Myles Kennedy talks GNR, SMKC, and his solo album

SMKC is obviously on hiatus now but even they don't know for how long, they could be back sooner or later than expected. In fact, when Myles was asked about his solo album he said:  "As far as the goal to release it, I'm gonna wait and see how long this Alter Bridge tour runs and see what happens with The Conspirators and Slash."

They have an album pretty much written and Slash loves playing and being busy. As soon as GNR decides to stop touring and take some time off, SMKC will be back, unless Myles is busy touring with Alter Bridge at that point.

Anyway, as a huge SMKC fan, I find the idea of being sad to be pretty ridiculous. Slash is back in Guns N' Roses, it doesn't get any better than that. The only bad thing about it is that SMKC guarantees new music every 2 years or so while we don't know what to expect with Guns. Hopefully they'll release something soon.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

SMKC is obviously on hiatus now but even they don't know for how long, they could be back sooner or later than expected. In fact, when Myles was asked about his solo album he said:  "As far as the goal to release it, I'm gonna wait and see how long this Alter Bridge tour runs and see what happens with The Conspirators and Slash."

They have an album pretty much written and Slash loves playing and being busy. As soon as GNR decides to stop touring and take some time off, SMKC will be back, unless Myles is busy touring with Alter Bridge at that point.

Anyway, as a huge SMKC fan, I find the idea of being sad to be pretty ridiculous. Slash is back in Guns N' Roses, it doesn't get any better than that. The only bad thing about it is that SMKC guarantees new music every 2 years or so while we don't know what to expect with Guns. Hopefully they'll release something soon.

The Conspirators are done for a good while I think. Alter Bridge is gearing up for an album release, which is followed by a tour that will surely go into next year. 

After this run of GNR shows, Axl goes to AC/DC to do the US dates. after which in the winter, GNR hits the road again and goes to south america, and australia. 

GNR will surely head to Europe next year, either at the beginning of the year, or in the summer for the Festivals. There is not alot of time in between that stuff for a Conspirators record to happen.

6 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

The Conspirators are done for a good while I think. Alter Bridge is gearing up for an album release, which is followed by a tour that will surely go into next year. 

After this run of GNR shows, Axl goes to AC/DC to do the US dates. after which in the winter, GNR hits the road again and goes to south america, and australia. 

GNR will surely head to Europe next year, either at the beginning of the year, or in the summer for the Festivals. There is not alot of time in between that stuff for a Conspirators record to happen.

Yeah, I think the sooner we should see SMKC getting together is at the second half of 2017. GNR is supposed to play Oz and Asia early next year and then Europe so the next 10-11 months are supposedly covered. And then it depends on whether GNR decides to take some time off, start touring the US again, work on an album...

This year, with the April shows already announced, SMKC (without Myles) was supposed to get together in May to work on their album and that didn't happen after all so that's how it's gonna be, it all depends on what happens with GNR.

I think Myles will have more than enough time to release "his Chinese Democracy" and do some touring with it.

I'm a big fan of SMKC and the Snakepit albums and now that Guns are back together I hope that in the down time Slash can put out another album with the Conspirators but when he tours with them next cut most of the Guns songs out and play their own stuff. There is no need to play more than one or two GnR songs in his other shows with the band back together.

I really like SMKC. IMO Slash is the one who released the best music once GN'R, well, ceased to be GN'R. The rockers were good but the ballads were really great once he got Myles. 

But yeah not sad at all it ended. Fuck, Slash is back in Guns. Let him play for GN'R, write for GN'R, record for GN'R. It is where he belongs.

With that being said, it's a shame I never got to see them. They seemed a killer band live. Almost catch them last year in Bulgaria, too bad it didn't work out.

• Like 2

Believe it or not my younger cousin and a guy at work opted out of going to see GnR a few weeks ago.  Both said the would wait for Slash and Myles to come back around.. A combination of reasons between the two of them but they both missed out. I tried to get them both to go until the end.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm a SMKC fan but I'd rather have Slash in Gn'R than them. Every day... 

Yes but let me put this to you,

- Slash in GN'R playing nostalgia tours and not releasing new material

v

- Slash in the Conspirators releasing new material.

I'd choose the second easily.

I think if we believed Guns were going to release something, we would all choose Guns.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tajandreas said:

What GNR fan doesn't like SMKC? I mean yea, Myles singing can get annoying at times but there's endless riffs/solos to learn from Slash. Consistent pure rock music to jam to, nothing better than that.

