GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

16 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I think Duff really hit the jackpot with Susan. He found very sweet, down to earth succesfull supermodel (you don't see that everyday, see Stephanie for example). She seems very suportive of him and their girls and she was there with him not when he was at the top of the world, but quite opposite and that says a lot about her imo. What's not to like! :D except those huge boobs :P

And she was stunning back in the days. And not necessarely in a bombshell way but more in a girl next door way. Really cute :) 

47227_mc_jan91_hansf-1.jpg 

4136f765247900f02dd579d7b2a3cd09.jpg

susan-holmes-22strong-and-linear22-vogue

hamishbowles_thehomefront4.jpg

sh511pf9.jpg

2b3d654bd12321060ab8e4faae4cbae3.jpg

She looks a lot better as a brunette. Nothing against blondes, I am one, just that she looks very different with blonde hair. 

• Like 3

Speaking of Susan, she went all Beta on someone today...

I don't approve of nasty comments, but I'm not thrilled about her asking the asslickers McKagan family fans to go after someone else either. And lol at her threats about finding that person's "IT address" (:facepalm:) and bringing Duff there :lol: Jesus :facepalm:

Screenshot_2016-10-25-03-58-06.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Sounds like they said mean things about her baby. I know that pain. it makes you extra crazy :lol:

Yeah that person called Grace's new music video or the song itself (I don't know which) trash. I mean I get it, she just went all mama bear, I would be mad too.

But if Grace is really keeping at this music thing, there're gonna be tons of not so nice or critical comments (let's be real, Grace isn't exactly a great singer or song writer and being her dad's daughter is the only reason she's as successfull as she is). And there will always be assholes who just like leaving nasty comments, no matter how talented, nice or whatever else someone is. So Susan's going to be very busy if she plans to react like that to every negative comment about her kid(s).

Btw, I'm curious about your quote below :lol:

What does Duff flipping out look like? I can't even really picture Duff having a hissy fit. It's easy for me to do that with Axl or even Slash, but Duff? :blink::lol:

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Was just going to say, it was all well and good when Duff was playing little stages with Loaded, now it's all on the biggest stages again as well as all that goes with it. 

I saw her with him at Donington in 2009, Loaded played the tiny tent. He was really flipping out about something, I thought he wasn't going to go on stage. She was trying to calm him down. You wouldn't think that of Duff would you? Throwing a diva strop? But I saw it with my own eyes. I'm sure it was all fine after. 

At the time though I felt sorry for her. 

• Like 1

I look at this as a completely different situation...It seems that someone attacked her daughter and she deffended her the best she could, I think it's legit, it's a mama bear move. Calling the Mckagan army could be avoided though. 

Beta on the other hand went to the AC/DC page telling AC/DC fans to basically fuck off. Who the hell is she to tell them who should be singing for the band they support? And yeah it can be that Beta also went all mama bear in that situation, but you know Axl doesn't have 18 years old in order to need his 'mom' to got his back and also she is a part of Guns N' Roses management, so she answers under the GNR name, not only Axl's 'mum', like Susan with Grace...so she should have know better.

• Like 2

I get Susan, she's her kid, but i legimetly laughed at her calling in the cavalry for a two words comment, yes, it wasn't nice but come on, your daughter is still a singer and that person is still behind a computer, the right move is to ignore it, it's an opinion even if not expressed in a nice way.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Speaking of Susan, she went all Beta on someone today...

I don't approve of nasty comments, but I'm not thrilled about her asking the asslickers McKagan family fans to go after someone else either. And lol at her threats about finding that person's "IT address" (:facepalm:) and bringing Duff there :lol: Jesus :facepalm:

Screenshot_2016-10-25-03-58-06.png

:facepalm::facepalm:

Dear Beta and Susan,

whether your kid's name is Axl or Grace, whether they are 54 or 19, people are going to say mean things about your kids as long as they're putting themselves out in the spotlight.

Fair or not, but that's the way it is.

Freaking out about every little comment like they do is not going to help.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah that person called Grace's new music video or the song itself (I don't know which) trash. I mean I get it, she just went all mama bear, I would be mad too.

But if Grace is really keeping at this music thing, there're gonna be tons of not so nice or critical comments (let's be real, Grace isn't exactly a great singer or song writer and being her dad's daughter is the only reason she's as successfull as she is). And there will always be assholes who just like leaving nasty comments, no matter how talented, nice or whatever else someone is. So Susan's going to be very busy if she plans to react like that to every negative comment about her kid(s).

Btw, I'm curious about your quote below :lol:

What does Duff flipping out look like? I can't even really picture Duff having a hissy fit. It's easy for me to do that with Axl or even Slash, but Duff? :blink::lol:

I thought a little bit about it after, and yes I agree with you, they're going to have to get used to mean comments when both daughters are going for the careers they've chosen. That's just they way it is. Still, I get how much it hurts when people say mean things about your kids, it's going to take some adjusting to. (Or convince them to go back to school and get the full education their parents can afford)

Duff looks really really scary when he is mad :lol: the veins in his neck were nearly popping and he was yelling, he kept doing an angry stare that was pretty frightening too lol. He was still raging on stage, after a couple of songs he chilled out a bit. Corey Taylor came out at the end and sang a couple of GnR tunes with him, he was alright by then :) Corey was actually really good. 

It was all Motley Crue's fault :lol:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, starlight said:

I like Susan, I understand defending her daughter but there will always be nasty comments about you on the internet , really you can't expect everyone to like you and kiss your ass all the time

Yes. Pretty much this ^

Anyway, she was way more polite than Beta and at least she's Grace real mother :ph34r:

But yeah, gonna have to grow a thicker skin if she wants to remain in this business, especially with social media.

