Alice Cooper talks GNR reunion : 'Where's Izzy?'

On 9.2.2016 at 6:38 PM, Blake Sabbath said:

Surely Alice Cooper is privy to whatever the fuck is going on!

You can't tell me having both Duff and Sorum in your other band doesn't give you answers to all the questions you have!

Yes. And given that fact he should really shut up. If he's wondering why Izzy's not there, he could ask Duff, instead of insinuating that the other guys don't want him there.

Edited by PatrickS77

Seems like Axl just doesn't like Matt. It happens. Sometimes people don't like other people. Slash hated Paul Huge. If Matt is a person Axl dilikes why involve him? He's not the original guy, he's never been anything other than a hired hand, so what's the point. Yeah, it's the three that matter and whoever they choose to work with at that point that they ALL agree with and everyone is comfortable. That's the only logical way to do this. Getting Matt if Axl is against it would be senseless.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

Izzy left in 1991. He's not coming back full time..he has his own, low key band. Maybe a full show at some point, but not a full time band member.

Alice should ask himself, 'Why are Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce and Neil Smith not in my band anymore?!'

Yeah. That was my thought too... he also ditched his band like some worn out shoes and hijacked the name. He's not really the one to ask that question.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bono said:

They are duping fans by not saying anything though. Say what the situation is and then let fans decide knowing the risk that he may not be there. The only reason they aren't saying anyting is in fact to dupe fans into thinking it's a full on original 5 reunion. 

No. They were pretty obvious in their statement that only Axl, Slash and Duff are a guarantee. If you only go when Izzy or Steven are there too, you probably shouldn't go anyway.

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

... Except that he had to still come to the forum. It's legal but still weird because we don't know who Eddie money actually is, and the fact that another source could pick up on that article and misquote it as Eddie money so then, people will think the real Eddie money has the reunion details. It can get messy..

Yes. This is true. The reporter should've clarified the user's forum name is "Eddie Money" and clarified it as a possible pseudonym rather than a 100 percent-credible identity.

7 hours ago, downzy said:

Not sure I agree.  They have released promotional spots for both the Vegas and Mexico City dates that include Axl, Duff, and Slash.  No mention of Izzy or Steven or Matt.  

How can you not agree. They aren't saying who's actually in the band. They show the three most iconic guys but don't show anyone else. So if they are being straight up then we can expect only Slash, Duff and Axl. Nobody else. The reason they aren't showing anyone else is because they don't want people knowing who's in and who's out BECAUSE if people know 100% it's not a full on reunion the excitment is less. They are absolutely trying to dupe people here into thinking this is a full on reunion. "They're back!" doesn't suggest "Part of them are back!". If they were honest with fans they'd explain the situation but as usual in GnR land respect for the fans and being upfront isn't in their vocabulary. 

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. They were pretty obvious in their statement that only Axl, Slash and Duff are a guarantee. If you only go when Izzy or Steven are there too, you probably shouldn't go anyway.

Haha what the fuck does that even mean? So if I knew specific shows Izzy and Steven would be at and those are the shows I want to attend I probably shouldn't go anyways? Because what? I'm not a real fan if I don't care to see Slash and DUff join Axl, FRank, Richard and Pitman or something?  GTFO 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

How can you not agree. They aren't saying who's actually in the band. They show the three most iconic guys but don't show anyone else. So if they are being straight up then we can expect only Slash, Duff and Axl. Nobody else. The reason they aren't showing anyone else is because they don't want people knowing who's in and who's out BECAUSE if people know 100% it's not a full on reunion the excitment is less. They are absolutely trying to dupe people here into thinking this is a full on reunion. "They're back!" doesn't suggest "Part of them are back!". If they were honest with fans they'd explain the situation but as usual in GnR land respect for the fans and being upfront isn't in their vocabulary. 

Stupidest shit I've read on hear, reaching much to find something to complain about?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I completely disagree...it's fairly clear if you are buying a ticket to go see GnR right now you are going to see Axl, Duff and Slash.  Other dudes will be playing with them, but it's no guarantee as to who that will be when the time comes.

Disagree all you want fact is I"m completely right. In classic GnR style they are not filling fans in on what the actual situation is. In classic GnR style they are trying to keep things top secret in order to dupe fans. No different than calling their Vegas residency "No trickery" in some vague way to intrigue fans. Real bands don't pul this shit. They put out proper statements and let the fans know exactly what to expect. I'm not hating on this "reunion", it's fine but to deny the fact GnR and it's moronic management aren't being assholes about this is just willingly being blind.  Put out a fucking press release and tell fans who's in the band. They won't do that though because the minte they do that they admit it's not a full on reunion and the appeal of it lessens. You can't deny that or disgaree with that. It's just a  straight up fact. 

