Why did Izzy quit the reunion after flying out for a soundcheck? Hadn't the money already been discussed at that point?

This is one of those subjects where unfortunately even still at this point, two years after the fact, we still can't have enough information to even begin to explain what the hell happened lol.  Maybe one day we will get at least one band member explaining what the plans were with Steven and Izzy originally and what happened

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WhazUp said:

This is one of those subjects where unfortunately even still at this point, two years after the fact, we still can't have enough information to even begin to explain what the hell happened lol.  Maybe one day we will get at least one band member explaining what the plans were with Steven and Izzy originally and what happened

GNR is one of those bands that I just don't think we'll ever get close to the straight story on many, many topics.

I think there are so many NDAs signed over the years that no one will ever really be able to say anything definitive. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

GNR is one of those bands that I just don't think we'll ever get close to the straight story on many, many topics.

I think there are so many NDAs signed over the years that no one will ever really be able to say anything definitive. 

Which is just crazy to me!  This is about Izzy in GNR, not about who killed JFK lol

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I think it was Steven's back, not shoulders.  If Izzy and Steven were a part of it, it seems like the plan was to have them play on the AFD (and Izzy the UYI stuff that he was involved in maybe) but have Frank on drums for UYI, CD and probably covers also.  Fortus would have been there for CD stuff for sure and possibly a 3rd guitar on AFD/UYI.  I don't think the NITL plan was ever just the AFD5+Dizzy by themselves.

Who knows, maybe they are truly brilliant and have made all this money on NITL and will bring Izzy and Steven on board for a 2019 tour hoping to get people that saw NITL to shell out again for a full reunion.  I honestly don't think that NITL would have sold that many more tickets if Izzy and Steven were there, certainly not enough more to cover their cost.  Now, a 2019 tour with them could be the spark needed to be able to play stadiums again instead of arenas/amphitheaters. 

Absolutely not. I think by them they cancelled the tv apperance the line up Slash/Duff/Axl/Iz/Steve/Dizzy fell through.  They were never going to have extra guitar and drummers.

Firstly, it makes them look stupid.

Secondly, unecessary costs.

If they had Steve in, which all sides claim, there is no way it was ment to be Slash/Steve/Duff/Ax/Dizzy/Fortus. People would laugh at them. Obviously, Iz was more vital than Steve. When Steve fell through, they probably went for extra cheap solution - Fortus.

Frank/Fortus/Meli is a fire extinguishing solution which happend out of necessity.

My 2 cents.

On 8/18/2018 at 6:15 PM, shotsfired cro said:

Absolutely not. I think by them they cancelled the tv apperance the line up Slash/Duff/Axl/Iz/Steve/Dizzy fell through.  They were never going to have extra guitar and drummers.

Firstly, it makes them look stupid.

Secondly, unecessary costs.

If they had Steve in, which all sides claim, there is no way it was ment to be Slash/Steve/Duff/Ax/Dizzy/Fortus. People would laugh at them. Obviously, Iz was more vital than Steve. When Steve fell through, they probably went for extra cheap solution - Fortus.

Frank/Fortus/Meli is a fire extinguishing solution which happend out of necessity.

My 2 cents.

Nah.  Everything that has come out has had Fortus in the entire time.  Adler was supposedly going to do the AFD songs and Frank the rest.  As for Izzy being in or out and to what extent, isn't clear....but Fortus was in from the beginning.