May 29th, 2013 - Dallas, TX

Un42nutzly

I thought it was a good show.

Pretty special to see them in such a small venue.

Axl appeared to be in good spirits.

One thing I found a bit odd was the amount of times Axl runs to the side of the stage

and goes thru a curtain to a back stage area.....I've been to over 175 concerts in my life

and have never seen that happen so many times. Sometimes Axl would leave and go

thru the curtain multiple times during one song like during guitar parts. Of course all singers will step

aside a few times during a show to maybe wipe off with a towel, but it seemed like Axl was doing this constantly.

It's no big deal....just an oddity. For those of you that attend a lot of G-n-R shows is this something

he normally does?

Basically, if there's at least 20 seconds where he isn't singing, he's gonna run off stage :lol: I thought it was funny on Kimmel when he said something like "I feel like an idiot just standing there"

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I was there with my kids and from the first note of Chinese Democracy to the last of Paradise City, Axl's voice was right on.

I don't know what's he's been doing, but he sounded amazing. He hit the high notes and everything in between.

This is the third time we've seen them and I honestly feel this was the best GNR show I've seen of all of them.

Axl looked happy and healthy. He sounded amazing. The show was pretty much sold out. I was in the balcony and almost every sit was filled. My son was in the pit and it was packed too. Everyone was screaming when the band came out. Axl was having fun with the band. The band was amazing. Every solo was so good. Bumblefoot even sang with his guitar solo. DJ is just fucking amazing. The crowd was going crazy. Axl didn't talk much, but his singing was it! Everyone was on their feet. They even applauded This I love, Better, CD and Catcher in the Rye. I think Axl is finally making his fans realize how good this cd is. My son wasn't a fan in the beginning, but he loves the songs now.

GNR did "Used to love her", the crowd including me went nuts! Never heard that song live! It was great. Axl was making all these murder signs with his hands, like cutting his throat and hanging! It was funny.

Considering just around 7 last night Dallas had one major rain storm, it didn't stop people from coming out. I love the HOB. The sound is great and you can see the stage from every angle. We were sitting on the left side of the balcony, but we could see everything. It was just a great night.

I'm so glad we saw GNR again. Third times the charm as they say and I would consider one of the best shows I've seen.

I don't know how good these videos sound, but Axl was fucking awesome and he knew it!

If anyone was bored by this show, then that's your problem, but from the look and sound of the fans, I doubt many were bored. Everyone was standing up and screaming and singing every note along with Axl. The band interacted with one another and Axl too. Bumblefoot's wife was there taking pictures of the band and Axl was doing all kinds of funny stuff like making like he was kicking her camera to putting the mic in her face!

Seems to me and the rest of the crowd that Axl and the band were feeling us and we were feeling them. bottom line is that's all that matters! :)

One thing I found a bit odd was the amount of times Axl runs to the side of the stage

and goes thru a curtain to a back stage area.....I've been to over 175 concerts in my life

thru the curtain multiple times during one song like during guitar parts. Of course all singers will step

aside a few times during a show to maybe wipe off with a towel, but it seemed like Axl was doing this constantly.

It's no big deal....just an oddity. For those of you that attend a lot of G-n-R shows is this something

he normally does?

Basically, if there's at least 20 seconds where he isn't singing, he's gonna run off stage :lol: I thought it was funny on Kimmel when he said something like "I feel like an idiot just standing there"

Yeah, but I think the first time I saw Axl and GNR back in 2011 Axl ran backstage more. This time he seemed to go to the side and dance a lot. I thought it was cool and he seemed to be having a blast! The band were doing funny stuff with each other and with Axl too. I just thought this show was the best. Axl did so many shirt and jacket changes he can give Lady gaga a run for her money. lol

he normally does?

I think he did it more in 2011, but Klaus Meine the singer to the Scorpions had a tent next to the drummer and he would go back there from time to time too. Not sure what they do there. I know most times when Axl came back out, he had a different hat, shirt and jacket on. Some of those jackets were awesome. My son said the green one was leather. He's becoming a fashionneesta! lol

Best show ever performance wise!

Whaddya mean by 'performance wise'?
The whole band was really on it. The energy was sick (no matter what the cupcakes watching pixels think) Axl was laughing and having fun, making jokes, and dancing like crazy. (could barely ever get a photo that wasn't blurry) on all accounts it wasnt the best show I've seen, but from performance perspective I thought it was real tight. The whole crowd was roaring the whole time and i met a guy who didn't really pay attention to new Guns and he said it was absolutely electrifying. He surprised me by saying that these "new guitar players can play Slash and Izzy material perfect, and the energy they bring is awesome" didn't see a frown in the crowd.

Dude! I agree with you 100%. The fans in the balcony were going crazy. There was a guy in the first row that was leaning over the railing. I was afraid he was going to fall over he was so damn excited. It was a magically night for all.

Did they play Street of Dreams? The GNR Twitter has a picture with the hashtag GNRDallas and it shows Axl infront of a piano and says "Street of Dreams." So I'm a bit confused.

No, which I totally love that song. They played it in Dallas 2011 and Vegas, but GNR did perform Used to love her. Never saw that one live. It was so funny with Axl making all kinds of gestures with his hands like cutting your throat or hanging you.

Im telling you it was fantastic!

It sure was! This was one of the best shows I've ever been too and the best GNR show and I loved them in 2011 and in Vegas last year, but Axl topped himself last night for sure!

Hey! is that..is that!....RASP!? God I love Axl. He sounded good in the beginning. Fingers crossed. RQ and YCBM is always a gold standard, though, and he didnt really nail it. Lets see if he can do it next time. He has the endurance and focus though, which is half the equation.

Edited by Eu4ic

Video clips from the show...not entire songs.

That was surprisingly pretty damn good. Usually I can't be bothered with these nugnr-live clips but this one I watched all the way through. I'd enjoy attending to that kind of show.

Axl sounds good.

He's definitely still entirely capable of putting on an awesome show. I really enjoyed a lot of that to be honest, You Could Be Mine and Used To Love Her were definitely weaker than they could have been but Axl seems to be improving, hope he gets well into the groove of things as the shows progress.

Video clips from the show...not entire songs.

That was surprisingly pretty damn good. Usually I can't be bothered with these nugnr-live clips but this one I watched all the way through. I'd enjoy attending to that kind of show.

Axl sounds good.

He's definitely still entirely capable of putting on an awesome show. I really enjoyed a lot of that to be honest, You Could Be Mine and Used To Love Her were definitely weaker than they could have been but Axl seems to be improving, hope he gets well into the groove of things as the shows progress.

Absolutely fantastic, he looks good but most of all he looks happy.

I can have my opinion, i was at the show, y'all weren't so stop bein little punks :rofl-lol:

You tell 'em luv.

Glad you enjoyed it seeing as you paid for the ticket, travelled in what I believe wasn't great weather to and from the show & had a blast.

That is all that matters. :P

he normally does?

It's his helium tent :D

Does DJ wear a GNR shirt to convince himself he's in the band or is it for publicity photos.

Damn Youtube for making Axl sound bad. But seriously he ain't that bad live, if you're wrapped up in the moment or kinda drunk.

Edited by jimb0

Does DJ wear a GNR shirt to convince himself he's in the band or is it for publicity photos.

Damn Youtube for making Axl sound bad. But seriously he ain't that bad live, if you're wrapped up in the moment or kinda drunk.

:thumbsup: thanks for your opinion!

Both Axl and Slash used to wear GNR shirts all the time.