song where axl sounds the best on studio recording

Not many people are saying anything with illusions which sounds about right. He sort of exaggerated every word on the UYI records and over time it is sort of annoying. Adds a slight bit of cheese to the proceedings. Same can be said for the spaghetti incident. I love the sympathy for the devil cover and am generally bummed by the bad rap it gets. If slash didn't trash it I wonder if the perception would be the same

As far as studio recording on the whole TSI is actually the album where everyone sounds the best. The production was great. Compared to UYI it did sound like a stooges record. Slash's tone was off the charts, I don't know. It sounded like they had fun.

Not many people are saying anything with illusions which sounds about right. He sort of exaggerated every word on the UYI records and over time it is sort of annoying. Adds a slight bit of cheese to the proceedings. Same can be said for the spaghetti incident. I love the sympathy for the devil cover and am generally bummed by the bad rap it gets. If slash didn't trash it I wonder if the perception would be the same

As far as studio recording on the whole TSI is actually the album where everyone sounds the best. The production was great. Compared to UYI it did sound like a stooges record. Slash's tone was off the charts, I don't know. It sounded like they had fun.

Too bad it was fucking squashed at the mastering stage.

All of AFD
Shadow of Your Love
You Could Be Mine
You're Crazy alternate take from the Niven demos
Civil War
Pretty Tied Up

maybe Estranged
Sympathy
the CD intro scream
TWAT outro

I.R.S long scream (when i first heard the leak i almost spit my cofee)

I'll never understand the love for the Sympathy cover. I think all of TSI is great, but I think Sympathy is the worst cover they have ever done. I just don't get what they added and I don't get why its so beloved. I don't, as Slash puts it, "hear the band breaking up" but the song never gels correctly for me. Maybe that is exactly what Slash means, but I've always thought for a band that is really great at covers I'm surprised that this is the only one I don't like yet the one that gets praised the most. In all my years of following Guns (I was there when this cover was first released), I have never understood that.

To my ears the original Stones version is pretty boring
With Axl and the band is much more exciting, although the mixing is a bit "fuzzy"

Edited by Crash Diet