GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, it's when he starts wearing the red t-shirt. Haven't seen pics yet :unsure:

Not the best quality, hope there'll be better pics :shrugs:

janishat.jpg

janishat2.jpg

@Frey and that's after he got pregnant :smiley-confused2:

slaxl3.jpg

@dgnr Nightrain. I've just watch this one and Jungle, can't do more, the boots keep distracting me :max:

• Like 1

On 18 August 2016 at 0:25 PM, starlight said:

About the dad,daddy thing...I have read it referred to other famous people in general on social networks.:blink:

I think it's some kind of new slang term I don't know I'm too old for this.:P

I asked my 15 year old what #Daddy means, after she looked aghast that I even knew the expression and then rolled her eyes because you know I'm waaaay to old to be asking such things, she explained that it is either a term of respect normally by a woman  for a successful or powerful man as in 'who's the daddy' or Boss. It can also be used in reference to say a boyfriend  who treats a women well. In a similar way a father looks after or cares for a child.

I have to say, since the second explanation I find really disturbing, I choose to believe #daddy referencing any of the band members are obviously because they are very successful and the poster is just being respectful! ?

Following  this conversation my 11 year old turns around and say's  "Mum you do know LOL does'nt mean lots of love don't you". :facepalm:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I asked my 15 year old what #Daddy means, after she looked aghast that I even knew the expression and then rolled her eyes because you know I'm waaaay to old to be asking such things, she explained that it is either a term of respect normally by a woman  for a successful or powerful man as in 'who's the daddy' or Boss. It can also be used in reference to say a boyfriend  who treats a women well. In a similar way a father looks after or cares for a child.

I have to say, since the second explanation I find really disturbing, I choose to believe #daddy referencing any of the band members are obviously because they are very successful and the poster is just being respectful! ?

Following  this conversation my 11 year old turns around and say's  "Mum you do know LOL does'nt mean lots of love don't you". :facepalm:

wow, good job on having the courage of asking your kids! :P

I think both explanations or definitions are creepy and horrible and I can't believe in 21st century, women and especially girls, are still making words or using words to refer to the inequality of the gender.

Powerful/successful men should be defined as that and that's it. Not with a special word that puts women in a lower position of admiration of the guy. Not that you cannot admire them or anything, but calling them "daddy" just because of that, I think you can't get rid of the main connotation or meaning of the word daddy, no matter how much respect you imply, it still gives me the feeling of respect in terms of submission.

Horrible shit.

Second one, as you said, it's disturbing as well... "boyfriend who treats women well"? :rolleyes:

It should be a norm to treat your partner well, not an exception that should receive praising and a special name.

Jeez, how much work we still have to do.... :facepalm:

• Like 3

@Archtop thanks for the explanation. I hope this "daddy" thing will never arrive to my country :nervous:

6 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

That Tako...how the hell is she able to go to every show?! How does she do it? I want her job or whatever it is that makes her able to follow and take pictures of our guys! So jealous lol!!!! :lol:

Me too lol. The same with Margoth. I've been thinking for a while what to do to be able to travel the world and still don't know :lol:

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Baby is due on November 4th, River Plate stadium. I will be there to assist the new fathers and receive whatever comes out of that belly. It will probably be a mix of Axl & Slash, something like this:

:rofl-lol:

Out of likes, but omg, this is too much, lol.  :axl92:x:slash: = :rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

That Tako...how the hell is she able to go to every show?! How does she do it? I want her job or whatever it is that makes her able to follow and take pictures of our guys! So jealous lol!!!! :lol:

51 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Me too lol. The same with Margoth. I've been thinking for a while what to do to be able to travel the world and still don't know :lol:.

I think Margot comes from a wealthy family or she's in a business where they make really good money. Although, all the "leave of absence" they have I'm not sure how they get them. Maybe accumulated vacation time? Or them being self-employed or working in family business which makes it easier to get covered up for absence.

9 minutes ago, triad said:

Out of likes, but omg, this is too much, lol.  :axl92:x:slash: = :rofl-lol:

hahaah yeah, that's the perfect combination and that's the baby Slash is expecting :devilshades:

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think Margot comes from a wealthy family or she's in a business where they make really good money. Although, all the "leave of absence" they have I'm not sure how they get them. Maybe accumulated vacation time? Or them being self-employed or working in family business which makes it easier to get covered up for absence.

I am also self-employed but don't have the money to do such things :no:

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

hahaah yeah, that's the perfect combination and that's the baby Slash is expecting :devilshades:

I wonder whether Slash also calls Axl daddy, you know, now when they're expecting a baby :smiley-confused2:

or maybe a new album will be born :headbang:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I am also self-employed but don't have the money to do such things :no:

I wonder whether Slash also calls Axl daddy, you know, now when they're expecting a baby :smiley-confused2:

or maybe a new album will be born :headbang:

haha well but I think she's like 15 years older than you, so you still have time to get there :hug:

Axl calling Slash daddy is not so bad :P He's a daddy already and he's gonna be again now :heart:

10 hours ago, dgnr said:

Duff really, really needs to have an healthy talk with these boys :o

image.jpeg.cc6880ef3829c55193718204a76cc5fc.jpeg

When i first saw that pic i really wondered what those lines are on his belly. So those are in fact abs? How is that possible, that someone has abs and a gut at the same time?