• Like 1

On February 10, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Bono said:

I don't agree because I don't agree with your logic for a couple of reasons.  First, no one really gives a shit who else is in the band if it's not an original/classic member.  What benefit is it to advertise Richard's inclusion since few, if anyone, really cares about Richard.  What they're advertising is the members who matter to most people.  Second, no where have they said this was a full blown reunion.  If they wanted people to think this was a GNR reunion, wouldn't they have put it in the promotional materials?  The press releases have been clear: this is Guns N' Roses with Axl, Duff, Slash.  They're not duping anyone.  If you show up thinking you're going to see Izzy despite the band never mentioning him, that's on you.  Third, maybe Izzy will be joining them from time to time, but they're not sure when those times will be.  What are they suppose to do, put out an add that says "and maybe Izzy Stradlin?"  That makes no sense.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bono said:
14 minutes ago, Bono said:

Yes, they do.

Coachella statement:
"Guns N’ Roses announce the most significant and anxiously awaited musical event of this century. Founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan will regroup to headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival (April 15-17 & April 22-24)—as announced last night!"

Mexico statement:
"Guns N' Roses have just announced a second show in Mexico City! Due to popular demand, Axl, Slash, and Duff will take the Foro Sol stage for an encore perfomance on April 20. Tickets for the show will go on sale starting Tuesday, February 16, but Nightrain members will get access to concert tickets for the show before they are available to the public!"

As for Vegas, doN't know if there is a full statement, but the video clearly only shows Axl, Slash and Duff. Anything else is speculation and wishful thinking. If you feel duped by the obvious (which is Axl, Slash and Duff are contracted to play, anything else is an unadvertised bonus), then that's really your problem. Not theirs. If you only care to see Izzy and Steven, then stay away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

What are they suppose to do, put out an add that says "and maybe Izzy Stradlin?"  That makes no sense.  

LOL yeah "and maybe Izzy Stradlin, if you're lucky and if you hit the jackpot, then you might have a chance to also see Steven sit in for a song or two, but we can't tell you when, because that will depend on how they feel that day and how long they've been out the night before". Ridiculous.

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw something online not sure who wrote it, but it said that Izzy would announce his joining GNR when the dates got closer. Who knows if this is true or not?

Alan Niven said Izzy is a pet of the reunion and has been writing new music with them. He's just waiting for the dust to settle before announcing his involvement. Who knows when that comes but I myself will go out on a limb and say sometime within the next 8 weeks 

2 hours ago, Prozacship said:

Izzy has signed on for both Vegas shows and Coachella. He won't do any shows after that. His negotiations were finalized a week ago.

Do you have a source or just is this your own assumption? 

I was just talking to someone today about music and GNR came up. He said he saw them in Chicago in December of 87 when they were opening for Alice Cooper. He said he went primarily to see Guns N Roses and they had a really short setlist and were getting a lot of boos... Who knows how accurate it is but interesting none-the-less considering Alice's comments about GNR opening for him.

14 hours ago, Sprite said:

I was just talking to someone today about music and GNR came up. He said he saw them in Chicago in December of 87 when they were opening for Alice Cooper. He said he went primarily to see Guns N Roses and they had a really short setlist and were getting a lot of boos... Who knows how accurate it is but interesting none-the-less considering Alice's comments about GNR opening for him.

I bet Marc Canter would be able to shed some light here but it sort of flies in the face of pretty much everything pretty much everybody has always said about Guns N Roses back then, besides maybe supporting Iron Maiden.

Could be true for all I know, but it sounds a bit like one of those "Axl was high on heroin all night" type stories to me.

• Like 1

Could it be a play on this whole thing? just go in reverse of how history played out? Axl gets Duff and Slash back. Hoopla about WHERES IZZY then Izzy is there for a few shows in the beginning. 2017 he is a full blown member and Steven comes in for a tribute tour that started their success?

just a guess... ENJOYING THE RIDE though...

20 hours ago, Sprite said:

Hmm. Although Alice Cooper is known for talking some creative licence with his stories, I don't think that's the case here. There is a bootleg of that Chicago gig. And really, there are no boos (at least caught on the recording). They played 9 songs, which makes sense for a support act.

• Like 1

Of course Guns N' Roses would have faced heckling - or at best, antipathy - when they were a support act: this goes with the territory of being a support act. They were practically booed off stage by a hostile English crowd at the first Marquee show until they won them over in the final moments; I think they were getting spit gobbed at them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

It seems unusual to miss the two shows in Mexico in the middle of all of this?

The Mexico shows are a different promoter so nothing was said about them. I just know that he signed for both Vegas and Coachella. Izzy said after Cochella he doesn't want to deal with them anymore. Straight out of his mouth.

27 minutes ago, Prozacship said:

The Mexico shows are a different promoter so nothing was said about them. I just know that he signed for both Vegas and Coachella. Izzy said after Cochella he doesn't want to deal with them anymore. Straight out of his mouth.

Did this makes me sad. I was 11 when Izzy left originally and it really deflated me at the time. Izzy has always been my favourite. Can you give some kind of hint as to how you have this knowledge??