Me. I find them boring. I saw Slash with Snakepit and Velvet Revolver, which I thought were good. I kind of liked Slash's solo album with the guest singers on it, I like it better than CD anyway. Apart from a couple of SMKC songs, I don't listen to SMKC at all, I've tried, but I just find them boring. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me. I find them boring. I saw Slash with Snakepit and Velvet Revolver, which I thought were good. I kind of liked Slash's solo album with the guest singers on it, I like it better than CD anyway. Apart from a couple of SMKC songs, I don't listen to SMKC at all, I've tried, but I just find them boring. 

Rather my opinion also - I loved the solo album but did not like the two Conspirators' ones. Like I said, he needs an Izzy (or an Ian Astbury). I find Myles dull as dishwater.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guitar Stu said:

I'm a big fan of SMKC and the Snakepit albums and now that Guns are back together I hope that in the down time Slash can put out another album with the Conspirators but when he tours with them next cut most of the Guns songs out and play their own stuff. There is no need to play more than one or two GnR songs in his other shows with the band back together.

That's what I'd hope as well. The only thing I wasn't that happy about in SMKC shows was the big amount of GNR songs. Not that I don't love them but I wanted to hear their own material. They MUST keep Nightrain, though.

I really hope they'll take any opportunity GNR gives them to get back together and tour. I'd kill to see 'em playing Halo or Wicked Stone live again!

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rather my opinion also - I loved the solo album but did not like the two Conspirators' ones. Like I said, he needs an Izzy (or an Ian Astbury). I find Myles dull as dishwater.

Haha, that's kinda odd considering neither of them made it past the 1st song on Slash's solo album :P

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

That's what I'd hope as well. The only thing I wasn't that happy about in SMKC shows was the big amount of GNR songs. Not that I don't love them but I wanted to hear their own material. They MUST keep Nightrain, though.

I really hope they'll take any opportunity GNR gives them to get back together and tour. I'd kill to see 'em playing Halo or Wicked Stone live again!

Haha, that's kinda odd considering neither of them made it past the 1st song on Slash's solo album :P

Yes, and that is my favourite song on that album, 'Ghosts'.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes but let me put this to you,

- Slash in GN'R playing nostalgia tours and not releasing new material

v

- Slash in the Conspirators releasing new material.

I'd choose the second easily.

I think if we believed Guns were going to release something, we would all choose Guns.

I just don't get the nostalgia no new material angle.. These guys haven't played in 23 fucking years.. Can't we enjoy Axl, Slash and Duff put on amazing shows and playing classic songs that we all love and they haven't performed together in almost quarter of a century?  I would hardly call this a nostalgia tour.. I could care less about new music at this stage of the game. It is so early and the have a lot of miles to cover before the tour is over.. Let them get their feet wet again..

I personally am just going to enjoy the shows. I live for concerts. And honestly I am not super convinced how good new music will be anyway.. Bands at this stage almost never match the quality of the music of prime. I didn't like Axl's voice on CD for the most part.. Or most of the songs for that matter. So if his head is still in that mind space who knows.. Contributions by Fortus and Melissa aren't things that excite me in the least..

Either was Slash is going to record new music soon.. With or without Guns.. You can put money on that..

Right now I am just waiting for another show to come my way and wishing I was able to catch another one before the NA tour ends..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just don't get the nostalgia no new material angle.. These guys haven't played in 23 fucking years.. Can't we enjoy Axl, Slash and Duff put on amazing shows and playing classic songs that we all love and they haven't performed together in almost quarter of a century?  I would hardly call this a nostalgia tour.. I could care less about new music at this stage of the game. It is so early and the have a lot of miles to cover before the tour is over.. Let them get their feet wet again..

I personally am just going to enjoy the shows. I live for concerts. And honestly I am not super convinced how good new music will be anyway.. Bands at this stage almost never match the quality of the music of prime. I didn't like Axl's voice on CD for the most part.. Or most of the songs for that matter. So if his head is still in that mind space who knows.. Contributions by Fortus and Melissa aren't things that excite me in the least..

Either was Slash is going to record new music soon.. With or without Guns.. You can put money on that..

Right now I am just waiting for another show to come my way and wishing I was able to catch another one before the NA tour ends..

Well I'm not overly fond of the reunion to be honest. Old fart cash grab. It does not even have the decency to have my favourite member.

There's not much to expect from the Conspirators till late 2017 at the earliest. Alter Bridge have their album to work, I think Myles was recording a video a few days back, and Guns are going into next year. So I hope they're just on hiatus, otherwise it is disappointing. Slash has created something great with Myles & co imo, it'll be a waste not to see it through.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You're not the only one 

• Like 1