GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i know this may seem a little intrusive to ask but has Axl pounded Melissa ? Think they were getting quite close in some instances no? 

Asking that question is like asking if Axl fucked any of his bandmates past and present. 

11 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Wikipedia is not allowed to be used as a source when you're writing essays in college because of that reason.

I thought that was Twitter that started the rumor that Axl was dead. His response back was funny. I think that was back in 2014.

Wikipedia can also be edited and changed by anyone. Someone probably did not look into Axl's death rumor thoroughly and decided he had indeed passed away when he really didn't.

I was look  and is in spanish language , Axl Rose died april 2012, is one many deaths Axl, yes  is correct what not be allow

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

Wikipedia can also be edited and changed by anyone. Someone probably did not look into Axl's death rumor thoroughly and decided he had indeed passed away when he really didn't.

Not really. Lately it has tried to live up to some standards and quality assurance because of that bad image it collected throughout the years, so many pages, especially those that belong to celebrities cannot be modified by anyone.

In Axl's case, his page has been heavily edited but only to favor him, so now it works more as a "promo" page than something you can consult for knowing juicy things about him.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I was look  and is in spanish language , Axl Rose died april 2012, is one many deaths Axl, yes  is correct what not be allow

Well, this is not Axl's official Wikipedia page so it is wrong. All pages that are not written in English are even more suspicious and clearly not authorized.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Not really. Lately it has tried to live up to some standards and quality assurance because of that bad image it collected throughout the years, so many pages, especially those that belong to celebrities cannot be modified by anyone.

In Axl's case, his page has been heavily edited but only to favor him, so now it works more as a "promo" page than something you can consult for knowing juicy things about him.

Well, this is not Axl's official Wikipedia page so it is wrong. All pages that are not written in English are even more suspicious and clearly not authorized.

I didn't even musicians could have official Wkipedia pages. I usually read the ones in English.

35 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I didn't even musicians could have official Wkipedia pages. I usually read the ones in English.

I'm not sure if "official" is the right word but the English version and the Spanish version are pretty different.

Also, try to click on the edit button and you'll see you cannot edit Axl's biography. It says something like "this page is protected to prevent vandalism" and by the foot of the page you can see who as the last editor, along with the last update date.

• Like 1

Yes,i stumble in casual form years ago, but equally  wikipedia have  gross wrongs in others themes, not just  of Axl

While looking for back info about St. Louis last year, I'd found these in this website's archive and then forgot about them.

It seems that Axl wanted Stephanie to join him in his "therapy":

Supermodel Stephanie Says Goodbye To Axl Rose
NAMES & FACES
November 25, 1991
Supermodel Stephanie Seymour, who dumped Warren Beatty last spring and took up with Axl Rose, has apparently axed the Guns N' Roses singer. ''Axl's on a health kick,'' notes a source. ''He's in therapy. He wants her to get healthy with him. She just wants to continue being herself.''

How To Win Her Back: Guns, Roses N' Diamonds
NAMES & FACES
December 21, 1991
Guns N' Roses lead screamer Axl Rose and model Stephanie Seymour, who shows up in the band's ''Don't Cry'' video, seem to have made up. She dumped him last month, reportedly because he was on a wholesomeness kick and insisted she take the straight road with him.
Rose appears to have won her back with a make-nice campaign and a $20,000 diamond ring. She was seen at his Manhattan Guns N' Roses concerts last week.

Remember that land Axl had bought in Wisconsin with his stepfather saying he'd want to be buried there, and then he thought of selling it? Looks like he kept it, at least till 1993.

Axl Rose Might Be Facing Foreclosure In Wisconsin
NAMES & FACES
June 11, 1993
Somebody tell Axl Rose the tax man's looking for him.
The screeching Guns N' Roses singer owes $7,095 in property taxes to Walworth County, Wis., and he stands to lose a 10-acre lot he owns in southern Wisconsin. Carol Burgess, a clerk in the county treasurer's office, said notices sent to Rose's registered address in Encino, Calif., had come back with no forwarding address.
No taxes have been paid on the property for four years, records showed. Rose has until July 15 to pay the taxes or face foreclosure.

