The last show

Mark1989

I've said it before - AC/DC is what truly proved to me that Axl still has it. I was concerned by the time we hit 2014. Bar the last couple of Vegas shows that year (which weren't perfect by any means but had some real highlights), it was pretty horrid. The early 2016 stuff with Guns was better, and then those first clips of him with AC/DC hit and I was floored.

The Buffalo AC/DC show was the best Axl has ever sounded live to me, and I saw Guns in the holy grail vocal years of 2006 and 2010! 

He can clearly still do it, but with Guns I think he puts more into the stage performance and eases off the vocals where he can. With AC/DC he took a step back on the stage performance and nailed every last vocal.

I think that's why these first few Guns shows on the SA leg have been rocky but he seems to be getting better again.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, James Bond said:

I've said it before - AC/DC is what truly proved to me that Axl still has it. I was concerned by the time we hit 2014. Bar the last couple of Vegas shows that year (which weren't perfect by any means but had some real highlights), it was pretty horrid. The early 2016 stuff with Guns was better, and then those first clips of him with AC/DC hit and I was floored.

The Buffalo AC/DC show was the best Axl has ever sounded live to me, and I saw Guns in the holy grail vocal years of 2006 and 2010! 

He can clearly still do it, but with Guns I think he puts more into the stage performance and eases off the vocals where he can. With AC/DC he took a step back on the stage performance and nailed every last vocal.

I think that's why these first few Guns shows on the SA leg have been rocky but he seems to be getting better again.

Do you think the future of AC/DC is uncertain like your next movie? What do you think will come out first? 

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Do you think the future of AC/DC is uncertain like your next movie? What do you think will come out first? 

I'll give Angus two years off with an album for 2018. Bond will have to wait until 2019 and 2021 for the final two Craig films. You heard it here first. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'll give Angus two years off with an album for 2018. Bond will have to wait until 2019 and 2021 for the final two Craig films. You heard it here first. ;)

Well the assumption you made is kinda obvious. I still don't get why you talk in 3rd person. 

• Like 1

In b4 someone says Axl only sounds good bc all ACDC songs are in one range suitable for him....

again 40 years of music, two lead singers, and Axl Rose sings like he wrote each song, sorry but his ACDC range is out of this world. He just loves ACDC music and showed what he was capable of. That last show was near perfection. 

my favorite from the philly show..just incredible sound here from Axl, he really nails it 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of AC/DC as a touring band. Axl seems fully committed to Guns. I just don't think Axl could physically tour with 2 huge bands again, the way it worked out with DC was the perfect window of opportunity for everyone concerned. As far as we know the NITL tour will probably run through until autumn (fall) 2017 after a rest hopefully writing & recording a new album with Guns & the inevitable world tour to promote it. I just don't see Axl have the time to record & tour again with DC. Nobody can dispute Axl did a fantastic job fronting DC but I think it'll be impossible to carry on. Also I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't think DC should be called The Angus Young Band.( Brians out, Mals out, Cliffs out) . The same as I thought Nu Guns was The Axl Rose Band. So I think the time has come for Angus to hang up the uniform & for us to say thankyou for the music & the memories AC/DC & thankyou Axl for being part of that.

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool how we went from Vegas where we were saying Axl sounds slightly better this year but still similar to last time we saw him...then we get the rehearsal clip of Thunderstruck 

and it sounded like an 88 rehearsal video...I remember people saying it wasn't him or it was old or fake. 

Then the videos kept coming and it was like holy sh*t Axl's voice is still intact. 

Then people said it wouldn't last but 20+ shows later Axl nailed it. A few voice breaks here and there but what he accomplished was amazing. 

there are songs people feel he sang better than the original, the comments at the end of the run versus what people said when he was announced are night and day...a lot of people changed their view. Great run Axl

• Like 2