Guns N' Roses Billboard Boxscore 2014 [Official Concert Attendance]

Axl will always have a cult following, under the name GNR he will always sell tickets regardless of how much he relies on old material and refuses to fulfill what he set out to do, considering GNR were down there not too long ago that's pretty decent numbers for what's considered a dinosaur band with the madman the only guy left, the south americans are usually more avid than any part of the world so Axl is bound to sell well there. Europe and North America will be interesting compared to the last tour. I just fucking wish they'd quit the touring and spend a year doing something, Axl ain't getting younger. These guys still play the shit out of the material and do it justice live. Axl never gives less than 100%, he's been thru a bad patch but is improving, I don't see him hitting his old form but barely anyone could get near that. Just a damn shame there is nothing for them to display their creative talent on except solo sections and Axl won't sing anything new. Going Down, is there a problem playing that?

To be honest, I think they have enough staying power to last another year or two and pull decent numbers. But it's only a matter of time before those numbers become embarrassingly abysmal. Unless some obvious things happen, of course. And I don't blame Axl for wanting to pull out before the inevitable happens.

If he's made enough money, good for him. Let 'er die.

I mean it's not that bad. 150k people in 12 shows is pretty good. Sure, the shows are not sold-out, but then I usually response those kinds of comments with "Well, where else can you fit that amount of people, attended, anyway on that same day?"

Edited by Anguyen92

These numbers are good for a band that's not in the charts, not had an album out for 6years & not an original line up. This was also the 3rd tour in 4 years.

Not to mention the extended number of shows played.

So for a band that will play full shows to 3500 audiances quite happilly (ucap/vegas/theatres), I'd consider this a win.

Also weren't these tickets quite expensive?

Edited by Axl_morris

Looking at the OP, the prices ranges from as low as probably $35 (the nosebleeds that is far back from the stage, probably) to close to $300 (the floor seats?). So to make something as low as $600k to as high as $2 million, per show, is pretty good.

Edited by Anguyen92

I love watching Ali call people out for spinning things to fit their own agenda..........while he does the exact same thing. Classic.

It looks like GnR's management team and touring manager overestimated the size of venues that GnR be performing at.

But, it looks like GnR is still a great draw in some markets. The averages look pretty good, especially for a band that is just living off of its past musical legacy.

Would love to see how a new album would effect those touring numbers.

The numbers on the right column are venue capacity or total ticket offer?

One has to keep in mind that SA venues usually operate under their maximum capacity due to issues with organization, security and infrastructure. Also, black market for tickets is a cancer here.

I love watching Ali call people out for spinning things to fit their own agenda..........while he does the exact same thing. Classic.

It looks like GnR's management team and touring manager overestimated the size of venues that GnR be performing at.

But, it looks like GnR is still a great draw in some markets. The averages look pretty good, especially for a band that is just living off of its past musical legacy.

Would love to see how a new album would effect those touring numbers.

Actually I didn't do that at all. I'm not saying it's either good or bad. Just that there are different ways of looking at it.

Nice try, though.

Ali

That's for sure. Specially in Paraguay and Bolivia. More than half empty. Almost 2/3 empty. Damn! :no:

That said, for the rest of the gigs, they did well so... I would say that overall, the tour was not a failure.

Also, black market for tickets is a cancer here.

Pedro, pls.

Black market (or, I should say, 'scalpers' since "black market" sounds bad) has existed since 1980. The numbers are good, but in comparison with prior years, they're low. Who cares.

Pedro, pls.

Black market (or, I should say, 'scalpers' since "black market" sounds bad) has existed since 1980. The numbers are good, but in comparison with prior years, they're low. Who cares.

I agree the term is poor. My English vocabulary failed me as I didn't know any alternative.

It was more like a question, really. I am a sports journalist, and for experience, I know that a lot of Brazilian stadiums operate below capacity. Morumbi, for instance, theoretically houses 80.000 people, but with an attendance of 50.000, in practical terms, is sold out.

Pedro, pls.

I agree the term is poor. My English vocabulary failed me as I didn't know any alternative.