Slash really doesnt seem to care about his body/appearance at all, even back in the days with the conspirators he went shirtless during PC, even though he didnt have a  perfect body at that time..

its weird in a way, as he always comes off as a shy person and people also stating that he is very shy when they meet him, talk to him, his friends, etc ... I guess being a shy person and being comfortable in your skin are two different pair of shoes?

btw does he has a scar from his belly button downwards?

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol:

well, trying to explain Slash pregnancy is going to get difficult if we get too technical and since I don't want to fall into the deep waters of "fan fic" I came up with the brushing up as a not-so-shocking-for-Frey explanation of the baby bump :facepalm:

Come to think of it, in all my years as a fan of this band, I've never seen fan fic where Axl gets knocked up. (I'm saying Axl because c'mon, it definitely would be Axl who gets knocked up in fan fic land :P)

And he would be the worst pregnant person ever - mood swings x a million

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Baby is due on November 4th, River Plate stadium. I will be there to assist the new fathers and receive whatever comes out of that belly. It will probably be a mix of Axl & Slash, something like this:

WTF is this?! That shit is disturbing :scared::scared::scared::rofl-lol:

(And I'm glad you're gonna be their midwife and assists them with the birth :lol:)

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Axl calling Slash daddy is not so bad :P He's a daddy already and he's gonna be again now :heart:

lol wut :lol:

I think Axl calling Slash daddy would be pretty bad. That's so not my thing :rofl-lol:  And he's gonna be a daddy again now? To whom? Axl? :scared:

25 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

When i first saw that pic i really wondered what those lines are on his belly. So those are in fact abs? How is that possible, that someone has abs and a gut at the same time?

Slash really doesnt seem to care about his body/appearance at all, even back in the days with the conspirators he went shirtless during PC, even though he didnt have a  perfect body at that time..

its weird in a way, as he always comes off as a shy person and people also stating that he is very shy when they meet him, talk to him, his friends, etc ... I guess being a shy person and being comfortable in your skin are two different pair of shoes?

btw does he has a scar from his belly button downwards?

Seem to be abs, yeah. Looks weird as hell though.

Slash's a bit shy yes, but he has zero shyness when it comes to his body, his sex life, and other things like that :rolleyes: Neither back in the day nor now...

Not that I know of. That's the first time I've noticed a line like that there. Never seen that in other shirtless pictures of him.

(Maybe it's a stretch mark. Pregnant people tend to get these :P)

Edited by Lumikki

3 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Seem to be abs, yeah. Looks weird as hell though.

Slash's a bit shy yes, but he has zero shyness when it comes to his body, his sex life, and other things like that :rolleyes: Neither back in the day nor now...

Not that I know of. That's the first time I've noticed a line like that there. Never seen that in other shirtless pictures of him.

(Maybe it's a stretch mark. Pregnant people tend to get these :P)

Agree, it looks weird ...

Haven't seen a shirtless pic of him in a longer time (i think) so maybe he got that scar during that time. Or it is just a shadow or something else ... doesnt matter, i just wondered :)

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Come to think of it, in all my years as a fan of this band, I've never seen fan fic where Axl gets knocked up. (I'm saying Axl because c'mon, it definitely would be Axl who gets knocked up in fan fic land :P)

And he would be the worst pregnant person ever - mood swings x a million

-------

WTF is this?! That shit is disturbing :scared::scared::scared::rofl-lol:

(And I'm glad you're gonna be their midwife and assists them with the birth :lol:)

-------

lol wut :lol:

I think Axl calling Slash daddy would be pretty bad. That's so not my thing :rofl-lol:  And he's gonna be a daddy again now? To whom? Axl? :scared:

They are both pregnant, we saw a picture of them together from Detroit show where they are walking hand in hand, sporting huge pregnancy belly. 

But Axl had a miscarriage so now it is only Slash who's gonna give birth soon. :max:

-----

That's what the baby is going to look like. Don't make fun of it. Show some respect for the hybrid :max:

Yeah, I'm gonna be there, when the bump pops off, like when zits pop off. And the "baby" will be baptized right there, with the whole stadium as a witness. I'm in talks with a local priest.

(don't say anything but maybe I can make them get married too, all in one ceremony :smiley-confused2:)

44 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

That birth is going to be like something out of the film Alien:smiley-confused2:

Yeah, painful, but surrounded by rock n roll and sweaty drunk bodies :P

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He's wearing the GODDAMN BOOTS again  :max:

Damn it! Couldn't tell from the scopes and I saw him running so was thinking he was in his sneakers! Axl! NOT OK to run in boots! We do not want you hurtin yourself again! *shakes finger* 

RE: the scars, he's had at least one heart operation. They have to make more than one cut sometimes and they're not always dainty with their work. That could certainly account for the scars and unusual appearance of his torso...

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Damn it! Couldn't tell from the scopes and I saw him running so was thinking he was in his sneakers! Axl! NOT OK to run in boots! We do not want you hurtin yourself again! *shakes finger* 

For the LA shows it looks like he's had sneakers on most of the night and then changed to boots toward the end.