To those who say age is the reason for Axl's current voice

How can you compare three hours of constantly moving to a singer performing in a fixed position?

Axl basically does a cardio routine while singing.

3 hours? Axl is on stage for about 1 hour, the 2 extra hours are jams and solos.

Constantly moving? Maybe until 2006. His moves are slow and he barely runs on stage now. Not that I have a problem with that. My problem is with lies and make believe.

Cardio routine while singing? Maybe until 2010 when he put an extra effort to sing with power, and that must be tiresome as hell.

Stop making stuff up, MSL junior.

This.

How can you compare three hours of constantly moving to a singer performing in a fixed position?

Axl basically does a cardio routine while singing.

3 hours? Axl is on stage for about 1 hour, the 2 extra hours are jams and solos.

Bullshit. Clock it, he has to be on stage and active for about 2 hours, 2 hours and 15 minutes.

About Axl's voice ...

I think there's a lot of stuff that hasn't been told yet by the ones who could tell the truth about It. The truth remains hidden somewhere in his reclusive years.

Just my 2 cents.

Is this an opinion or something you know about and are not willing to share at this time?

None of the producers that were sent in to work with Axl, especially Youth and Moby ever indicated that there was a physical issue with him singing, more one of him being metally unable to focus on the job at hand.

From what I have read in interviews, my opinion is that Axl didn't sing in the reclusive years because he was metally overwhelmed by:

1. The size of the expectations he visited upon himself by wanting to BE GNR, rather than just be its lead singer.

2. His legal issues with wives, exes, business etc/

As regards Axl's current status:

Once GNR got huge after AFD, Axl appeared to be motivated to write music that would tell his story to masses of people through epic tunes; many of them inter-related by theme etc. Now that the record business is not what it was, his stardom and public interest has waned plus the slagging he got from many members of the music press for his devoted themes of self pity and paranoia on CD, I think he's just not bothered anymore.

Personally, I don't understand why he doesn't just do a solo album and bring in whomever he likes to do session work on those big tunes. Then release the album as just Axl, no GNR millstone around his neck. Hell, he could even pay Slash to do a few solos for him, he wouldn't even have to be in the room.

Personally, I don't think it's a matter of age. It does play a factor, and years of singing in the style he does will make the quality slowly deteriorate, but I don't think it's fully the issue. At this point, I'd say its a combination of that as well as his physical shape. Get back into 06/07 shape, or at least 09/10 shape and things will probably slowly start to get better.

We'll see how he is in a couple months though.