AFD Super Deluxe in MQA on Tidal

quite  the above n beyond quality...in some parts you can 'hear' the studio...at least I can on my system(B&W804D)...on 1st listen. Feel sorry for those on any other streaming services(Apple, Spotify etc) that doesnt have MQA, these are mixed very well. 

So with 'Lies/LLaS' being Volume 2, I guess the next box set(s) is UYI I/II then...:) can you imagine a dual boxset, each $1300cdn? :o 

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

quite  the above n beyond quality...in some parts you can 'hear' the studio...at least I can on my system(B&W804D)...on 1st listen. Feel sorry for those on any other streaming services(Apple, Spotify etc) that doesnt have MQA, these are mixed very well. 

So with 'Lies/LLaS' being Volume 2, I guess the next box set(s) is UYI I/II then...:)

LOVED the sound on Tidal MQA when I heard it yesterday. 

the crispness of ALL the highs and cymbals is the FIRST thing I noticed...

Just now, RussTCB said:

LOVED the sound on Tidal MQA when I heard it yesterday. 

yeah, those suckers that think Spotify/Apple is the way to go, i feel sorry for them when a release like this comes along...they get about 1/3 of what we get on Tidal....IF that :P Now im REALLY looking forward to the 24/192 release....damn :D 

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

for the quality difference, its a nobrainer, to me anyway...:) There isnt another streaming service that compares to it, even in the neighborhood..and if you have GOOD speakers...nothing else will suffice.

Yeah the higher quality is the reason I got it. I also prefer the UI. 

19 minutes ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

the crispness of ALL the highs and cymbals is the FIRST thing I noticed...

yeah, those suckers that think Spotify/Apple is the way to go, i feel sorry for them when a release like this comes along...they get about 1/3 of what we get on Tidal....IF that :P Now im REALLY looking forward to the 24/192 release....damn :D 

Couldn't agree more. 

10 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Tidal is more expensive but I definitely prefer it to all alternatives. 

I actually get an insane deal on Tidal, so I couldn't say no. I'm part of the Third Man Records Vault. Back when Tidal launched, they offered members a one time deal which is $5/month for the top tier service. 

I couldn't click on that offer fast enough lol. I've had the highest tier program for a year or two and I pay a whole $5 per month for it. It's awesome! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. 

I actually get an insane deal on Tidal, so I couldn't say no. I'm part of the Third Man Records Vault. Back when Tidal launched, they offered members a one time deal which is $5/month for the top tier service. 

I couldn't click on that offer fast enough lol. I've had the highest tier program for a year or two and I pay a whole $5 per month for it. It's awesome! 

wow, yeah, thats pretty sweet, no way anyone should turn that one down :) nice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. 

You lucky bastard :facepalm:

I'm a bit pissed they didn't announced the hi-res downloads beforehand or at least we had to assume it's included in the l'n'l box exclusively. anyone wants my super deluxe CD box? don't know what it's for now that I have the download (got it from hd-tracks) and the lp. ain't much in that box that I still want except the bluray.

anyways, first listen of eps'n'b-sides was delicious, very sparkling, though irritating they switched stereo channels of Izzy and slash on llas.

afd remaster cannot compete to the OP German vinyl. or even the music fidelity labs omr. too much levelled out IMO, less dynamic. anyone else had impression that cymbals' level was increased but a steeper noise gate filter was applied to that. sounds unfamiliar to me. have to say this was first impression. the bit more volume of Slash's rhythm guitars is well done, cause still Izzy's playing remains present as it needs to.

lookin forward to the vinyl comparison when it finally arrives.

4 minutes ago, bucketOtrouble said:

ain't much in that box that I still want except the bluray.

That's all I'm interested in to be honest. I'd love to be able to download and listen to the high res 5.1 mix.