Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Chris Cornell reflects on GNR and Axl when Soundgarden opened for them in 1991

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Chris is a class act he did n`t slag Axl for no reason he just pointed out the obvious what we already knew Axl is eccentric
Formerly known as Son of a gun

sailaway

sailaway

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts
  • 14-May 11

Chris Cornell is clearly on Team $lash.

Otherwise known as the evil liars

Guy saw it himself. GNR was the biggest band in the world and Axl had to bring it all down with his actions and cost the other band members millions of dollars on that tour.

Chris Cornell is clearly on Team $lash.

Otherwise known as bismillah vision

Guy saw it himself. GNR was the biggest band in the world and
Axl had to bring it all down with his actions and cost the other band members millions of dollars on that tour.

Sure, because you were there.

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
Wizard of Oz character :lol:

sailaway

sailaway

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,733 posts
  • 14-May 11

Wizard of Oz character :lol:

Traumatized by those flying monkeys :scared:

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,735 posts
  • 01-February 06

Slash was as close as anybody could have possibly been and you don't exactly take his word for it......

Posted Image

blackrose87

blackrose87

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • 04-January 12
But the way Chris Cornell paints things is exactly what has been said by all parties bar Axl for the last 20 years. I know Axl had his own issues back then. But the simple fact is everyone just wanted to play something that most bands can do without any trouble. Tantrums, storming off stage showing up super late to gigs sometimes not at all. As has been said Axl probably wasn't mentally fit to be touring back then.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,455 posts
  • 12-December 08

But the way Chris Cornell paints things is exactly what has been said by all parties bar Axl for the last 20 years. I know Axl had his own issues back then. But the simple fact is everyone just wanted to play something that most bands can do without any trouble. Tantrums, storming off stage showing up super late to gigs sometimes not at all. As has been said Axl probably wasn't mentally fit to be touring back then.

Chris had some insight as a singer and being formerly married to the one managing the band, plus all the people that work with the band that the lateness affects. Axl felt bad when he started realizing that the crew was being affected by it, and it's only a small handful of shows where he pissed people off, one was Sturgis.

People made excuses for him because the late shows were usually the ones where he came out and delivered, but if his voice isn't in prime shape, it's really hard for him to justify it.

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,158 posts
  • 15-July 03

But the way Chris Cornell paints things is exactly what has been said by all parties bar Axl for the last 20 years. I know Axl had his own issues back then. But the simple fact is everyone juste wanted to play something that most bands can do without any trouble. Tantrums, storming off stage showing up super late to gigs sometimes not at all. As has been said Axl probably wasn't mentally fit to be touring back then.

Great post.
Nice to see a reasonable post without the normal Axl or Slash bias that so many have.

gunsfanoldie

gunsfanoldie

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 13-November 11

But the way Chris Cornell paints things is exactly what has been said by all parties bar Axl for the last 20 years. I know Axl had his own issues back then. But the simple fact is everyone juste wanted to play something that most bands can do without any trouble. Tantrums, storming off stage showing up super late to gigs sometimes not at all. As has been said Axl probably wasn't mentally fit to be touring back then.

Great post.
Nice to see a reasonable post without the normal Axl or Slash bias that so many have.

Is there no way for someone to ask Axl this without giving some vague response? Its just such a simple question: why weren't you just able to go out and play? And for Axl to give a fair response.

Free Bird

Free Bird

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • 11-August 12
I don't see the big deal. Chris gets asked something and he responded. It's his perception, he didn't constitut it as a fact

sidman69

sidman69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • 18-June 08

skip to 0:40. I never understood why axl said he shouldn't be touring, he said it's great to be back on stage again and they have been planning the tour for a long time.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,455 posts
  • 12-December 08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVSuUeM331E

skip to 0:40. I never understood why axl said he shouldn't be touring, he said it's great to be back on stage again and they have been planning the tour for a long time.

He was promoting and putting a positive spin on things at a time they were still trying to finish the album. They were all excited for UYI to come out, but shows were being booked and it seems like it disrupted things in the band.

I'm sure Axl will eventually talk about "lessons learned" from past shows.

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,196 posts
  • 28-March 04

Slash was as close as anybody could have possibly been and you don't exactly take his word for it......

I don't either. It's hard to believe everything Slash says when he's been known to be less then honest sometimes, and when even a good friend of his like Marc, that knows him, said that he lies.

Edited by Rovim, 14 November 2012 - 05:04 PM.

All you do is slow me down

JayGatz

JayGatz

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • 26-July 12

Thought Axl always said what he meant?

Apparently he's a liar. Either then or recently when he was trying to make excuses for himself or typically shift blame to others.

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,196 posts
  • 28-March 04

Thought Axl always said what he meant?

Apparently he's a liar. Either then or recently when he was trying to make excuses for himself or typically shift blame to others.

You're the frontman of the biggest band in the world on a mega tour. What are you gonna say? that you don't want to be there?
There's a difference between lying and not being dumb. He did it anyway and it was a really long tour with amazing shows. He did what he had to do for the most part.

All you do is slow me down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users