Iron Maiden - Maiden England European Tour 2014

Powerage5

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I'll catch them on this tour or not, think I might wait for the next tour (when would that be, 2015? 2016?), depends on how different the setlist is. Already spent stupid money to see GNR in Buenos Aires, and I'm thinking about seeing Pearl Jam in July.

Not sure if I'll catch them on this tour or not, think I might wait for the next tour (when would that be, 2015? 2016?), depends on how different the setlist is. Already spent stupid money to see GNR in Buenos Aires, and I'm thinking about seeing Pearl Jam in July.

Next European tour will probably be 2016, I can't see them doing Europe 3 years in a row. And the setlist for the next tour will be radically different, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Gotta get in on this as well, hmmm this is gonna be tough...

Studio:

Number Of The Beast

Powerslave

Iron Maiden

Somewhere In Time

Piece Of Mind

Killers

Brave New World

Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son

Dance Of Death

Fear Of The Dark

The Final Frontier

No Prayer for the Dying

A Matter Of Life & Death

X-Factor

Virtual XI

Live Albums:

Live after Death

Maiden Japan/Live +1

A Real Live Dead One

Beast Over Hammersmith

Rock In Rio

Death On The Road

Maiden England

Ev Vivo!

Flight 666

Live at Donnington

Edited by The Matinator

Gotta get in on this as well, hmmm this is gonna be tough...

Studio:

Number Of The Beast

Powerslave

Iron Maiden

Somewhere In Time

Piece Of Mind

Killers

Brave New World

Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son

Dance Of Death

Fear Of The Dark

The Final Frontier

No Prayer for the Dying

A Matter Of Life & Death

X-Factor

Virtual XI

Live Albums:

Live after Death

Maiden Japan/Live +1

A Real Live Dead One

Beast Over Hammersmith

Rock In Rio

Death On The Road

Maiden England

Ev Vivo!

Flight 666

Live at Donnington

Why so low for Flight 666 and En Vivo? Just curious - I don't think I've ever seen anyone list those two so low before...

Luxembourg gig added. First time they're playing Luxembourg since 1983 and the venue only holds 5,000. This is gonna be a fun one! :shades:

EDIT: Seems Maiden got their facts wrong in the press release - this will be the first time they play Luxembourg. They had a show scheduled in 1983, but cancelled because Bruce was sick. This is another item to check off my Maiden bucket list - see them in a country they've never played before.

Here's the info roundup on the rest of the dates:

- 7 gigs left to be announced (In theory)

- 2 of those dates will be in countries not played in 2013 - strongest rumors/speculation at this point are Serbia, Norway, Estonia, or Ireland. That said, they could throw another curveball - no one saw Luxembourg coming.

- The remaining 5 dates will be in countries played in 2013 - most likely options are Spain (2 gigs?) and Finland. The other 2 (or 3) gigs are a toss up between Portugal, Slovakia (Unlikely), Belgium, Poland, Russia (Unlikely), Romania (Highly unlikely), Turkey (Highly unlikely), and Croatia.

- 2 warm-up gigs in small-ish venues before Fortarock are likely, based on past tours. Belgrade is highly likely for the opening gig, as it's served that purpose twice before.

• 1 year later...

I know this is not an appropriate topic, but anyway i don't want to start a thread

maybe Powerage knows this, but i just discovered, that the famous Iron Maiden was NOT the first band using the name

There's no formal relationship between the first Iron Maiden and the current one. The only thing that is known is that in 1976 Steve Harris received a phone call from another English person with different accent, threatening to sue them for using the same band name. The threat was never substantiated and became forgotten in the treasures of memory. In fact, Iron Maiden led by Steve Harris are in fact the third band to use the name "Iron Maiden". Between 1970 and 1976 existed a second Iron Maiden, but nothing was released that is worthy of admiration.

This was the first Iron Maiden, they played heavy psychedelic music/doom metal between 1968-1970...
Some parts of the music was quite similar for what we known as Iron Maiden's style.... (i'm NOT saying that Steve Harris rip off this band or anything like that)
Many interesting facts are here, maybe other people interested about this: http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/article.php?article_id=1317&page=&message_id=

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

Yeah, if memory serves correctly, Steve did his research and found the name had never been registered when they were threatened with legal action - he went out and immediately registered the name and that was the end of the legal debate over it.

Yeah, if memory serves correctly, Steve did his research and found the name had never been registered when they were threatened with legal action - he went out and immediately registered the name and that was the end of the legal debate over it.

Thanks for the info

Anyway i just finished reading this dude's memoirs being a roadie from almost the beginning for Iron Maiden till the Powerslave days

Great read, recommended

http://www.metaltalk.net/columns/20104600.php

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1