I don't know what she would do with the IP address though..... Is it forbidden to comment on the Internet?

Unless it was a death threat with real potential to become true, no one will do anything about these comments.

Too much hanging out with TB doesn't do good.

• Like 2

I would've thought Susan would know better tbh.

On 24/10/2016 at 4:04 PM, giuls said:

Really, you don't believe they were never that close? even Slash and Duff? How do you explain the frankly extreme reaction that Axl had when Slash left the group if not as someone that reacted to a perceived betrayal by someone close to him? I'm sincerely curious, no snark.

I guess it depends on how you define “close”, but considering the way they treated each other at times, it’s something I question. If you’re close to someone do you stiff them out of songwriting credits etc. That’s not to say I think they didn’t care for each other, or they weren’t friends or even that slaxl doesn’t hold some truth. It’s just easy to make friends when you’re young, especially in what would have been a hedonistic, bravado filled environment.

I’d liken it to the Metallica guys. It took James having a breakdown and the subsequent band therapy before they got truly real with each other. And things in Guns were far more complicated than Metallica.

With Axl, when you look at what he’s done over the years, his emotional compass clearly isn’t typical. So I do think his own personality quirks drove a lot of his reaction to Slash leaving. Which was a huge impact on his life. But I don’t discount the obvious feelings that were there.

6 hours ago, money honey said:

:drool: Sooo good looking. Who cares how long ago it is. Imagine being so cool that you let your hair hide a face like that?!

He always hides his eyes, which is one of his best features.

10 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Waiting for indonesia concert date *fingercrossed

Ha, fellow Indonesian!! I'm afraid we got skipped tho. I don't know, but I came across Axl's tweet about his disagreement with death penalty to drug traffickers and since this is Axl Rose maybe that'll make him think to not coming back to Indonesia again. But maybe I'm overthinking it :lol: and maybe they just consider to choose few SE Asian country and hope that already covers whole region.

I don't wanna spend extra other than for the ticket to watch in Singapore.:wacko:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Ha, fellow Indonesian!! I'm afraid we got skipped tho. I don't know, but I came across Axl's tweet about his disagreement with death penalty to drug traffickers and since this is Axl Rose maybe that'll make him think to not coming back to Indonesia again. But maybe I'm overthinking it :lol: and maybe they just consider to choose few SE Asian country and hope that already covers whole region.

I don't wanna spend extra other than for the ticket to watch in Singapore.:wacko:

Finally, indonesian, I thought Im the only one. I doubt Axl not come to indonesia because of tht, I think He just didnt interested comin' in here, in Nu Guns theres Ron tht like indonesia so maybe He was the one who suggested for GN'R to do a show in indonesia. But I dunno about Slash 

Me too

Edit: Btw have You seen any place tht sells Rolling Stones Magz  collector edition with GN'R on the cover?

Edited by SerenityScorp

Huh, you'd expect that Susan's had some PR lessons in her countless years of having to handle an image of some kind. Seems to me that a lot of famous people aren't dealing very well with this transfer into the age of instant reaching out to the public? I can't imagine it'd be as easy to hot-headedly put some damaging shit out there in the 80s as it is now, when all you have to do is load your insta page.

Edited by tiutso

13 hours ago, dgnr said:

Anything you would like to order from the menu while on the air? :P

Thank God theres salads for Duff or He will flips out if theres no salad :rolleyes:

But poor Slash cause He cant eat all those snacks when Duff is around :rofl-lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

9 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Edit: Btw have You seen any place tht sells Rolling Stones Magz  collector edition with GN'R on the cover?

I don't know. You might want to go to Kinokuniya, Books & Beyond, or Periplus. But tbh I haven't seen it anywhere around here :(

Edit: Assuming that you live in Jakarta

Edited by tifalucis

5 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

I don't know. You might want to go to Kinokuniya, Books & Beyond, or Periplus. But tbh I haven't seen it anywhere around here :(

Ive search it on Books N' Beyond in Citos but got nothing, I even ordered it with the staff in there but They never calls back

Wants to find it in Gandaria N' Pacific Place since the staff told Me only those Mall tht sells imported magz but dont have time to go there.

Btw what city You from?

16 hours ago, Babooshka said:

I guess it depends on how you define “close”, but considering the way they treated each other at times, it’s something I question. If you’re close to someone do you stiff them out of songwriting credits etc. That’s not to say I think they didn’t care for each other, or they weren’t friends or even that slaxl doesn’t hold some truth. It’s just easy to make friends when you’re young, especially in what would have been a hedonistic, bravado filled environment.

I’d liken it to the Metallica guys. It took James having a breakdown and the subsequent band therapy before they got truly real with each other. And things in Guns were far more complicated than Metallica.

With Axl, when you look at what he’s done over the years, his emotional compass clearly isn’t typical. So I do think his own personality quirks drove a lot of his reaction to Slash leaving. Which was a huge impact on his life. But I don’t discount the obvious feelings that were there.

That shit was already when their relationship was already damaged and i don't really "count" the feelings only if they were forever and immutable, people move on but it's not like there wasn't valid, sincere friendship once upon a time and there was an important feelings there, it's still valid, you know what i mean? Now, we don't know how their relationship is but i wouldn't say they weren't true friends in the past and it was just for circumstances, if it was just that their friendship with Tracii would have been more lasting even when he was out of the band, the environment was the same or they would have had a friendship with Poison.

Obviously Axl isn't the most stable dude but even in his extreme reactions, there were differences between how the reacted to Izzy, Duff and Slash, with Slash it was an out-out war, there was more feelings here than with the others