Axl Rose Pays Wisconsin Taxes, Avoids Foreclosure On His Plane
NAMES & FACES
July 17, 1993
The heat's off Axl Rose. Such as it was. Officials in Walworth County, Wis., said last month they'd foreclose on the Guns N' Roses singer if he didn't pay $7,095 in delinquent property taxes on a lot he owns near the resort area of Geneva Lake. Rose since has paid up.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

I'm not sure if "official" is the right word but the English version and the Spanish version are pretty different.

Also, try to click on the edit button and you'll see you cannot edit Axl's biography. It says something like "this page is protected to prevent vandalism" and by the foot of the page you can see who as the last editor, along with the last update date.

It's locked and says it's semi-protected until February 15, 2018.

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Blackstar, wow! You have everything!

Axl is in New York already..looking very happy..jeje

That ugly sweater....I bet cost hundreds

Axl, we here in the Women's Discussion wish you would smile. You have one of the cutest smiles in rock music.

In regards to the sweater, it looks like moths started to eat it.

• Like 1

Wow @Blackstar great finding! :headbang:

What the hell is Names & Faces? :lol: and omg! I can't believe in the early 90s there were so many reports every time Axl and Steph had a fight :rofl-lol:... I mean, there was no fucking Internet! How did those journos do it? :question: while we've been trying to figure out what the hell is Sasha role for over 10 years, with all the technology and social media around :facepalm:

And lol, it seems Del was not the only bad citizen with tax problems back then, but of course, Axl must be a hero (to some) for not paying... :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Omg, he looks miserable! And that's the fugliest sweater ever :unsure:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What the hell is Names & Faces? :lol: and omg! I can't believe in the early 90s there were so many reports every time Axl and Steph had a fight :rofl-lol:... I mean, there was no fucking Internet! How did those journos do it? :question: while we've been trying to figure out what the hell is Sasha role for over 10 years, with all the technology and social media around :facepalm:

The gossip/"social life" section of an Orlando (Florida) newspaper, which apparently has digitized its archive (or part of it). Probably this kind of reports were first published in New York and L.A. gossip magazines/sections and then reproduced in local journos across the country... And Axl was in the spotlight back then, so the media followed everything he did.

These days I'm researching the St. Louis newspapers archives in case there's something in there we don't already know. It had a pre-show article on GnR, and, among various known events (e.g. the incident with Axl's neighbour), it mentions a fight Axl and Erin had, where Erin threw her ring off the balcony and then Axl was seen looking for it in the yard with a metal detector...

And lol, it seems Del was not the only bad citizen with tax problems back then, but of course, Axl must be a hero (to some) for not paying... :rolleyes:

Yes, Del wasn't the only negligent one :lol:

It seems Axl had forgotten he had that property :lol: He must have bought it in the late 80s, when he was trying to be "friends" with his stepfather, then he said he'd sell it, but he just left it there and in the meantime the tax notices went to his old address...

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

This Coma is worth a listen!  The vocalist and producer are terrific, but kind of shy about promoting themselves. :smiley-confused2::smiley-confused2:  I've got no connection, just supporting talented fellow forum members, and I really like this cover. ^_^ 

P.S. The instrumentalist is amazing, too.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

He was wearing that jumper when he boarded the plane from Israel and he is still wearing it! I bet we know what pair of jeans he has on even though we can't see... it'll be the light blue ripped ones. 

He only has the two pairs of jeans in the last year and a half.

What a scruff bag. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

These days I'm researching the St. Louis newspapers archives in case there's something in there we don't already know. It had a pre-show article on GnR, and, among various known events (e.g. the incident with Axl's neighbour), it mentions a fight Axl and Erin had, where Erin threw her ring off the balcony and then Axl was seen looking for it in the yard with a metal detector...

:rofl-lol:

geee... what a terrible obsessed man he was! No wonder why he ended up alone :facepalm:

Lol, ok, let us know if "new" gossip comes out. It is entertaining and hilarious! :lol:

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It seems Axl had forgotten he had that property :lol: He must have bought it in the late 80s, when he was trying to be "friends" with his stepfather, then he said he'd sell it, but he just left it there and in the meantime the tax notices went to his old address...

