Do you rate one Illusions record over the other?

Thought I'd approach my rating exercise a little differently.  I cross-checked what I'd rated the songs in iTunes with their actual play count and the results surprised me.

These are all my 5 star songs in no particular order:

Shotgun Blues (lol!)

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

Estranged

Dust n Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin' Jive

Bad Apples

Don't Damn Me

14 Years

Perfect Crime

These are the positions from highest amount of plays to lowest:

Bad Apples (seriously??? I had NO idea I'd played this song so many times.  And it's a lot of times).

Pretty Tied Up (I've listened to Bad Apples more - a LOT more - than my no.1 favourite UYI song? :facepalm: How did this happen?)

Dust n Bones (WTF? Really???)

Double Talkin' Jive

Bad Obsession

Locomotive (SHAME on me! Shame. Should have been higher)

Don't Damn Me

Estranged (Wow, so low?  Could have sworn I'd played this a million times...)

14 Years

Perfect Crime (More shame)

Shotgun Blues (nooooooo...now everyone who hates it will say I told you so!) lol

I'm not going to reveal the actual play counts because for all of these songs the counts are embarrassingly high.  People will think I need therapy.  I probably do...

Edit: thinking I should do this for all the albums mixed together and see what that turns up! Wonder what my most played GNR song is of all time?

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

On 2017-11-20 at 2:42 AM, Len Cnut said:

I love Cream, i think they were brilliant.  I like Jazz yeah but those guys were fuckin' monsters, you can't really compare guys like Coltrane or Bird or Sonny Rollins and them with fuckin'...I dunno, all these rock guitarists that love solo-ing.  Ginge was the making of Cream really. 

I've been listening to live Cream 1&2 a lot recently (vinyl) and they sound amazing. Ginger Baker was primal man. Clapton never had a drummer as good again, and NO the Layla nutcase doesn't count! 😂