Brooklyn Nine-Nine

GivenToFly

Does anybody watch this show?

I've been seeing a lot of talk about it and how great it supposedly is. Also a lot of scenes from the show get posted (on reddit etc.) in panel format (a series of a few subtitled screenshots) and judging by those I thought it could be really funny and worth watching.

So I gave it a shot and watched the first season recently and it's, how do I put this?, ALMOST good. Not quite getting there. There are some pretty funny scenes and jokes now and then but overall the writing isn't spectacular. Also it must be the first sitcom I've ever seen that works better in panel format then in video, mostly because other than Andy Samberg nobody in the cast is funny AT ALL.

My conclusion: heavily overrated. Opinions?

I've watched this show since season 1. The characters are so quirky and the actors are just amazing.

Andy Sanberg is just so damn funny, but the whole assemble of actors on this show is just so good. Everyone has their own unique character with such crazy personalities.

It's just a show that makes you laugh and feel good after you watch it.

I think it's a very good show and one of the best comedies on tv today.

I sort of love it. Aside from Blackish (which is very promising), it's the only comedy on at the moment I like. And I disagree entirely about the ensemble - they're all great, especially Terry Crews, Chelsea Perretti and Andre Braugher.

• 6 months later...

i like it. I like the Captain's deadpan delivery, and I think there's enough strong characters to get a few seasons out of it. It seems like the kind of thing that'll start to drift off if any of the main five or six cast members leave. It's one of the better comedy shows around at the minute though.

Yeah it's not as good as Broke Girls or Anger Management but induces a similar slack jawed bliss.

anger management is some of the worst filth that's been on TV in a long time (i wanted it to be good, i was rooting for charlie when it debuted, but it was just abysmal, and i gave up after the first season).

brooklyn nine-nine is in a whole other ballpark.

Season 2 is better than Season 1. Whereas Brooklyn is kind of lagging. They've done the stake out cop jokes one too many times. Nothing gets old about jokes about booze and naked chicks.

Edited by wasted