Apu Will Be Removed from the Simpsons

who gives a rat's ass when you've got DVD boxes to pick from, so you can watch your favorite episodes ad futurum?

It's a crazy PC world out there, but I couldn't tell as I don't watch much TV, or movies for that matter, anyway. Pop culture as a whole, has regressed to PC propaganda and you'd have to pay me good money to watch any of it. When I want to watch a good movie I'll put on one of my DVD's. God bless private possession.

• Like 1

On 27-10-2018 at 11:59 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/simpsons-confirm-apu-leave-2394238

The Simpsons have confirmed that controversial character Apu will be cut out of future episodes.

The long-running show has come under fire for it’s depiction of Kwik-E-Mart owner Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, with viewers complaining that the character promotes racist stereotypes of people of Indian and Asian descent.

Ridiculous. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. 

• Like 1

This type of stuff is gonna kill art. Tv and film makers, musicians, authors, they're going to be too scared to just create art. Too conscience of social backlash. Thinking if this is right or too much or will they called out. Pandering to a certain side. I don't say this just because of the Simpsons, I've seen it in the other mediums too. Damn shame. Art is a beautiful thing and I hate to see it get handcuffed and diluted down. Smh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J Dog said:

This type of stuff is gonna kill art. Tv and film makers, musicians, authors, they're going to be too scared to just create art. Too conscience of social backlash. Thinking if this is right or too much or will they called out. Pandering to a certain side. I don't say this just because of the Simpsons, I've seen it in the other mediums too. Damn shame. Art is a beautiful thing and I hate to see it get handcuffed and diluted down. Smh. 

Calling post-season-8 Zombie Simpsons "art" isn't great for art either :lol:

16 minutes ago, soon said:

It was just a joke about the downfall of The Simpsons :shrugs: Sheesh, people are so sensitive.

Oh I knew it was a joke, and I'm far from sensitive. It was a hint that I don't wanna joke with you like that is all.

• 3 weeks later...