Suggestions for a Guns N' Roses tattoo?

SoNobodyToldYaBaby

That's the risk you take when getting any tattoo. By that logic, all tattoos are for fourteen year old girls.

Military tattoos and portraits of deceased loved ones truly mean something. Every one and their grandmother has a tattoo these days so yeah, tattoos are pretty much becoming a teeny fad.

That's the risk you take when getting any tattoo. By that logic, all tattoos are for fourteen year old girls.

Military tattoos and portraits of deceased loved ones truly mean something. Every one and their grandmother has a tattoo these days so yeah, tattoos are pretty much becoming a teeny fad.

Well, that is true. Justin Bieber is covered in them.

You're clearly right, a centuries old practise is clearly a teeny fad...

There are many great reasons for getting tattoos, each as individual as the person getting them. I also see nothing wrong with getting a particular for no other reason than you think it looks cool - the only person who should care, is the person getting it.

I got the Axl/Jesus tattoo as I just got a kick out of it, have been a Guns fan for over 20 years, and knew my artist would nail it.

Each to their own :-)

So many people have tattoos these days you actually are "different" if you don't have them now.

Tattoos have been around for a long time but over the past 15 years or so there has been an explosion of people, particularly women, getting them solely because some celebrity got one. It has become fashionable to do this and as we all know, fashion dies but style lasts forever. Unfortunately so do tattoos.

20 years from now there's going to be a fuckload of middle aged fat people waddling around covered in disgusting faded tattoos.

I flat out refuse to date any chick with a tattoo.

So many people have tattoos these days you actually are "different" if you don't have them now.

Tattoos have been around for a long time but over the past 15 years or so there has been an explosion of people, particularly women, getting them solely because some celebrity got one. It has become fashionable to do this and as we all know, fashion dies but style lasts forever. Unfortunately so do tattoos.

20 years from now there's going to be a fuckload of middle aged fat people waddling around covered in disgusting faded tattoos.

Pretty much this.

It's become more about fashion than actual meaning.

Like I said, a tattoo needs to be no more meaningful than its what the person wanted. Trouble, is, people watch Miami Ink and think every tattoo needs a heartfelt monologue to be valid...

Ok, so what does the Axl tat mean to you? Seriously.

When your kids or grandkids ask you about it, what's your explanation going to be?

Pretty much this.

It's become more about fashion than actual meaning.

Like I said, a tattoo needs to be no more meaningful than its what the person wanted. Trouble, is, people watch Miami Ink and think every tattoo needs a heartfelt monologue to be valid...

Ok, so what does the Axl tat mean to you? Seriously.

When your kids or grandkids ask you about it, what's your explanation going to be?

In all seriousness, I just got a kick out of the image, and have been a GNR fan for so long, knew it wasn't a whim or any kind of risk... - I have a fair few other tattoos, some have much deeper meanings, some don't.

I don't see the "what will they look like"/"what will people think" thing as any kind of issue, as when I'm old, I'll probably look like crap anyway regardless of whether I have tattoos, and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks - I have to live with them, no-one else.

Trouble, is, people watch Miami Ink and think every tattoo needs a heartfelt monologue to be valid...

haha so true! If you don't have a 10 minute story to tell with your tattoo, your tattoo is a joke lol

People get tattoos for all kinds of reasons. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else.

Edited by Jeez

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bump. Still looking for a picture of Subsy's tat.

Also, great looking tattoos to Leddy and Downzy!

I'm trying to gather ideas for my own Gn'R tattoo, whenever I decide to get it. I'd like to integrate the red-monsters from the original Appetite cover as well as the person from the Ilusion albums. I want to get some Chinese Democracy era related stuff in there too, just not sure how (inb4addingthebike). Thinking either the Red Hand or a couple of the little red men. I've got some time to think about it because I don't plan on getting that for awhile from now, but figured I'd still bump the thread. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm glad this got bumped. I would also like to get a GNR tat. I figure I'm either going subtle and doing something not immediately obvious or I'm just gonna go whole hog and get an AFD cross. I don't give a shit what other people think, I'm not getting a tat for other people's perusal. As far as the negative comment a few pages back about people having hidden tats, I don't have a choice. I have a respectable career. My tats are for me anyway, not for anyone else. I don't need to flash my ink or piercings for other people to know how "cool" I am.

• Like 1

zqzcg.jpg

Thats mine i got done in august. Pic was just after we finished

What's it say on the barrel?

That's fucking awesome by the way!

Cheers man!

it's just a serial number of the gun. it covers pretty much the whole of the top of my arm. Didnt hurt as bad as i was expecting. alright for a first tatt hey hah