May 29th, 2013 - Dallas, TX

Un42nutzly

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this show Frank has played more live shows with GN'R than Izzy ever did. Frank is now the band member with the 10th most live shows.

What's the ranking? I'm guessing Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Pitman, Duff, Slash, Finck, Sorum, Brain, Frank?

1 Axl Rose 734

2 Dizzy Reed 514

3 Duff McKagan 413

4 Slash 411

5 Tommy Stinson 318

6 Chris Pitman 318

7 Richard Fortus 315

8 Bumblefoot 292

9 Frank Ferrer 275

10 Izzy Stradlin 273

Does Izzy/Duff sitting in with the band go towards their respective tallies?

What a shitty reviewr. Writing style is boring as hell.

GNR probably got their best reviews in '11-'12, however, so maybe getting shitty reviews is a great sign.

They do seem to get worse reviews in the US than elsewhere.

Touche, Soulmonster.

With this show Frank has played more live shows with GN'R than Izzy ever did. Frank is now the band member with the 10th most live shows.

What's the ranking? I'm guessing Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Pitman, Duff, Slash, Finck, Sorum, Brain, Frank?

1 Axl Rose 734

2 Dizzy Reed 514

3 Duff McKagan 413

4 Slash 411

5 Tommy Stinson 318

6 Chris Pitman 318

7 Richard Fortus 315

8 Bumblefoot 292

9 Frank Ferrer 275

10 Izzy Stradlin 273

I have decided to not count such appearances unless they have played whole shows.

What a shitty reviewr. Writing style is boring as hell.

GNR probably got their best reviews in '11-'12, however, so maybe getting shitty reviews is a great sign.

When GNR played Dallas in 2011 no one bothered to review that show.

I disagree with what this Thor guy wrote. I was at the show and I thought this was the best Axl's ever sounded in the 3 shows I've seen GNR. Axl was happy on stage engaging with the band and the band with him. The band was on point at all times. I love DJ's solo the best because I love that song. I thought Bumblefoot singing was cool and Richard is amazing too the way he attacks his guitar. This is a solid band.

As for Axl going off stage, the writer/critic did notice Axl's changing his shirt, hat and jacket, so there you go. Also I'm sure the band was giving Axl a rest, which many bands do for their singers. I'm sick of people critizing Axl's weight. Everyone gets older and some people gain weight. It's a fact of life, so get over it.

As for Axl needing Slash I disagree since they're both been apart for many years now and either of them has suffered much. First the critic talks about the amazing 3 guitar players and then says Axl can't do without Slash? WTF?

I was at this Dallas show and from what I saw, I'd say the fans loved it and it wasn't just because Axl was there. The band got their due too from the fans. I enjoyed this show very much as did my son and daughter.

I think the bottom line is if your fans support you and come out to see you play each and every time you come to their city, that's all any musician or performer can ask for.

I'd say Axl did his job and then some as did GNR. The sooner some people accept this band, the better you will feel. If you don't like it, then don't see them.

No one is saying the original members had a magic back in the 80's and early 90's, but it's over and I don't see anyone suffering for it. Slash's career is on top, and I feel Axl is too.

As for Robert Plant without Jimmy Page, Robert Plant's solo career has lasted longer than his years in Led Zeppelin. No doubt in my mind this band was and always will be one of the greatest rock bands of all times, but things end and people move on with what they feel is best for them.

Because we want something doesn't mean it's going to happen.

I would rather have Axl happy on stage with a new GNR then miserable with the original members anyday. As for Axl hugging Slash at the last GNR show, hey emotions take over sometimes and for a minute or two you forget about your anger and go with it, but deep down we all know how Axl feels about Slash. He's never hid it, so why would anyone want them to get back together?

1 Axl Rose 734

2 Dizzy Reed 514

3 Duff McKagan 413

4 Slash 411

5 Tommy Stinson 318

6 Chris Pitman 318

7 Richard Fortus 315

8 Bumblefoot 292

9 Frank Ferrer 275

10 Izzy Stradlin 273

I have decided to not count such appearances unless they have played whole shows.
Izzy played like 90% of that one show..

1 Axl Rose 734

2 Dizzy Reed 514

3 Duff McKagan 413

4 Slash 411

5 Tommy Stinson 318

6 Chris Pitman 318

7 Richard Fortus 315

8 Bumblefoot 292

9 Frank Ferrer 275

10 Izzy Stradlin 273

Yes.

1 Axl Rose 734

2 Dizzy Reed 514

3 Duff McKagan 413

4 Slash 411

5 Tommy Stinson 318

6 Chris Pitman 318

7 Richard Fortus 315

8 Bumblefoot 292

9 Frank Ferrer 275

10 Izzy Stradlin 273

Yes.
The wedding.