Why Axl doesn't want to do a reunion?

If you would have asked me a year ago if I had any interest whatsoever in a reunion of the classic lineup, I would have said not in the least. But after waking up and seeing the true reality of this current farce of a band, I'm not afraid to admit that this would be the most ideal and lucrative option at this point. There's just no chemistry at all between Axl and the current guys, nor is it the least bit surprising that he's opting to tour where he plans to again in 2014. It really can't get much more pathetic than it is at the moment.

And I'm beyond pissed that Ron continues supporting these repetitive tribute tours as opposed to breaking free and trying to make his own artistic mark. You lost a one time big supporter, Ron.

Edited by The GIow Inc.
  • Like 1

100% of fans want a reunion. If you don't, you're not a fan of Guns N Roses.

fuck off, i'm a fan of Guns N' Roses, and I hope there is never a reunion of the dead lineup that had Smash in it. Stop trying to speak for the entire GN'R fanbase. Just for saying that, I hope the next album you buy is a misprint and instead of the right music, it's just isolated vocal tracks from Myles Kennedy's Apocalyptic Love sessions, and it gets stuck in your CD player and that's all you ever have to listen to again. :fuckyou:

You're part of the 0,0001% of the fans who don't want a reunion. no need to tell nathan to "fuck off", this is not the attitude section.

He's trying to speak for the entirety of a fanbase. He can fuck off. And I'm not just speaking for new band fans here. What if someone doesn't want a reunion because Axl is absolutely awful now and it'd be an embarrassing performance? Are they not a GNR fan then?

It's just weird to think that a fan wouldn't feel good to see the 5 guys together again, in good terms and having fun on stage or in a studio. It's neveer gonna happen though.

fuck off, i'm a fan of Guns N' Roses, and I hope there is never a reunion of the dead lineup that had Smash in it. Stop trying to speak for the entire GN'R fanbase. Just for saying that, I hope the next album you buy is a misprint and instead of the right music, it's just isolated vocal tracks from Myles Kennedy's Apocalyptic Love sessions, and it gets stuck in your CD player and that's all you ever have to listen to again. :fuckyou:
You're part of the 0,0001% of the fans who don't want a reunion. no need to tell nathan to "fuck off", this is not the attitude section.
He's trying to speak for the entirety of a fanbase. He can fuck off. And I'm not just speaking for new band fans here. What if someone doesn't want a reunion because Axl is absolutely awful now and it'd be an embarrassing performance? Are they not a GNR fan then?
Anyone thinking that Axl wouldn't do his absolute best to outdo Slash might still be a fan, but they aren't a very educated fan. :shrugs:

Anyone thinking that Axl wouldn't do his absolute best to outdo Slash might still be a fan, but they aren't a very educated fan. :shrugs:

Yeah, but we all know Axl would never agree to get on a stage with Slash in the first place, so there'd never be a situation in which this occurred.

Besides, what does Axl's "best" sound like these days?

Yeah, but we all know Axl would never agree to get on a stage with Slash in the first place, so there'd never be a situation in which this occurred.

Besides, what does Axl's "best" sound like these days?

YouTube almost every performance of Your Crazy from the never ending tour. That's what Axl's best sounds like these days. More than enough to keep up with Slash if he keeps it up throughout the whole show. :shrugs:

Forget the whole show, when was the last time Axl gave his best for 2 consecutive songs?

Honest answer:

The last time I saw it was Detroit, UCaP 2012. Dude was on fire the whole night. Best single performance I saw from him online or in person since Hammerstein 2006.

• Like 2

Forget the whole show, when was the last time Axl gave his best for 2 consecutive songs?

What does that matter?

I don't understand the question.
I'm saying that he could perform greatly for a whole show if he got off his lazy ass and put some effort into it, and that he would get off his lazy ass and put some effort into it if Slash was involved, so I'm asking how it matters when the last time he got off his lazy ass and put some effort into it was?

What does that matter?
I'm saying that he could perform greatly for a whole show if he got off his lazy ass and put some effort into it, and that he would get off his lazy ass and put some effort into it if Slash was involved, so I'm asking how it matters when the last time he got off his lazy ass and put some effort into it was?

Gotcha. I think I was leaning toward questioning whether he's even capable of stringing together a couple decent songs anymore. I'm not sure. I was drunk as fuck posting in the wee hours. :lol:

You're probably right, though. Axl wouldn't want to embarrass himself on stage with Slash most likely. I doubt we'll ever know for sure, though.