Yeah, lol. So much money you forget what you've got :shock:

Lol! Axl with a metal detector - there's a german word "Kopfkino" that is something like "head cinema" which is exactly what I'm having right now. Great slapstick comedy :facepalm::rofl-lol:

Anyway, found this '87 article about a Marquee gig on tumblr, don't remember if it has been shared here. I found it funny, the author didn't really like them but his descriptions are hilarious.tumblr_or873214yT1t040y2o1_540.jpg

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yankee crap :lol:

Funny how hugely popular they are here, for an American band. 

Yankee Crap that's not heavy metal enough because there "gals" in the crowd. :facepalm: 

Could you please explain to me, what does "has affected a rather award winning Neanderthal lumber" mean? I know the words but cannot get a meaning out of it...

I find it interesting that the author compares the "groupie girls" as well as the music to old things that were around in like '74, which was 13 years ago then. I remember those kind of reviews of the band from the late eighties. They said that GnR was copying Aerosmith, Stones, Led Zeppelin and some metal and just took the best hooks out of them and made a record out of it. I never found it justified though. To me they always had this groovy rock n roll backbone which probably is what those authors were refering to. I do hear the Aerosmith influence in some songs but that's not copying at all. 

--

Sorry, this here has gotten longer but I always wanted to know if any of you had the same "experience". :lol:

I remember from like 89-93 there were hardly any positive reviews in Germany magazines about GnR and their music. At least, I never read any. They were all very critical of the band, their drug abuse, Axl's behaviour and also shredded their live playing abilities. That is why I always thought - until I finally saw them live in 93 - that they were too drugged or maybe not even talented enough to play live well. I loved Appetite and Lies but wasn't sure how good they really were live. I know how weird that sounds. But authors were complaining about Axl not moving enough (during UYI that was), about him singing nasal, about the drums, about Slash not being half as talented as his reputation was like, of Slash not having a real "technique" and stuff like that. Between 88 and 91 I remember magazines (rocknroll minded and metal ones, the gossipy weren't that interested in them yet) were complaining that there was no new album, that they weren't touring (to Europe) and about them being too drugged up to be a proper band.

That probably is due to Germany not being very open minded to new stuff. It was an English TV channel that introduced me to GnR. (It was Mick Wall's Monsters of Rock that did. Gotta be grateful to the man for that. I watched it in 88 or 89 and Mick really loved them and always praised them, by the way.)

And no, I never saw any live DVDs or videos at the time. So when Youtube and the internet revealed all those UYI and later also the 80ies shows I was more in love than ever with the band and more hurt by their break up because I knew what I didn't knew at the time.

I just talked to an old friend of mine from back in the days. She was never a fan but of course knew them, their greatest hits etc. and knew I loved them. She also remembers that they never got played on German radio, except November Rain and some in 92 and 93. It was when there was no internet, no international tv (it was available but no standard and nobody really had it). She remembers the bad reviews too and also that they only got played on German / European (?) Mtv from 92 on with November Rain and all. The image she got from the band was Axl in tiny shorts being something like a ridiculous caricature of a rock 'n roll hero. There was never any real info about their roots, where they were coming from, their live show capabilities etc. And that also is the reaction of a lot of people of my age and slightly younger to GnR. So somehow their UYI success ate up all their 80ies rock 'n roll true to the bone achievements.

So, is that only my small filter bubble / circle of friends / coincidence of my life or does someone who is as old as me remember anything like that too? :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Omg, save him somebody and bring him back to Europe. This breaks my heart :cry::unsure:

I know this has been posted a couple of times but now it's kinda appropriate:

aa10f0c320bc9139a2d638a72acf73835fcd51bd_hq.jpg

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Omg, save him somebody and bring him back to Europe. This breaks my heart :cry::unsure:

He really seems not in a good mood compared to europe.  poor Axl :unsure: 

we would welcome you back in europe immediately with open arms (german phrase)

9 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

He does look a little stressed out. Maybe he is a bit concerned about the show coming up and then St Louis after :nervous:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders