Myles Kennedy talks GNR, SMKC, and his solo album

On 8/11/2016 at 8:54 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I just don't get the nostalgia no new material angle.. These guys haven't played in 23 fucking years.. Can't we enjoy Axl, Slash and Duff put on amazing shows and playing classic songs that we all love and they haven't performed together in almost quarter of a century?  I would hardly call this a nostalgia tour.. I could care less about new music at this stage of the game. It is so early and the have a lot of miles to cover before the tour is over.. Let them get their feet wet again..

I personally am just going to enjoy the shows. I live for concerts. And honestly I am not super convinced how good new music will be anyway.. Bands at this stage almost never match the quality of the music of prime. I didn't like Axl's voice on CD for the most part.. Or most of the songs for that matter. So if his head is still in that mind space who knows.. Contributions by Fortus and Melissa aren't things that excite me in the least..

Either was Slash is going to record new music soon.. With or without Guns.. You can put money on that..

Right now I am just waiting for another show to come my way and wishing I was able to catch another one before the NA tour ends..

Spot on.

Curiosity definitely has my attention however, when it comes to the possibility of new music. I would love to hear some new stuff from the current lineup, but like you, it wouldn't bother me much if nothing new comes. I just wish I could afford to fly out to one of the last shows coming up!!!

My ultimate wish is for Guns to return to the states sometime after the overseas leg of the tour wraps up.  And I could really care less about hearing unheard songs on the next tour, although a fairly substantial change from the current set list would satisfy me right down the the bone. 

For me, there are so many other questions besides new music at the point. Besides a future US tour, wondering about Steven and Izzy's  possible future involvement is at the top of that list. 

I feel a slight depression these days, following the Houston show. I am just so sad that it's over. Hopefully, it's only over for now. I need at least one more LIVE GN'R fix before I die..

Edited by Tiffani

On 8/10/2016 at 11:08 AM, PsychoKiss344 said:

I've only heard people over 30 say rock is dead because they think all new bands are shit.

Im almost at that age, and there are a LOT of bands that sound shit. You really have to dig to find good stuff today. Rock on the main stage is dead, but there are bands out there worth seeing that's doing their best to carry the torch. IMO the "must see live" youngish band right now is Cage the Elephant. They have a solid discography and their energy onstage is wild.

Bottom line: the bands on the top of the music charts are shit.

EDIT: As far as Myles Kennedy goes, Ive never liked his voice but The Conspirators music is the definition of a genre not evolving. Its good for a few tunes, but its way too formulaic and repetitive.

Edited by melonhead87