• Like 1

What does that matter?

Gotcha. I think I was leaning toward questioning whether he's even capable of stringing together a couple decent songs anymore. I'm not sure. I was drunk as fuck posting in the wee hours. :lol:

You're probably right, though. Axl wouldn't want to embarrass himself on stage with Slash most likely. I doubt we'll ever know for sure, though.

True, it's nothing but a theoretical pipe dream. :shrugs:

Addiction comes in many forms. Power and control are as addictive as any drug. So who is the real junkie in this equation?

You must have missed Celebrity Rehab, Slash's book, and Duff's book. While Axl continues to be an artist of the truest form, those sell-outs make you pay to hear stories about the old days back when they were in a cool rock n roll band. Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?

So Led Zep, Bob Dylan, Allman Brothers, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney, AC/DC, Anthony Keidis, Henry Rollins, Johnny Rotten, David Lee Roth, Chuck Berry, David Bowie are all "sellouts who make you pay to hear stories"............because all those guys have released books about their careers.
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but to my knowledge nobody in Zeppelin has done a book. Many people have wrote about them, but I don't think Plant, Page, or Jones has a book. I'm pretty sure I would have read it.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Page_by_Jimmy_Page

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/robert-plant-biography/

And then sort of:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-light-and-shade-book/

Well no wonder I hadn't heard of them, Plant's isn't out yet and Page's is extremely rare. I'm not suprised Page made his hard to find, nly 2,500 copies were even printed.

Thanks for the info

I believe that time heals all wounds. It's true, imo. But Axl is not your normal guy - he is stubborn. I don't think it's about money at all, maybe pride? I can't recall any really serious badmouthing against Axl from the guys, it must've been behind the scenes? Either way, no one is hurting exactly (except maybe fans) without a reunion.

Because he doesn't want to...get over it.

Get over it? You act like the person cries everyday cause his favorite singer won't reunite with the original band. I think he's just curious. Why do you get so annoyed when people mention a reunion? 90% of the fans want a reunion, get over it.

You guys always cry over it. It's not 1987 anymore. Get over it.

The current GNR lineup is the most stable and professional line up in GNR history..why anyone would complain about that is mind boggling.

Roflmao.

Stable is most def. an accurate word here. Stable in same fashion an embalmed corpse is stable.

Its probably been said (hell I might have said it earlier in the thread and I just forgot!) but Axl doesn't want a reunion because he will come out looking the worst from it. It will only result in more bad press for him and 1. be seen as a total failure that he couldn't start something new after the old guys left, and 2. be seen as laughable how bad his voice and stage presence now is.

That is all. There are no other reasons. I mean he also doesn't like them, but if he was still at the top of his game that wouldn't matter.

Guest Len B'stard

A reunion would be a load of shit anyway, they ain't those people anymore and they ain't in that place and they haven't evolved together as a unit and their interests musically appear to be nothing alike, it would be awful, pointless, fruitless and slightly sad. Chemistry doesn't last forever, it requires nuturing, you gotta grow together as a unit so you're in tune with each other as musicians, a reunion would be a massive digression for all parties in every sense. Whatever was good about them as a unit they well and truly shagged it about 20 odd years ago.

A reunion would be a load of shit anyway, they ain't those people anymore and they ain't in that place and they haven't evolved together as a unit and their interests musically appear to be nothing alike, it would be awful, pointless, fruitless and slightly sad. Chemistry doesn't last forever, it requires nuturing, you gotta grow together as a unit so you're in tune with each other as musicians, a reunion would be a massive digression for all parties in every sense. Whatever was good about them as a unit they well and truly shagged it about 20 odd years ago.

Thats not true. Because we know for a fact all of the original members can still play and still play very very well. They might not have the chemistry, but its not like the music wouldn't sound good. It may sound forced, but it will sound pretty much like what we remember because all of those original guys are playing better and more professionally than ever now. Yeah, they probably wouldn't be hugging, but if they were onstage, with the exception of Axl, it would sound GOOD.

Thats not true. Because we know for a fact all of the original members can still play and still play very very well.

We do? :lol:

Again, this must be a joke. Unless you're living under a rock or avoiding seeing them, all the members are active (with the exception of Izzy) and all are playing amazing these days. Steven is still all over the map, but Matt is perfect these days. And I have no doubts Izzy can still play at the same level. But again, you MUST notice this unless you are actively avoiding their existence.

• Like 1