Latest GnR gig you went to?

You know what, I left the 2012 shows just as happy as I left the 2010 ones. I enjoyed them all equally.

It was only until I came on this forum and youtube that you notice the difference.

When you are down the front in an arena the speakers are above you and off to the side - I could barely make out Axl except the slower songs. For me it was more about the music and seeing the guys in the flesh, the production, the pyro and of course seeing Axl Rose...the guy we never hear about but talk about everyday.

That being said he better not suck for when im youtubing these upcoming shows :D

• Like 1

2010 Vienna

I almost made the Bucarest show in 2010 and almost made 2012 Belgrade show, but in the last minute "life gets in the way"

That show was at the EXIT festival in Novi Sad, my latest gig.

I was there, too, what did you think? I thought Axl was z bit weak but the crowd were great.

The Forum, December of 2011. Helluva trip- Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, and my first GNR show in 3 days...

Unfortunately, my now ex freaked out and made us leave like 6 songs in...

So I bought tickets for the June 7th, 2014 Vegas show and I'll be damned if anyone makes me leave early! ;)

Gov Ball NYC. Decent show but definetly the worse show I've seen of GnR. Axl was def out of shape and his voice was not great. The crowd loved it though. Even my son said Axl isn't really fat but he's fatter than Orlando 2011. Which I agreed with.

Show started early though but was a shortened version of a Norman GnR show. No estranged or patience. Was kind of bummed they played the Seeker but not patience in the encore.

Honestly, I'd put Gov Ball in my top 3 :shrugs: It was the best I'd heard Axl since Hamilton 2010, it was a short, to the point show, and they managed to win over a crowd that seemed ready to hate them.

I agree did a great job winning over a crowd that wasn't a typical GnR crowd. I honestly thought VIP would then out after a few songs but it was full to the end.

Axl sounded fine but I guess since I've seen them several times I could hear it when the rasp wasn't there. I do feel he was in the worse shape physically since 2009. It wasn't a bad show just my least-favorite

2010 Vienna

I almost made the Bucarest show in 2010 and almost made 2012 Belgrade show, but in the last minute "life gets in the way"

I was there, too, what did you think? I thought Axl was z bit weak but the crowd were great.

It was great. They played almost everything I wanted to hear from the repertoire that they had, six songs I heard live for the first time that night. Axl was very cheerful and I had the impression that he really enjoyed the performance and that he was very pleased with the crowd response. As for the vocals, obviously there was a big difference compared to the show I went in 2010. Although my friend with whom I was also in 2010 show doesn't think so. But, due to adrenaline I didn't care that much. They need better sound system btw.

Not so much related...Some Hungarian guy who was standing next to me and who asked me at one point to step right so that his friend can stand next to him caught the whistle. It was only a few inches from my hand. I still believe it was intended for me. :question:

Apparently, he started show thread at CD.com http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php/topic,49212.msg1175352.html#msg1175352

And I read your post about Canadian girl you met at the Belgrade airport in other thread and I remember I saw a picture of Axl with a fan at the same airport who kinda looks like you.

So, that's you, right? :lol:

163351_535604479812977_1818031789_n.jpg?

2010 Vienna

It was great. They played almost everything I wanted to hear from the repertoire that they had, six songs I heard live for the first time that night. Axl was very cheerful and I had the impression that he really enjoyed the performance and that he was very pleased with the crowd response. As for the vocals, obviously there was a big difference compared to the show I went in 2010. Although my friend with whom I was also in 2010 show doesn't think so. But, due to adrenaline I didn't care that much. They need better sound system btw.

Not so much related...Some Hungarian guy who was standing next to me and who asked me at one point to step right so that his friend can stand next to him caught the whistle. It was only a few inches from my hand. I still believe it was intended for me. :question:

Apparently, he started show thread at CD.com http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php/topic,49212.msg1175352.html#msg1175352

And I read your post about Canadian girl you met at the Belgrade airport in other thread and I remember I saw a picture of Axl with a fan at the same airport who kinda looks like you.

