Why Axl doesn't want to do a reunion?

A reunion would be a load of shit anyway, they ain't those people anymore and they ain't in that place and they haven't evolved together as a unit and their interests musically appear to be nothing alike, it would be awful, pointless, fruitless and slightly sad. Chemistry doesn't last forever, it requires nuturing, you gotta grow together as a unit so you're in tune with each other as musicians, a reunion would be a massive digression for all parties in every sense. Whatever was good about them as a unit they well and truly shagged it about 20 odd years ago.

It's one thing to read that, but another to see something like Heart's or Alice Cooper's 70s lineup play together for the first time in decades and nail it in a way that the current lineups can't match. It varies from reunion to reunion, but some bands can get together after an eternity, and still kill it in concert.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

A reunion would be a load of shit anyway, they ain't those people anymore and they ain't in that place and they haven't evolved together as a unit and their interests musically appear to be nothing alike, it would be awful, pointless, fruitless and slightly sad. Chemistry doesn't last forever, it requires nuturing, you gotta grow together as a unit so you're in tune with each other as musicians, a reunion would be a massive digression for all parties in every sense. Whatever was good about them as a unit they well and truly shagged it about 20 odd years ago.

Thats not true. Because we know for a fact all of the original members can still play and still play very very well. They might not have the chemistry, but its not like the music wouldn't sound good. It may sound forced, but it will sound pretty much like what we remember because all of those original guys are playing better and more professionally than ever now. Yeah, they probably wouldn't be hugging, but if they were onstage, with the exception of Axl, it would sound GOOD.

You're kinda agreeing with me and disagreeing too, when the benchmark is as high as Gunses was people ain't gonna except 'good', they'll want THAT THING and/or better. Neither of us can say if its true or not, just my opinion, might be wrong I guess.

It's one thing to read that, but another to see something like Heart's or Alice Cooper's 70s lineup play together for the first time in decades and nail it in a way that the current lineups can't match. It varies from reunion to reunion, but some bands can get together after an eternity, and still kill it in concert.

True...i mean it's not impossible but its fucking rare you gotta admit, i'm not a huge heart fan or Alice Cooper fan (although i do like Alice a lot but not enough to be equipped to compare the solidity or musical synergy of different line ups) but you gotta admit these instances are few and far between. Especially a band like Guns that, when you watch them play you'll notice they kinda suffered from lay offs. I mean all bands do but some in a lot more pronounced way. Personally, i don't think the potential of it is enough to warrant attempting it, they're never gonna exceed what they did so all they can really do is fuck up. And Axl seems less and less interested in the sort of sound early Guns used to make anyway.
The new band however have a degree of musical potential if they were gonna get their shit together. I mean it's still a 'can they?' thing isn't it, it's still there to be made (or fucked up :lol:), it's a question mark, whereas old Guns is like a done deal, they could and they did (with style) but they appear something of a musical dead end now in 2014 whereas NuGuns could do something fresh and exciting and forge forward. Yeah, could, i know :lol:
Edited by sugaraylen

avoiding their existence.

Well it's hard to avoid M. Media (I won't mention any names)

Way to avoid the question as much as you avoid them.

Don't waste your energy.

These guys hate Slash as much as Axl does. It's weird. As Slash has never done anything personally to them, but for some reason they feel they must carry on the Slash is a Cancer to the world thing, just because their idol Axl doesn't like him. If Axl said he was becoming a vegetarian, there are people on this forum who would immediately start ranting on how terrible meat was and how they've always hated it.

They hate the fact that Slash has been more successful than Axl post-GnR classic line-up. In some of the weirdest logic you'll ever see, these guys praise Axl for NOT putting out music and for NOT communicating with his fans or being media friendly.......while bashing Slash for putting out albums for his fans to enjoy, and for communicating with his fans. I know, that is some of the strangest logic I've ever seen from a music fan, but these guys are controlled by what Axl Rose says and does. Who knew Axl Rose fans had so much in common with Justin Bieber fans.

Think about that. Putting out albums, communicating with fans - BAD. Putting out albums every 20 years, not communicating with fans - GOOD. Because that shows you aren't playing the game, you aren't letting The Man dictate to you what to do, you are trolling your fans, you are a truck rock star, etc. Meaning Axl scores the big "win"........while his millions of fans get no music from their favorite singer. Yes - that is totally rawk-n-roll!

One of these guys actually made a post that said he hoped Axl never releases another album just so he (the poster) can watch people whine and cry about it. Think about that. Watching a couple random strangers complain about a lack of music means MORE to him than actually getting music from Axl.

Yes. This board has some of the strangest fans I've ever seen of a band.

• Like 1

avoiding their existence.

Well it's hard to avoid M. Media (I won't mention any names)

DJ Ashba would be a part of the reunion?

Considering that he wrote the Sweet Child riff, Darren has to lead a reunion.

Great point, the original Alice Cooper Band (huge fan) hadn't played together for what, 30 years?

That's longer than GNR has even existed.

Slash, Duff and Matt play together all the time, Axl is still singing the same songs from back then every show and it's not like Steven Adler is unfamiliar with the back catalogue or a drum kit.