AXL, do you still give a fuck?

We joke, but there is a disturbing segment of our fanbase that pretty much believes the label has an entire department dedicated to keeping Axl down.

My guess? And I'm serious with this. Has Axl's name even been mentioned at label HQ in 4-5 years?

Label rejected his plans a few years ago, so goes the rumor. They probably just want nothing to do with him at this point.

I wonder how many albums he is still contracted to produce for release.

Ya know, I wonder. Can we just admit that Chinese Democracy utterly failing commercially destroyed Axl Rose? I think yes.

Yup. Weight gain from '07 to '09 is evidence of that. I think the great '09-'10 gigs were driven by venom and anger at all the Azoff manipulations, and excitement to play the ChiDem songs live. Then the follow-up wasn't released mid-2010, and its been autopilot since.

It's bizarre. 2006-07 wasn't that long ago, and when I watch those performances now, damn, it's like watching an entirely different person from the guy we get in 2014. Again, very sad.

Every time I listen to the Eddie Trunk radio interview, I'm baffled at how that guy and this guy could be the same person.

Like I said, now more than ever I really believe that the fallout from the Chinese Democracy release broke the man in two both psychologically and physically. We've yet to see him come back from that in any meaningful way.

It's really as if he can't let the "Chi Dem era' go, so he continues this charade, as if the course will somehow correct itself so long as he keeps it going. The fact that "Chinese Democracy" opened this show is honestly scary.

Edited by sofine11

Like I said, now more than ever I really believe that the fallout from the Chinese Democracy release broke the man in two both psychologically and physically. We've yet to see him come back from that in any meaningful way.

It's really as if he can't let the "Chi Dem era' go, so he continues this charade, as if the course will somehow correct itself so long as he keeps it going.

Seems it.

Or so long as he keeps this tour going, he never has to really move on to that next thing. Which, yeah, it doesn't appear he believes in much anymore.

Think how he was playing the new songs in 2001 or 2006. He was excited about it.

Now its time to play that next batch of new songs for the next one...but no, we get 'Appetite For Democracy'.

Now its time to play that next batch of new songs for the next one...but no, we get 'Appetite For Democracy'.

That title always made me cringe.

Might as well call it 'One More Time'. Or 'Why The Hell Not'. 'Takes No Chances'. 'Out Of Ideas'.

He cares about making money and maintaining his lavish lifestyle. He can always record music he enjoys making without ever releasing it. Axl acts like a king that is totally living in his own little world and it's own little helpers. It's adorable. The delusions are a part of the charm and what made Gn'R cool imo. But he forgot how to release albums a long time ago.

He cares about making money and maintaining his lavish lifestyle

And that is exactly what everyone in the world does. People live their lives for themselves. Even people who do charity do it for themselves. They do what they want. Anyone who rips Axl for making money is a complete hypocrite. By the way, he is doing what he wants, not for the max money, or he would reunite with the old band.

It is embarrassing that fans criticize a 50 year old guy for reaping the rewards of his hard work.

But that is the US, you all feel entitled, and feel like others owe you. Its the way of the US, other countries love GNR cause they see it for what it is, a Rock band, not a tool to make themselves feel better.

Your guys are a bunch of fucking pussies.

These are all excuses. Sure, the failure of the album probably bummed him out to a massive degree, but other artists have had failures and they went on to create more music and release it. They don't let themselves be turned into a joke. Axl has done this all to himself. I have no pity for what has become of him and the once unstoppable GN'R. I wanted Axl to succeed back in 2001/2002 but that was then and the times have changed. You can't keep the charade up forever. He doesn't care about his fans so I won't care about him.

2-3 new songs my ass. 'New' to me isn't stupid covers and guitar solos. New means fresh, original songs that have never been played before, and I'm not talking about any UYI songs that have never been played live.

These are all excuses. Sure, the failure of the album probably bummed him out to a massive degree, but other artists have had failures and they went on to create more music and release it. They don't let themselves be turned into a joke. Axl has done this all to himself. I have no pity for what has become of him and the once unstoppable GN'R. I wanted Axl to succeed back in 2001/2002 but that was then and the times have changed. You can't keep the charade up forever. He doesn't care about his fans so I won't care about him.

2-3 new songs my ass. 'New' to me isn't stupid covers and guitar solos. New means fresh, original songs that have never been played before, and I'm not talking about any UYI songs that have never been played live.

Yeah, cause he obviously needs your pity. See post #56. Does your vagina hurt?

That title always made me cringe.

Might as well call it 'One More Time'. Or 'Why The Hell Not'. 'Takes No Chances'. 'Out Of Ideas'.

