Your request for Beta and Axl...........in 2014

Apollo

Let's keep this respectful so it doesn't get moved to attitude or deleted.

We know that Team Brazil and Axl's camp reads the forum.

As die-hard fans of the band, some of us have supported Axl financially and with our fandom since the beginning in the 80s and through the current band.

I'm sure that the GnR camp would be interested to read our thoughts.

So please keep this respectful, don't bash anybody, DONT post who u wish would get fired. JUST throw out what you would love to see happen with our favorite band in 2014.

I would love to see a new album, of course, but in a dream world 2014 would be even more than that. It would be the year that GnR/Axl dedicated to fans of the band.

I know it's important for Axl, Beta, Del, Fernando and company to - what is in their eyes - hold people accountable for their actions. Labels, video game companies, promoters, former band members, fans/haters on music forums, etc.

My wish is that they take one year off from doing that, and dedicate 2014 to the fans of the band. Put the haters, cancers, evil people on the back burner just for one year. And concentrate on the MILLIONS of fans who love and support Axl and his music.

Maybe take Prince's lead - again, just for 2014, and then go back to normal operations. Look at what the purple mad man has done at various times in his career.

1993: 3-disc greatest hits album. Featured two brand new songs, as well as unreleased tracks and all his B-side songs.

1996: 3-disc, 36 song album. Three hours of music.

1998: 5-disc collection of unreleased music

2006 album - prince had golden tickets inserted into random CDs. 24 winners (with a guest each) were able to attend a star-studded private party and performance......at Prince's house.

2009 - 3-disc release

I would love to see Axl/Beta do one of those t hings in 2014. Dedicate 2014 to the fans. Don't worry about the haters/evil people for one year.

Can you imagine 2014 looking like this and what it would do for the GnR brand?

Box set, includes 5 cds

1. New album - written by current band

2. B-sides, unreleased material on one disc

3. CD2 album - all leftover CD material

4. 2-disc live CD

5. 20 "golden tickets" randomly distributed in box set, plus randomly select 20 forum members to attend party at Axl's mansion. Gourmet food, a short acoustic show, hanging out with the band for the night.

THAT would shut up 90% of the haters, and bring GnR a TON of good press and positive reactions around the world.

• Like 1

I just want new music, that's all I really want.

I think a box-set would be a really good idea though. Have it be a 3 disk set. First disc is all the written and completely material from the last decade. The next two are unreleased demo's, b-sides and instrumentals. They can even have a deluxe version with a live CD, or even the Vegas DVD. I like the Golden ticket idea, but I think it's most possible that it could for a free Nightrain membership for 5 years or something like that.

I think a box-set is the best idea because it'll get all the material out in one piece, instead of possible masterpieces going to waste.

Edited by GNR123GNR456
  • Like 1

A new album. A boxset on top of that would be great, but really any form of new music is good, even if it's just digital EP's.

Change the set-list up. If there's no plans to release an album this year, go back to opening with Jungle. If there's a chance something could get released, open with a new song. I like CD as a show starter, but it's time to switch it. Drop some covers and some older songs (*cough* RQ *cough* YCBM *cough*), and solo spots. Instead of having everyone do a solo, why not add a song like Locomotive and extend the outro with a 3-4 min instrumental jam where different members get a minute or so each as the lead? Or just write a new instrumental song.

• Like 1

5. 20 "golden tickets" randomly distributed in box set, plus randomly select 20 forum members to attend party at Axl's mansion. Gourmet food, a short acoustic show, hanging out with the band for the night

I actually laughed. Why would forum members get chosen over the millions of facebook fans or the people at shows. Interestingly enough, back in 06 at a show I was at, Axl called out like 50 names through out the show to attend a private gig in london a few hours after the main show. So he has done stuff like this in the past.

However, I think you have a quite an imagination to think up of a boxset like that, but lets be honest it won't happen. Now is the time not to beg for new stuff, or imagine 'what if' scenario's.

We need to try and get into there minds and thinks what possible reasons they don't put out new albums or release special editions, or put out little documentaries or interviews..etc. Let's all accept the situation, but try to understand why Guns go about things they way they do. For me personally I believe if they release CD's or whatever, then they are tied into a touring contract on the labels terms, as well as other situations being dictated to them, rather than the bands terms.

Edited by Axl_morris

Axl_morris - that's fine too. Facebook friends. Twitter followers. Whatever or wherever the "fans" are located. Think of the positive press it would bring to the band. 25 fans picked at random from all the socal media sites (facebook, fanclubs, gnr forums, etc).

I was hoping this topic would show Beta/Del/Axl/Fernando that the world isn't just made up of haters, cupcakes and cancers. That there are millions of people who still love Axl and would kill to hear new music from this band. And I hope they could stop focusing on all the negative people, and really concentrate on Axl's millions of fans!!!!!!!