Hah, he wishes he was as handsome as me ;) ! Nah, I wouldn't have bumped into him at airport, he probably left straight after show, I was in Belgrade for a day or two after EXIT.

I was pretty lucky, for some reason I was let into the festival grounds early that day. I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to be let through until I got to the stage and it was empty apart from Bumble hanging out with a couple of friends of Fortus!

gtwe.jpg

fwc6.jpg

Bumble didn't seem to think that Axl would like my sign...

zzhz.jpg

I held it up halfway through the set (didn't want to keep holding up and bothering everyone else). Axl looked down, and when he went for his oxygen break during the song, his big Cockney security guy with "Land of Hope and Glory" tattooed on his forearms came up to me and asked if the sign was mine. I said yes, and he asked if he could have it. I handed it over, and Beta and Jarmo and Kat all looked at it, with Katarina Benzova bent over (WEEEEYYYY) and laughing. She then took a photo of Beta with the sign:

j4f.png

The security guard then handed it back to me. Asked Kat on Twitter if I could see the photo she took but never got a response :/

2010 Vienna

Hah, he wishes he was as handsome as me ;) ! Nah, I wouldn't have bumped into him at airport, he probably left straight after show, I was in Belgrade for a day or two after EXIT.

I was pretty lucky, for some reason I was let into the festival grounds early that day. I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to be let through until I got to the stage and it was empty apart from Bumble hanging out with a couple of friends of Fortus!

gtwe.jpg

fwc6.jpg

Bumble didn't seem to think that Axl would like my sign...

zzhz.jpg

I held it up halfway through the set (didn't want to keep holding up and bothering everyone else). Axl looked down, and when he went for his oxygen break during the song, his big Cockney security guy with "Land of Hope and Glory" tattooed on his forearms came up to me and asked if the sign was mine. I said yes, and he asked if he could have it. I handed it over, and Beta and Jarmo and Kat all looked at it, with Katarina Benzova bent over (WEEEEYYYY) and laughing. She then took a photo of Beta with the sign:

j4f.png

The security guard then handed it back to me. Asked Kat on Twitter if I could see the photo she took but never got a response :/

Hahaha yeah, he looks pissed. :lol:

That's awesome! What was Axl's reaction? I'm surprised they let you go in with the sign. When I entered, they searched thoroughly. They didn't allow any banners entering. Ah I could have meet Bumble :(. I have entered around 19h. Before that I rested on a beach and I watched only performance by the band that played before Wolfmother, Partibrejkers. Did you like them? I missed Wolfmother, or rather listened them from the hill nearby. I wanted to be rested and drank for GnR :D. So you were in the first row? You must have been exhausted. How was your view? The stage was quite high. How was the sound there? I was, let say 10-15 meters from the stage and in the first 30 minutes or so Axl and solo guitars were down in the mix, I could barely hear them.

Do you have any more pictures or videos?

Hahaha yeah, he looks pissed. :lol:

That's awesome! What was Axl's reaction? I'm surprised they let you go in with the sign. When I entered, they searched thoroughly. They didn't allow any banners entering. Ah I could have meet Bumble :(. I have entered around 19h. Before that I rested on a beach and I watched only performance by the band that played before Wolfmother, Partibrejkers. Did you like them? I missed Wolfmother, or rather listened them from the hill nearby. I wanted to be rested and drank for GnR :D. So you were in the first row? You must have been exhausted. How was your view? The stage was quite high. How was the sound there? I was, let say 10-15 meters from the stage and in the first 30 minutes or so Axl and solo guitars were down in the mix, I could barely hear them.

Do you have any more pictures or videos?

They did have a look at my banner, but then they let me through. Wolfmother were pretty good, one guy next to me was going apeshit for them! Loads of hot girls at the front hoping to impress Axl ;) I had no chance :( Stage was really high, could only really see Axl, same at Abu Dhabi as well.

Only took a couple of videos apparently, I'm sure I took more...:

• Like 1