It was more like a question, really. I am a sports journalist, and for experience, I know that a lot of Brazilian stadiums operate below capacity. Morumbi, for instance, theoretically houses 80.000 people, but with an attendance of 50.000, in practical terms, is sold out.

I just read your question. The numbers on the right are the number of tickets available, with the left being number of tickets sold. I think it has nothing to do with the venue 'real' capacity.

My English fails me all the time, so don't worry! :lol:

Pedro, pls.

I just read your question. The numbers on the right are the number of tickets available, with the left being number of tickets sold. I think it has nothing to do with the venue 'real' capacity.

My English fails me all the time, so don't worry! :lol:

Those are not really good numbers then. I guess it makes sense, as many friends of mine who are GNR fans didn't give a crap about this tour.

Where are you from?

Those are not really good numbers then. I guess it makes sense, as many friends of mine who are GNR fans didn't give a crap about this tour.

Where are you from?

I disagree. Anyone expecting Axl to sell out a 30,000 capacity venue in 2014, with those prices, is definitely batshit crazy. However, the fact that Axl was able to sell more than 10,000 tickets in almost every city they performed in Brazil, is surprising and positive.

Peru. :)

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Where are you from?

I disagree. Anyone expecting Axl to sell out a 30,000 capacity venue in 2014, with those prices, is definitely batshit crazy. However, the fact that Axl was able to sell more than 10,000 tickets in almost every city they performed in Brazil, is surprising and positive.

Peru. :)

The sad is thing is that a band like U2 would easily sell out those venues.

In light of the collapse of Axl's ticket sales, I cannot believe some people can still defend Team Brazil. Here we have Axl's most reliable market, South America, yet Team Brazil have over-projected by, 86,038! 86,038 missing fans - it is a damning statistic! It is a wonder why some of those shows were not cancelled as Nugnr have cancelled shows in North America before for poor sales (of course, they never admit this).

I don't see how you can say they over-projected. There may have been a range of venues and capacities available and the ones they chose were the most suited to what they were expecting to draw.

People will frame this however they want to support their preferred narrative, ultimately.

Ali

Aren't you really contradicting yourself here?

You don't think they over-projected? Well, if they chose from a range of venues and picked the ones "THEY" thought were the most suited to what they were "EXPECTING" to draw...............and at many shows, the venues were half full..............what in the world does the term over-projected mean to you?

In light of the collapse of Axl's ticket sales, I cannot believe some people can still defend Team Brazil. Here we have Axl's most reliable market, South America, yet Team Brazil have over-projected by, 86,038! 86,038 missing fans - it is a damning statistic! It is a wonder why some of those shows were not cancelled as Nugnr have cancelled shows in North America before for poor sales (of course, they never admit this).

I don't see how you can say they over-projected. There may have been a range of venues and capacities available and the ones they chose were the most suited to what they were expecting to draw.

People will frame this however they want to support their preferred narrative, ultimately.

Ali

Aren't you really contradicting yourself here?

You don't think they over-projected? Well, if they chose from a range of venues and picked the ones "THEY" thought were the most suited to what they were "EXPECTING" to draw...............and at many shows, the venues were half full..............what in the world does the term over-projected mean to you?

Let me be clear: they may not have over-projected. Were there other venues in these locations that could handle the capacity they actually drew, or close to, AND were available?

There may be a few factors to consider. That's all I'm saying.

Ali

• Like 2

Ali

You said it: ''what they were expecting to draw''. Exactly. They over-projected, ''what they were expecting to draw''.