A reunion of the classic lineup. I'm sorry, but I've been patience and given Axl his time to create something new. He has, and it got old very quickly. I'm done kidding myself. I want a reunion and unless Axl does something on his own that blows me away (which I very much doubt based on Chinese Democracy, which was fine but not nearly as good as any of the other Guns albums), this is all I'll ever want from Guns N Roses now on.

Back in the day when Guns were on top of the world, there was Metallica, Nirvana, AC/DC, Iron Maiden...etc ruling the charts.

If Axl was to put out an album, and with all the talent involved it would be an excellent album. However he would be beaten to the top spot by miley cyrus/taylor swift/one direction/justin bieber, people that sell out venues to countries that they couldn't even point out on the map, a bunch of people that are not even 20 years old..... Guns time has been and gone and it sucks to even admit it.

Take Prince's lead? http://nypost.com/2013/08/26/prince-reigns-till-after-530-a-m-in-amazing-city-winery-show/

Prince arrived on stage at 3:15 a.m. and played until 5:40 a.m on Monday morning!

No cameras/no videos/ no phones. Yep, people were asked to not even check their cell phones!

1) Play a new song at the next show. Or play a bit of a new song. I expect the new release is gonna happen in 2014 so let's get a teaser.

2) Get rid of those videos that play with the band. Or get better ones that go with the songs or seem more meaningful.

3) Get a publicist that is reputable.

4) Put a personality on the Facebook page. Let's hear from Axl. Show his presence there as a definite.

5) Have one of Axl's confidants (Del James) or notables (Chuck Klosterman) interview him.

6) Keep up the good work! I only have suggestions not complaints really!

• Like 1

Back in the day when Guns were on top of the world, there was Metallica, Nirvana, AC/DC, Iron Maiden...etc ruling the charts.

If Axl was to put out an album, and with all the talent involved it would be an excellent album. However he would be beaten to the top spot by miley cyrus/taylor swift/one direction/justin bieber, people that sell out venues to countries that they couldn't even point out on the map, a bunch of people that are not even 20 years old..... Guns time has been and gone and it sucks to even admit it.

Naw bro, you are looking at it wrong.

Who cares what band is ruling the billboard charts?

What you described is what has happened since the beginning of the chart history.

My grandparents thought my parents music sucked. My parents thought my music sucked. I think my son's music sucks.

CD sold around 3 million copies. I think debuted at number 3 in america.

That's not a bad run for this new band. Imagine if Axl had promoted it, the band played some live shows (award shows, late night talk shows, etc), did a bunch of interviews, released a few videos.......I think they might have sold 4-5 million copies.

Axl could still do that today........if he/Beta wanted to.

I see no reason that a new GnR ablum wouldn't sell 3-5 million copies.

They don't have to rule the charts or be number one for a month.

CD sold around 3 million copies. I think debuted at number 3 in america.

That's not a bad run for this new band.

The NAME not the music sold the 3 million. Don't forget it was a MASSIVE loss for Best Buy and the remaining copies were then sold for $2 before the rest of the stock was sold off to dollar stores.

Guys I've cleaned this up -- further trolling and mindless insults will result in suspensions and possible bannings, sick of it. Make any challenge you want but do it intelligently and respectfully or find another forum to hang out.

New forum rules pinned, I suggest some of you go back and read HV's post.

On topic -- nice thread Groghan :)

• Like 1

I was just blown away when I read about Prince's past music history.

Guy is putting out a ton of music for his fans to enjoy.

Imagine if Axl did that? Instead of an album every 20 years, if he put out music more frequently. Prince is putting out multiple disc CDs featuring new and old music on multiple occassions.

That would be so amazing if Axl decided to do that...........even just for one year.

So much music in the vault. The new band (at least DJ and BBF) are dying to write/record music for the current band.

Why not share all that music with your fans????????

Thanks Subs!

I was hoping this would be a positive thing....where maybe one of Axl's camp would read it and go "Dang, not everybody on those forums is a cupcake. GnR fans really do support us and want to hear new music." Instead of all of us comlaining all the time, why not show these guys some love.

CD is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'd pay triple the normal cost to get new music.

And if it was a box set or a 3-disc set............new album, leftover cd songs, remixes/b-sides...........I'd pay $100 for that today.

Edited by Groghan

Okay, what I wish from the band up until Dec 14.

- Vegas 3D blu ray released

- European tour (being it a hits tour or a new album tour)

- A new album or EP.

- Axl Rose/GNR to do another sort of interview on UK TV, Graham norton, Jonathon Ross or someone like that.

- Axl to hire me as i'm going to be jobless at the end of the year, seriously, I can help push the piano in and out but that's about the limit of my transferable skills.