Suggestions for a Guns N' Roses tattoo?

SoNobodyToldYaBaby

I have the classic GN'R logo tattooed on my chest. I've gotten a lot of shit for it, but more than thee years after I got it I'm still super happy about it and that's what matters I guess. It didn't hurt when Del James and Duff complimented it either though.

Pics?

Yeah, I remember it. It was nicely done. Although I still can't completely grasp why girls tend to have band logos tattooed across their chest. Nothing against it though.

P. S. Never get a band tattoo. :D

I have the classic GN'R logo tattooed on my chest. I've gotten a lot of shit for it, but more than thee years after I got it I'm still super happy about it and that's what matters I guess. It didn't hurt when Del James and Duff complimented it either though.

Pics?

Yeah, I remember it. It was nicely done. Although I still can't completely grasp why girls tend to have band logos tattooed across their chest. Nothing against it though.

I have never met another girl with a chest band tattoo, a chest tattoo yes but not a band related one.

I thought about the placement of mine. It was obviously too big to fit on my arm and I already got a tattoo on my stomach, I hate tramp stamps and so there was only really my back and chest left and I went with the chest.

I thought about it for six months before I finally had it done. You should always think about it for some time before getting a tattoo obviously. But I’m very happy with mine like I said. I don’t see myself ever not loving this band so why would I regret having a tattoo with them?

Pics?

I have never met another girl with a chest band tattoo, a chest tattoo yes but not a band related one.

I have. Otherwise I wouldn't have said that.

I don't think you will ever regret having this tattoo or anything. I just wanted to know why you decided to have it done there, and not anywhere else

One of the reasons why I think having a band tattoo done is not the brightest idea is that one might as well get a Coca Cola (insert any brand/product name here) one. I've been thinking about getting myself a Megadeth tattoo for quite some time now. There's a certain idea behind it and it's related to their most hated album which I happen to insanely love, so there shouldn't be many folks sporting similar tattoos, if any (which doesn't really matter). But every time I'm ready to grab my cash and go to a tattoo artist, this very reasoning stops me from doing it.

Anyways, people have their own reasons and they are free to do whatever the hell they want to their bodies, so when it comes to tattoos opinions shouldn't really matter to anyone.

• 9 months later...

yeah whatever you do don't get the appetite cross, it would be infinitely cooler if you had something from the banned artwork done. I'm considering getting the red monster guy who's jumping over the fence at some point

whats wrong with the cross as a tattoo? iv got it on my leg and its as good as any tattoo, each to their own

The 2006 line-up!

guns-girls-with-nature-full-hd-p-i-n-ros

Honest to god, I can name only Axl in that logo.

I think it's:

Axl

Pitman Tommy Brain Dizzy

Fortus Finck BBF

I have the Appetite monster (not finished)

mr70b5.jpg

And the Red Hand (and Axl's signature) from Chinese

t8xcav.jpg

They look great, especially the Red Hand. When did you get those done?

Alright call me weird oR whatever and tell me about its your body n everything but I do not get the whole getting a tattoo of a band you like like that's pernament dude. I can see gettin a tattoo of a the bad your in but def not cuz you just really like them n all. Sorry I just don't think its a wise choice choose something that really means something or can symbolize your life ya know?

Alright call me weird oR whatever and tell me about its your body n everything but I do not get the whole getting a tattoo of a band you like like that's pernament dude. I can see gettin a tattoo of a the bad your in but def not cuz you just really like them n all. Sorry I just don't think its a wise choice choose something that really means something or can symbolize your life ya know?

Could your favorite band not "really mean something" to you, or symbolize your life if their a huge part of it?

Red Hand was around November I believe and started the monster around December sometime.

Those are fantastic! Nice choice on both and very well done. Any more planned?

If I were going to get one (mind you I have no tattoos but have always been intrigued about getting one) I would consider the classic guns n' roses logo, without the bullet background or name.

Red Hand was around November I believe and started the monster around December sometime.

If I were going to get one (mind you I have no tattoos but have always been intrigued about getting one) I would consider the classic guns n' roses logo, without the bullet background or name.

After the monster is finished I'll be doing a Use Your Illusion tattoo with the writer and the colors from both albums. I'll then do the background for both the Red Hand and Monster and everything will blend together. After all that, I'm going to have a custom drawing of two revolvers and roses starting at my wrist and going up my arm, leading into the other half sleeve, eventually resulting in a full Gn'R sleeve :)

• Like 1

yeah whatever you do don't get the appetite cross, it would be infinitely cooler if you had something from the banned artwork done. I'm considering getting the red monster guy who's jumping over the fence at some point

whats wrong with the cross as a tattoo? iv got it on my leg and its as good as any tattoo, each to their own

I've just seen a million GNR fans post pictures of that tattoo, usually on their forearm in the exact same place Axl has his. It's fucking weird.

The banned Appetite cover looks like shit. It being the original doesn't make it beautiful. It looks like shit.

:monkey:

Yeah I'm not really into getting the exact same tat someone else has, especially a famous person.

When I was younger, when I got really smashed I would contemplate getting those two pieces Ozzy has under his collarbones- really glad I didn't.

My suggestion: don't get one.

Edited by DR DOOM

Yeah I'm not really into getting the exact same tat someone else has, especially a famous person.

When I was younger, when I got really smashed I would contemplate getting those two pieces Ozzy has under his collarbones- really glad I didn't.

My suggestion: don't get one.

I'll be honest in saying that I plan on getting the dragon :lol:

I'm against completely copying tattoos, but that's one I'm making an exception for. I've always loved it.

• Like 1

What if Axl or somebody else from gnr is revealed to be a nonce and you are left with a big tattoo representing, paedophilia?

There are a lot of "What if?" scenarios in life. What if Bryan Cranston turns out to be one? Are you going to shit on anyone who watched Breaking Bad?

Also, the tattoo itself wouldn't represent such a thing. You got the tattoo to show your love for the band and it's music, not anything else.

Besides, that argument is so overdone.

What if Axl or somebody else from gnr is revealed to be a nonce and you are left with a big tattoo representing, paedophilia?

There are a lot of "What if?" scenarios in life. What if Bryan Cranston turns out to be one? Are you going to shit on anyone who watched Breaking Bad?

Also, the tattoo itself wouldn't represent such a thing. You got the tattoo to show your love for the band and it's music, not anything else.

Besides, that argument is so overdone.

There are a lot - well, not a lot but a few as he had a passionate cult following at one time - people who conceal Gary Glitter tattoos. Besides, I was joking - jesus christ, yanks.

After the monster is finished I'll be doing a Use Your Illusion tattoo with the writer and the colors from both albums. I'll then do the background for both the Red Hand and Monster and everything will blend together. After all that, I'm going to have a custom drawing of two revolvers and roses starting at my wrist and going up my arm, leading into the other half sleeve, eventually resulting in a full Gn'R sleeve :)

Cool tats bro.