May 29th, 2013 - Dallas, TX

Un42nutzly

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a funny note I saw rose tattoo last night and for nice boys angry says 'this is a guns n roses song...axl dont play rock n roll'

lolwut

Can you tell us more about it?

well he just mentioned touring with them and how great the ozzie crowds were and then said what the quote was before.people booed when he mentioned gunners too lol angrys voice was too form and full of rasp... wish axls voice was to haha

Does DJ wear a GNR shirt to convince himself he's in the band or is it for publicity photos.

Damn Youtube for making Axl sound bad. But seriously he ain't that bad live, if you're wrapped up in the moment or kinda drunk.

Both Axl and Slash used to wear GNR shirts all the time.

There's a slight difference between Axl n' Slash doing it.. And DJ doing it. He's the guy that drew a cartoon version of the band with himself in it when they didn't have a group photo.

Does DJ wear a GNR shirt to convince himself he's in the band or is it for publicity photos.

Damn Youtube for making Axl sound bad. But seriously he ain't that bad live, if you're wrapped up in the moment or kinda drunk.

There's a slight difference between Axl n' Slash doing it.. And DJ doing it. He's the guy that drew a cartoon version of the band with himself in it when they didn't have a group photo.

It's DJs fault that an official photo wasn't released?

It's DJs fault that an official photo wasn't released?

It's all DJ's fault. YES

Review:

Axl Rose is the sole original member of Guns N’ Roses and the sole reason 1,500 fans sardined themselves into the House of Blues on Wednesday night. But the strange thing is how well the show worked in spite of him.

The mercurial Rose actually showed up on time – or as close to it as he gets -- taking the stage at 10:20 p.m. for a 10 p.m. show, after a surprise set by the Dallas band Secret of Boris. It was hard to tell what mood he was in. Barely recognizable behind sunglasses and a series of wide-brimmed hats, Rose said little to the crowd and inexplicably kept vanishing backstage for long stretches while his 7-man band carried the 2-and-1/2 hour show.

At 51, Rose is no longer the sprinting dervish he was in GNR’s stadium days. The spandex shorts are gone, replaced by a shapeless T-shirt and a leather jacket that hid his torso. Yet he showed flashes of the old charisma whenever he sashayed across stage, leaped on to a stage riser, or did his patented mike-stand spin dance.

His singing was even more hit-and-miss. Rose has always had one of rock’s most distinctly odd voices – a shaky whine that’s part Willie Nelson, part Katherine Hepburn. But on Wednesday, his voice often sounded tepid as he strained to hit banshee notes that were clearly out of his reach. Like Robert Plant before him, Rose might be better off adapting his style to fit the limits of his larynx.

As the show wore on, his voice warmed up and occasionally took flight, especially in a marathon version of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door.” But the concert mostly revolved around the energetic, air-tight band anchored by ex-Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson and keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who’ve both managed to stay in GNR since the ‘90s. Three guitarists – Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and DJ Ashba, wearing a vaguely Slash-like top hat – took turns nailing the solos in hits like “Welcome to the Jungle” and “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and a grab bag of covers (“Another Brick in the Wall Part 2,” “Live and Let Die,” The Who’s “The Seeker.”)

But as good as they were, they were no Slash, who left the band acrimoniously in 1996. Maybe Billy Corgan can pull off a Smashing Pumpkins show with no other original members, as he did a few weeks ago at the Palladium. But Axl without Slash is more like Plant without Jimmy Page: He can sing the classics as long as he wants, but they’ll never have the same magic without the original guitar hero by his side.

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/music/headlines/20130530-axl-rose-shows-up-on-time-but-his-voice-lags-behind-at-guns-n-roses-dallas-concert.ece

Another review.....BUT, I see the facts in this review to be spot on (even though I wasn't there, it pretty well explains the shows I have been to).

Love those who think the reviews are way off. The reporter may not know a whole lot about GNR (or he may), but he makes it hard to agrue with him.

Another review.....BUT, I see the facts in this review to be spot on (even though I wasn't there, it pretty well explains the shows I have been to).

Love those who think the reviews are way off. The reporter may not know a whole lot about GNR (or he may), but he makes it hard to agrue with him.

This is funny. You see the facts in his review of this specific show to be spot on.....even though you weren't there :rofl-lol:

Ali