Axl Rose had gastric bypass surgery?

Someone on the Guns N' Roses Facebook group 'Hard Rock Hotel' said that today on 99.3 WZXR (Williamsport, PA), Bob and Tom were saying that Axl Rose was at Strong Hospital in New York last month for gastric bypass surgery.

Tom said, "man, I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but I will--Axl Rose was in New York last week for gastric bypass surgery, and he looks great."

I'm looking forward to hearing Axl Rose at the upcoming Vegas residency--it's gonna be a whole different concert!"

Am I the only one who thinks this tour is gonna kick ass? :frank:

• Like 2

That is a load of bullshit. The guy is like, 20 lbs over weight tops. That is for people 200 lbs over weight minimum

I work in public relations, and you can't exactly go around giving out false information out over the radio. :rolleyes:

99.3 is a legendary rock station. If they're saying it, it's most likely true.

If he did do WTF is the big deal, people do it everyday for just 30 or so pounds. Hell if you go by the height a weight scale if you aren't skin and bones you weight too much. That is what they go by and the total body fat.

Yes there are guidelines for a gastic bypass but if you got the money Dr's will do it even if you don't really need it.

I am not saying he did, all I am saying whats the big deal either way.

Hell I had the lower half my stomach removed due to a tumor they THOUGHT was cancer and it wasn't and I am 6'3" 231lbs and I am over weight dispite the loss of the lower half of my stomach and having delayed gastic emptying from damage to the vagual nerve and my stomach muscles don't contract right and I throw up after every meal because my body says that food should be gone after about 1-2 hours on my stomach and it is throw up time. Nothing I can do but roll with it because I can't stop it from happening. I get some food through my stomach but I usually throw up more than half. Hell I can't even get one full egg through my stomach in 2 hours, the test showed I had 65% of the egg was still in my stomach after 2 hours and it should have been 0% left. Last year I lost 65lbs over 4 months and I am holding my weight now.

• Like 1

That is a load of bullshit. The guy is like, 20 lbs over weight tops. That is for people 200 lbs over weight minimum

I work in public relations, and you can't exactly go around giving out false information out over the radio. :rolleyes:

IMPOSSIBLE. I am 100% certain that he would have to be 265+ lbs. to qualify for that surgery.

Gastric bypass surgery would require a stay of a couple of nights.

He could have been an out-patient for something minor (check-up) or visiting a friend.

Edited by ohlovelyrita
  • Like 1

Radio is not really reliable. 94.7 and 95.9 are well regarded rock stations here and they get loads of shit wrong.

And is that picture of Slash on the GNR site real? I know it is a really stupid question but I really want it to be real, that would be hilarious

If he did do WTF is the big deal, people do it everyday for just 30 or so pounds. Hell if you go by the height a weight scale if you aren't skin and bones you weight too much. That is what they go by and the total body fat.

Yes there are guidelines for a gastic bypass but if you got the money Dr's will do it even if you don't really need it.

I am not saying he did, all I am saying whats the big deal either way.

Hell I had the lower half my stomach removed due to a tumor they THOUGHT was cancer and it wasn't and I am 6'3" 231lbs and I am over weight dispite the loss of the lower half of my stomach and having delayed gastic emptying from damage to the vagual nerve and my stomach muscles don't contract right and I throw up after every meal because my body says that food should be gone after about 1-2 hours on my stomach and it is throw up time. Nothing I can do but roll with it because I can't stop it from happening. I get some food through my stomach but I usually throw up more than half. Hell I can't even get one full egg through my stomach in 2 hours, the test showed I had 65% of the egg was still in my stomach after 2 hours and it should have been 0% left. Last year I lost 65lbs over 4 months and I am holding my weight now.

Wishing you the best, my man.
  • Like 1