A bit OT: At 1212 Benefit Show kanye wearing blk leather kilt and jersey like 92 Axl'

Cockaroachsoup2011

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the Rolling Stones actually sang and wrote music and didn't have autotune and computer equalizers fixing everything for them. At least it was real music.

Lol.

"All rap albums are about fucking bitches."

"All Stones albums are about fucking bitches."

"Yeah but the Stones are REAL music."

lol

I'll just leave this here for you kid.

No computers or auto tune used.

I hope you realize that I'm a Stones fan. I just happen to appreciate all kinds of music and know there's no such thing as "real" or "fake" music.

Thank you GnR Chris!

Except the Rolling Stones actually sang and wrote music and didn't have autotune and computer equalizers fixing everything for them. At least it was real music.

Lol.

"All rap albums are about fucking bitches."

"All Stones albums are about fucking bitches."

"Yeah but the Stones are REAL music."

lol

I'll just leave this here for you kid.

No computers or auto tune used.

I hope you realize that I'm a Stones fan. I just happen to appreciate all kinds of music and know there's no such thing as "real" or "fake" music.

Oh, there is...

:rofl-lol: just kidding

Black music used to be the best music in the world...

From the beautiful, moving spirituals and the like, to the Blues and Jazz, to Rock N' Roll, to Funk,

Disco, Soul, those black girl groups in the '50s and 60s, Doo Wop....To Hip Hop.

What happened?

I mean we went from Count Basie & Duke Ellington to Muddy Waters and Robert Johnson to Chuck Berry and the Ronnettes and KC & The Sunshine Band.....

Only to arrive at Kanye West?

Edited by Vincent Vega

anyone who thinks that was bad is an old man or a metal fan

:max:

i have nothing against metal fans, you and bran are two of my favorite posters

just saying, it's usually old people and metal fans who refuse to appreciate kanye

:D

yeah i understand where you are coming from about metal fans and rap, i just never really got into the genre, i like some rap here and there i really dont have anything against kanye west from a musician standpoint, i watched his performance and i thought he did fine just didnt like the music.

Edited by bran

I liked rap when it was actually about something. Now, its basically disco. Dance music remixed with a bunch of 80's sounding effects, and some guy talking about cars, money, clothes, girls, etc... It's basically at the point in the genre where Poison, Winger, and Warrant were in high rotation if you want to compare it to the rock genre. Unfortunately, hip hop/rap has been stuck there the past 15 years, and we have nothing new to replace it with.

Black music used to be the best music in the world...

From the beautiful, moving spirituals and the like, to the Blues and Jazz, to Rock N' Roll, to Funk,

Disco, Soul, those black girl groups in the '50s and 60s, Doo Wop....To Hip Hop.

What happened?

I mean we went from Count Basie & Duke Ellington to Muddy Waters and Robert Johnson to Chuck Berry and the Ronnettes and KC & The Sunshine Band.....

Only to arrive at Kanye West?

That's like saying we went from the Stones and the Beatles only to arrive at Viva Brother. Has 'white music' gone downhill too? Or are in fact all those different genres of music you listed....completely different genres of music. I don't really see what Kanye has to do with Duke Ellington. At all.

The fact that you just lump everything made by musicians who happen to be black together as 'black music' is a bit mental.

As for the thread title, I saw someone tweet about 'Blaxl Rose' and guess this is what they were referring too but haven't seen it yet.

Kanye is one of the best live performers in the rap business.

That's not really saying much. That's basically saying he's just the shiniest turd.

:lol:

The Kanye hate is so annoying on Twitter. I get it. You like rock and you hate Kanye. You don't have to say it over and over and over.

I don't dislike Kanye because I'm a rock fan. I dislike him because he's a cunt! :lol:

You're right. Rap does suck.

'Yo, yo, oh no, here I go,

lemme go shoot sum bitch' and fuck some hos'

Just summed up pretty much every rap album ever made.

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration there but you do make a good point. :lol:

The Kanye hate is so annoying on Twitter. I get it. You like rock and you hate Kanye. You don't have to say it over and over and over.

I don't dislike Kanye because I'm a rock fan. I dislike him because he's a cunt! :lol:

You must hate yourself. embarassed.gif

Hahahaha! Oi you bugger! That's mean! :lol:

I enjoyed Eddie Vedder w/ Roger Waters best. Maybe if Los Angeles has a bad earthquake in a few years, Axl will reunite with the original line-up for a benefit concert like this. Only one show.

an earthquake, asteroid,tsunami, all hit LA at the same time still will not get the original lineup together.

Yeah, I'm out of touch. My my, you masturbate Kanye's ego more than the man himself does.

lol

rap sux right guys?

aerosmith for life!

You're right. Rap does suck.

'Yo, yo, oh no, here I go,

lemme go shoot sum bitch' and fuck some hos'

Just summed up pretty much every rap album ever made.

Educate yourself, fool.

Common-Be-album-.jpg

Common - Be