Islamic State claims it executed American photojournalist James Foley

Ace Nova

Back on topic.

Anyone that kills an innocent civilian...especially in the name of God...shall be damned.

;)

Wouldn't that be the exact same thing as killing your neighbour in the name of god for working on the Sabbath? Some Christians have a different interpretation of the bible than you, and choose not to ignore most of the Old Testament, included the aforementioned part about being killed for working on the Sabbath. Are they not Christians?

I'm guessing you grew up in a religious home?

I guess a little. Not the crazy, television stereotype sort, though. I certainly had free will.

My illumination came years after my childhood.

I guess you grew up in an atheist/agnostic home?

Yeah, but your family probably had a cross on the wall, said a prayer before dinner and before bedtime, went to church on Sundays, and so on? If done regularly, before a child develops a rational mind, little things like that doesn't exactly make it easier for the kid to see things from a non-believers point of view, even when he/she has grown up.

I'm the only atheist in my family, as far as I know. My family simply doesn't talk about religion nor atheism. This is something I'm very grateful for, because it has allowed me not to be influenced by either side before I had become rational enough to look at the facts and make up my mind on whether I should be religious or an atheist. I want the same for my future kids - whatever they want to believe in is fine by me, as long as they haven't been influenced to lean one way or the other when they were too young to look at things rationally.

Edited by Lithium

British Intelligence has IDed the shit stain that murdered Foley as British rap singer Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, aka Jinn Matic, aka L Jinny. The 23 year old has been on a MI6 watch list since he went to Syria to fight last year.

He is the son of terrorist Adel Abdul Bary, a top Al Queda operative in London. The Senior Bary has been extradited to the US to stand trial for his role in the '98 Africa embassy compounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576695/Hip-hop-jihadist-claims-kidnapped-tortured-robbed-fellow-Islamists.html

29nduti.jpg

Most modern day interpretations of religions....including Islam, call for peace. It's the idiots with their own agendas that kill for it. Stereotyping and grouping all religion with such an ignorant statement is obtuse, to say the least.

Mainstream religions have government and military backing. Don't kind yourself if they under threat they are ready to rock n roll. There's no difference in the mindset. Bush's grandchildren may have to set out camp in the desert and live like Bedouins to save fundamentalist Christianity. We all think our beliefs are normal and right. If Texas was surrounded by Islam State they'd fight tooth and mail to survive. Even if the whole world was ISIS. The Robot in the Sand Castle will be written.

29nduti.jpg

Most modern day interpretations of religions....including Islam, call for peace. It's the idiots with their own agendas that kill for it. Stereotyping and grouping all religion with such an ignorant statement is obtuse, to say the least.

Well I don't think he was insinuating that all religious people feel the need to kill those who are of different religious observances. I think the point was, if you are willing to kill another person, to prove that your religion is more correct, or better, or whatever, than that is reprehensibly wrong.

KK is your religion worth killing for? I doubt you'd say yes. Which I believe is the point WFA was making, sane people realize that religion is not worth killing for (especially since it goes against religious teaching).

• Like 2

Since ISIS in Iraq is an unintended consequence of our invading Iraq in the first place (or second place), and now this journalist getting his head taken off is an unintended consequence of our meddling where we don't belong once again, how about we start becoming conscious of the horrors that always follow our oh so noble attempts to spread democracy or whatever else with the tips of missiles.

I get it it, It's all Bushs fault.

you have become a comedy

Since ISIS in Iraq is an unintended consequence of our invading Iraq in the first place (or second place), and now this journalist getting his head taken off is an unintended consequence of our meddling where we don't belong once again, how about we start becoming conscious of the horrors that always follow our oh so noble attempts to spread democracy or whatever else with the tips of missiles.

I get it it, It's all Bushs fault.

you have become a comedy

You really only understand Democrat vs. Republican, huh? :lol:

Nope, not all Bush's fault. He played his own significant part, though.

29nduti.jpg

Well I don't think he was insinuating that all religious people feel the need to kill those who are of different religious observances. I think the point was, if you are willing to kill another person, to prove that your religion is more correct, or better, or whatever, than that is reprehensibly wrong.

KK is your religion worth killing for? I doubt you'd say yes. Which I believe is the point WFA was making, sane people realize that religion is not worth killing for (especially since it goes against religious teaching).

I actually realized that sometime later when re-reading the thread.

Anything I truly love (technically) could be worth killing for. Whether I would do it (or if it would make any sense) is another story. And being that killing or murdering is against (pretty much) everything I believe in (including my religion and most religions)....well...

Given the right circumstances man is capable of anything.

A relatively bland statement (no offense)....especially coming from you.

Obviously man is capable of anything....this is man's world.

It sounded better when Jack Palance said it in Chinatown.

What I'm saying is we don't know what we'd do if ISIS had our neighborhood surrounded. We might start firing missiles and beheading motherfuckers on youtube.

Given the right circumstances man is capable of anything.

A relatively bland statement (no offense)....especially coming from you.

Obviously man is capable of anything....this is man's world.

Not just mans world, man shares it with the animals and nature. That's a bad mindset to have IMO.
  • Like 1

Isis killed another American reporter today and someone from the White House made a speech about how America is shocked and appalled! Wow! Those guys must be shaking in their boots!

It's a joke. This group knows the US can't get them, so they are doing whatever the hell they want to. It's terrible that some mother has lost her son yet again

While Obama does nothing.

Isis killed another American reporter today and someone from the White House made a speech about how America is shocked and appalled! Wow! Those guys must be shaking in their boots!

It's a joke. This group knows the US can't get them, so they are doing whatever the hell they want to. It's terrible that some mother has lost her son yet again

While Obama does nothing.

So I guess you propose an all out invasion, where (most likely) hundreds, if not thousands, of mothers could lose their sons?