'Old live patience , club performance' qestion

Hey folks, just throwing this out there, can anyone find a rare bootleg of a gnr show' club' or small venue where they played patience( slash played real bluesy ) and it was awesome , had it on cassette 20 years ago, it had a couple of other songs , but patience had a weird , authentic slash bluesy playing sound to it , definitely 87-88 time, ( searched everywhere online for it and just can't find it) thanks dudes and keep up the good work( there's a lot goin on'! U know the rest ( T.K. In Cincy)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony adler said:

Hey folks, just throwing this out there, can anyone find a rare bootleg of a gnr show' club' or small venue where they played patience( slash played real bluesy ) and it was awesome , had it on cassette 20 years ago, it had a couple of other songs , but patience had a weird , authentic slash bluesy playing sound to it , definitely 87-88 time, ( searched everywhere online for it and just can't find it) thanks dudes and keep up the good work( there's a lot goin on'! U know the rest ( T.K. In Cincy)

Probably not what you're looking for but this came to mind for me

3:25

• Like 2

That's my 2nd favorite patience live! ( I think it has what I call 'crisp magic' , only way I can describe those special live show recordings and this is one( the other being my favorite live performance of ' used to love her' , on the 'late show ' axl's voice was hungry( like when I saw him last year for the first time ever, (blew me away , and it was still 85 degrees at 10 pm) , thanks brotha ?

15 hours ago, tony adler said:

bluesy?

should be Pasadena 1987

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

bluesy?

should be Pasadena 1987

Man... I had this bootleg on cassette when I was a kid.. This show contains all of my all time favorite Axl rants and song introductions... Every one.. Axl at his finest and coolest..

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Man... I had this bootleg on cassette when I was a kid.. This show contains all of my all time favorite Axl rants and song introductions... Every one.. Axl at his finest and coolest..

EXACTLY!

and i have no idea how this show was recorded but it has a great sound!

i mean, the youtube versions are (always) kinda shitty

i also had this on cassette and i ended up buying 2 silver CDs which were called California X-mas and Happy New Year and they had a FANTASTIC SOUND!

:headbang:

Edited by ludurigan

On 5/7/2017 at 8:23 PM, tony adler said:

That's my 2nd favorite patience live! ( I think it has what I call 'crisp magic' , only way I can describe those special live show recordings and this is one( the other being my favorite live performance of ' used to love her' , on the 'late show ' axl's voice was hungry( like when I saw him last year for the first time ever, (blew me away , and it was still 85 degrees at 10 pm) , thanks brotha ?

you mean these by any chance?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ludurigan said:

EXACTLY!

and i have no idea how this show was recorded but it has a great sound!

i mean, the youtube versions are (always) kinda shitty

i also had this on cassette and i ended up buying 2 silver CDs which were called California X-mas and Happy New Year and they had a FANTASTIC SOUND!

:headbang:

interesting.. I would like the copy you have.. Mine sucked.. I found a copy online last year leading up to the reunion and that sucked too. I mean it was clear as day when Axl was talking but most of the songs sounded like inaudible mud. I used to make tapes with his song intros and put in other live versions of the songs hahah.

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

interesting.. I would like the copy you have.. Mine sucked.. I found a copy online last year leading up to the reunion and that sucked too. I mean it was clear as day when Axl was talking but most of the songs sounded like inaudible mud. I used to make tapes with his song intros and put in other live versions of the songs hahah.

This is the 3rd show yes? I have a couple of versions of this all pretty similar. The sound is good for the instruments but Axl's mic is a bit low on most songs. I think @gibbo said on an old thread the double cd Bad boys, Great Noize and Noizemakers was the best version. I think he posted it as well if you search in downloads. If not I'll post it if you want it.

Edited by aliexpress

1 hour ago, aliexpress said:

This is the 3rd show yes? I have a couple of versions of this all pretty similar. The sound is good for the instruments but Axl's mic is a bit low on most songs. I think @gibbo said on an old thread the double cd Bad boys, Great Noize and Noizemakers was the best version. I think he posted it as well if you search in downloads. If not I'll post it if you want it.

it was the last show of the pasadena shows if i am not mistaken

3rd or 4th show

yes, sound is great for the instruments and axl mic is a bit low but still sounds great

yes, these CDs also have great sound

also there is one more bootleg with this very same show with another name that also sounds great

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

maybe its just me that likes it better

YES, those intros were priceless! everytime i listen to this show (or any properly recorded GNR show 1986-1991) i wonder HOW FUCKED UP WAS the "GNR ORGANIZATION" to release that TURD live era album with stupid re-recorded vocals!

54 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

it was the last show of the pasadena shows if i am not mistaken

3rd or 4th show

yes, sound is great for the instruments and axl mic is a bit low but still sounds great

yes, these CDs also have great sound

also there is one more bootleg with this very same show with another name that also sounds great

maybe its just me that likes it better

YES, those intros were priceless! everytime i listen to this show (or any properly recorded GNR show 1986-1991) i wonder HOW FUCKED UP WAS the "GNR ORGANIZATION" to release that TURD live era album with stupid re-recorded vocals!

I checked it, it was the 4th show on the 30th. I agree, even with Axl's low vocals it's still an awesome bootleg, considering it was probably recorded on a cassette originally!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I had that on vinyl. Looked like this.

U3RDEQgm.jpg

It was called 'Halloween on the Horizon' because they mixed up the packaging. It's supposed to be the 10/31 Syracuse show. But it's not.

I always wondered about that. My tape was called Halloween On The Horizon but it wasn't really on Halloween and whenever I tried to find the bootleg online, it wasn't the show I was looking for.. 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I always wondered about that. My tape was called Halloween On The Horizon but it wasn't really on Halloween and whenever I tried to find the bootleg online, it wasn't the show I was looking for.. 

Yeah I had no idea what the deal was with that for a long time.  But  with bootlegs back then it wasn't that uncommon that what you got wasn't really what it said it was. Looking back it's kind of funny but at the time you weren't really surprised. If the thing was even listenable at all it seemed like you were doing all right, because often they would just be garbage.

There's a bit more info on that boot here http://www.spookeend.nl/gnr/halloween-on-the-horizon/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah I had no idea what the deal was with that for a long time.  But  with bootlegs back then it wasn't that uncommon that what you got wasn't really what it said it was. Looking back it's kind of funny but at the time you weren't really surprised. If the thing was even listenable at all it seemed like you were doing all right, because often they would just be garbage.

There's a bit more info on that boot here http://www.spookeend.nl/gnr/halloween-on-the-horizon/

love these boots!

10 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Times were different for sure