Lol...Agreed. That must've been a Team Brazil gem. Marketing wizards, they are.

other countries love GNR cause they see it for what it is, a Rock band, not a tool to make themselves feel better.

They see it for what it is: a fucking joke.

What is a joke is grown ass men (supposedly) complaining about a 50 year old guys show halfway around the world that you did not even attend, now THAT is a joke. :lol:

other countries love GNR cause they see it for what it is, a Rock band, not a tool to make themselves feel better.

What is a joke is grown ass men (supposedly) complaining about a 50 year old guys show halfway around the world that you did not even attend, now THAT is a joke. :lol:

So we're not allowed to have an opinion because we didn't go the show? Because we don't agree with what most of the rest of the world thinks of the Axl Rose Experience?

Believe what you want, but this isn't Guns N' Roses and no new music means a joke of a show and "band." The minute we get a new album and IF the songs are good, I'll change my tune, but since that is highly improbable, I'll keep bashing this circus as it rightfully deserves.

I can understand how the chidem after effects bummed him out but if he's still down about it after 6 years that's scary. Move on and put new songs out.

Maybe you should move on?

So we're not allowed to have an opinion because we didn't go the show? Because we don't agree with what most of the rest of the world thinks of the Axl Rose Experience?

Believe what you want, but this isn't Guns N' Roses and no new music means a joke of a show and "band." The minute we get a new album and IF the songs are good, I'll change my tune, but since that is highly improbable, I'll keep bashing this circus as it rightfully deserves.

I don't think whining and complaining that he is not playing what you want when you aren't there is a valid complaint. How can you complain about something you did not pay for? You can say he sounds like shit, just keep it in context, i.e. first show, his age etc, but you guys are basically complaining about a movie you didn't go to. It is fucking stupid. makes no sense to me.

I watch Shawshank Redemption cause it is a great film, but i dont expect it to have the ending change to adjust to my needs. I take it for what it is. You should just take Axl for what he is, or move on. But incessantly bitching is ridiculous to me.

I can understand how the chidem after effects bummed him out but if he's still down about it after 6 years that's scary. Move on and put new songs out. Eh I rarely post here so moving on isn't an option. Why don't you attack a diehard fan? I hardly knew about gnr til they made headlines here over that Dublin show in 2010 and then I started listening to the music out of curiosity. Why don't you move on and do something else with you time rather than reply to a stranger on a message board! How boring either make conversation or ignore my post but to take the time to attack someone god you really have time on your hands

Edited by Janis

I can understand how the chidem after effects bummed him out but if he's still down about it after 6 years that's scary. Move on and put new songs out.

Maybe you should move on?

I don't think whining and complaining that he is not playing what you want when you aren't there is a valid complaint. How can you complain about something you did not pay for? You can say he sounds like shit, just keep it in context, i.e. first show, his age etc, but you guys are basically complaining about a movie you didn't go to. It is fucking stupid. makes no sense to me.

I watch Shawshank Redemption cause it is a great film, but i dont expect it to have the ending change to adjust to my needs. I take it for what it is. You should just take Axl for what he is, or move on. But incessantly bitching is ridiculous to me.

Well we can agree on Shawshank being a great film, but I digress....

I'm complaining because I want new music. Let me put it like this. I have written 10 songs for my band's new album, and I have two more finished and one in progress for the third. The second isn't even recorded yet. And I have a job which keeps me out of the house for 40 or more hours a week. Yet I'm still able to write music. These guys don't have diddly shit as far as real jobs so why can't they make a new album? Sure, it's Axl's project, but when is enough enough already?

Seems like the "give a fuck" train pulled out of Rose Station a while ago.

Maybe it was just the "general" vibe going on here but there was something really disheartening about watching those latest

clips. It's just not there anymore, whether it's something physical or a lack of effort or combination idk, unless something drastically

changes then 2010 was basically Axl's last hurrah.

Not any more than grown men complaining about people's will-within rational reasoned ability to complain about the state of a rock band ;)

But that is the US, you all feel entitled, and feel like others owe you. Its the way of the US, other countries love GNR cause they see it for what it is, a Rock band, not a tool to make themselves feel better.

I have checked your posting history, this sentence is literally essentially copied and pasted from the majority of your other posts

The whole "they owe us something" is an argument you are making up and then attacking - i.e. a straw fan fallacy. If you see people's criticism you will find that we are well within rational logic to say what they are saying. Not only that but your constant complaining about other people complaining takes away a higher ground approach that you try and have

So we're not allowed to have an opinion because we didn't go the show?

Remember, you are arguing with a guy who calls people morons when they judge Axl's voice by youtube videos..........and then five minutes later posts that Axl is in Top Form because his wife said so after seeing Axl sing on a youtube video!!!!