Guns N' Roses

Arena Anhembi Sao Paulo, Brazil

March 28, 2014

$2,090,395

18,000 / 35,000

$266.06, $123.85

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Esplanada do Mineirao Belo Horizonte, Brazil

March 22, 2014

$1,404,427

16,342 /25,000

$183.49, $50.46

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Estadio Durival Britto e Silva Curitiba, Brazil

March 30, 2014

$1,271,180

11,180 / 20,000

$275.23, $100.92

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Centro de Eventos do Ceara Fortaleza, Brazil

April 17, 2014

$1,264,417

14,570 / 15,000

$458.72, $41.28

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Pavilhao da FIERGS Porto Alegre, Brazil

April 3, 2014

$1,198,083

12,197 / 12,197

$220.18, $59.63

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Chevrolet Hall Recife, Brazil

April 15, 2014

$1,180,640

10,630 / 12,000

$642.20, $55.05

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Estadio de Ferrocarril Oeste Buenos Aires, Argentina

April 6, 2014

$1,161,415

16,525 / 24,659

$125, $37.50

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Devassa On Stage Florianopolis, Brazil

April 1, 2014

$1,021,262

9,902 / 11,100

$146.79, $100.92

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

HSBC Arena Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

March 20, 2014

$963,193

10,425 / 12,928

$238.53, $87.16

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Ginasio Nilson Nelson Brasilia, Brazil

March 25, 2014

$848,744

10,843 / 12,000

$128.44, $45.87

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Jockey Club Asuncion, Paraguay

April 9, 2014

$646,323

11,232 / 30,000

$207.57, $36.90

Mercury Concerts

Guns N' Roses

Estadio Hernando Siles La Paz, Bolivia

April 12, 2014

$643,560

12,000 / 30,000

$256.65, $35.93

Mercury Concerts

These numbers are 100% official, 100% accurate.

You saw these numbers here first at MYGNR. ;)

These numbers are amazing...Don't forget this wa 3rd south american tour in last 4 years...As se know Iron Maiden is very popular band in Brazil a these are their numbers

34 Iron Maiden Ginasio Nilson Nelson

Brasilia, Brazil

March 30, 2011

$891,477

8,375 /

1 /

$210.66, $51.16

Evenpro/Water Brother/Mondo Entretenimento

35 Iron Maiden HSBC Arena

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

March 28, 2011

$882,366

11,709 /

1 /

$240.83, $36.13

Evenpro/Water Brother/Mondo Entretenimento

Heh. The problem is not those shows with available capacity, because for those shows they got as much tickets sales as possible (and renting a smaller arena might not have been much cheaper), the problem is those shows where there were no seats available because that suggests they didn't sell as much as they could have.

And saying this is over-projection sounds like...wishful thinking ;). Perhaps the next available arena had only a capacity of 5 000, then it likely better to hire a 20 000 capacity venue and sell 12 000 tickets. It all comes down to what arenas are available, their respective hiring costs, and the costs of tickets. Besides, you forgot to factor in the "under-projecting" in those cases where all tickets were sold :D

• Like 1

Apart from Axl sounding considerably weaker than the last tours, the show is essentially exactly the same, a very good show of a competent band playing old material that they (apart from Stinson and he wasn't even on the tour was he?) had very little or no involvement in except Axl rose, who makes up 95% of the ticket sales. It's not really a band in the conventional sense nor are there any signs of progression. The issue is that Axl could have done what he set out to do, introduce at least a third of the setlist gradually, with promotion and repetition as he done from 2001-2010 until the release, demented Axl era new GNR material. New record in 2011, play four more songs, maybe take out 1 CD song to allow the old material a healthy balance so as to ensure casuals still bring cash in. Instead he literally has made it about the past even with CD now, people are bored of CD, Shackler's, Better, Street of Dreams, Sorry, TIL even so CITR or TWAT seem like 'new' songs. So he can't even rely on 'I play a handful of the same new songs so it's still not me being a Slash hypocrite relying on past associations'.

1.New song (Soul Monster)

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. Mr.Brownstone

4. New Song (The General)

5. Estranged

6. New Song (Thyme)

7. Catcher In The Rye

8. You Could Be Mine

9. Nightrain

10. Better

11. New Song (Going Down)

12. Yesterdays

13. Sorry

14. Don't Cry

15. Prostitute

16. November Rain

17. Civil War

18. Paradise City

Seems a fair balance and would still bring in the same audience, maybe even convert many of 'em. This would be a kinda setlist, maybe drop some jams and covers to fit more songs in, this would be an ''evolution'' that he once sought to achieve.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 1