Motorcycle stool

First time I ever saw this thing was this leg of the NITL tour and didn't know what to make of it.... Then I was caught in the Gn'R youtube wormhole and stumbled on this video with the bike piano seat again... Am I the only one that never knew Axl used something like that before this tour? Is it the same seat? Is it the first time he used it since the MTV awards? I have seen this performance too.. watched it live back in the day but don't ever remember that seat. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

First time I ever saw this thing was this leg of the NITL tour and didn't know what to make of it.... Then I was caught in the Gn'R youtube wormhole and stumbled on this video with the bike piano seat again... Am I the only one that never knew Axl used something like that before this tour? Is it the same seat? Is it the first time he used it since the MTV awards? I have seen this performance too.. watched it live back in the day but don't ever remember that seat. 

Same , plus this bike seat look ridicoulous :lol:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed haha. I had no idea that it had so much history though. Does anyone know if Axl actually rides?

Me too, for my the more ridicoulous is the piano and bike mix ,not match piano with bike :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed haha. I had no idea that it had so much history though. Does anyone know if Axl actually rides?

A Harley he owned was actually on Craigslist two years ago. I believe he had taken it to the shop to have some stuff done to it and never ended up picking it back up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 92 VMA's was when -was it Nirvana or FNM - spit on the keyboard of a piano back stage. They believed it was Axls piano but it was Elton Johns who joined Guns for NR. So that meant that they saw 2 overly ornate keyboard rigs and had to decide if Axl or Elton were more likely to have a Harely as a piano stool, and figured only Elton John would do such a thing, lol.

7 hours ago, soon said:

The 92 VMA's was when -was it Nirvana or FNM - spit on the keyboard of a piano back stage. They believed it was Axls piano but it was Elton Johns who joined Guns for NR. So that meant that they saw 2 overly ornate keyboard rigs and had to decide if Axl or Elton were more likely to have a Harely as a piano stool, and figured only Elton John would do such a thing, lol.

Thats disgusting and how true is this? I never heard of this before. The closest I heard of something being done to Axl's piano was Corey Tyler tea bagging the keys before a show that Guns was headlining. 

I do wonder if the Bike actually was a working bike before it was modified or if it was just simply something that was custom made. 

5 hours ago, WWEROSES said:

Thats disgusting and how true is this? I never heard of this before. The closest I heard of something being done to Axl's piano was Corey Tyler tea bagging the keys before a show that Guns was headlining. 

I do wonder if the Bike actually was a working bike before it was modified or if it was just simply something that was custom made. 

It was Kurt:

“At the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards, Kurt had this well-publicized encounter with Axl Rose [of Guns N’ Roses]. After Nirvana played “Lithium,” Kurt went below the stage, where Axl and Elton John’s two pianos were mounted on a hydraulic lift awaiting their duet. Kurt spit up some pretty nasty stuff upon the keys of what he thought was Axl’s piano, but when the pianos arose for the duet’s intro to “November Rain,” Elton was seated at the piano who’s keys Kurt had spat upon. I’m not sure which was funnier, Kurt’s horror at what he had done, or the sight of Elton John hammering away on that piano.”

https://uproxx.com/music/nirvanas-mtv-vmas-1992-bad-night/4/

7 hours ago, WWEROSES said:

I bet that is own Axl bike.

Lovin' your threads and posts, as usual, Tom.

Aside of the chopper seat (<--- (?) .... I dunno...I don't ride...) -----

- Seeing this live, I remember being disappointed that they played this. I wasn't happy with the over-blown videos, and this 'biggest production in history' was sooo over-blown too. In fact, I was disappointed that they did live feeds from on tour for other MTV VAs.

I loved that Elton John played along, but really wished he had a singing part.

Axl looked and sounded great.

I knew Slash sounded "weird", but didn't realize until much later on that his guitar was out of tune. I don't know shit about music...

- Looking back, Axl deserved more of the 'tour take' than the rest of the band; He most undoubtedly did way more work.

Axl is insane. The band could only put up with his craziness for so long. They conceded a helluva lot, a lot more than they should have. If only they could've split the loot accordingly, and Axl hadn't gone haywire..

Duff's bass is heavy! (I think)