2013 Death Pool Draft

Lithium

Another year has almost passed, which means that it is time for Anything Goes' beloved tradition. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the 2013 edition of the Death Pool Draft!

2012 has been a year where two legendary people passed away - Etta James and Jon Lord. What they have in common is that they were both musicians, in addition to being the only celebrities on our drafts. Jon Lord gave Binge and Slash 29 points, and he will be our 2012 winner unless another participant can cross someone off their list before New Year's. I would also like to say rest in peace to both Etta and Jon. They were both excellent musicians that brought a lot of joy in people's lives.

Here are the rules:
Every participant picks ten - 10 - celebrities that they think will die in 2013.
If any of the celebrities you have picked die, you take the age that they died at and subtract it from 100, and that's the amount of points that you will get. At the end of 2013, your points will be added and the person with the most points wins.
You are not allowed to pick someone over the age of 100.
You are allowed to change your list as many times as you'd like until January 1st, 2013. When the clock hits midnight on New Year's Eve, your current draft will be the one you must use in this competition.

The one with the most points at the end of the year will win a nice, hefty sum of bragging rights.

STANDINGS (updated 12/5):
1. Powerage5 (167)

2. bacardimayne (72)

3. Orsys (66)

4. Lithium (60)

5. chevelle (58)

6. TheDiceMan (55)

7. Getizzyback (19)

8. Nobody's_Fault (18)
9. Georgy Zhukov (13)

10. Use Your Delusion 1 (5)

Edited by Powerage5

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1. Ingvar Kamprad - Founder of IKEA. Old as hell.

2. Edward Furlong - I've no idea what shape he's in, but I saw some picture of him recently where he looked really awful.

3. Lindsay Lohan - Well, duh

4. Macaulay Culkin - Sad how fucked up this guy has become.

5. Muhammed Ali - Old and ugly.

6. Keith Richards - It got to happen some day.

7. Ozzy Osbourne - Same as Richards.

8. Peter Doherty - I think he'll die soon.

9. Nichole Richie - No idea about how she's doing either, but I remember reading headlines that she was doing drugs and saw pictures of her some years ago. She'll generate high points if she dies, as she's so young.

10. Tony Iommi

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

1. Ingvar Kamprad - Founder of IKEA. Old as hell.

2. Edward Furlong - I've no idea what shape he's in, but I saw some picture of him recently where he looked really awful.

3. Lindsay Lohan - Well, duh

4. Macaulay Culkin - Sad how fucked up this guy has become.

5. Muhammed Ali - Old and ugly.

6. Keith Richards - It got to happen some day.

7. Ozzy Osbourne - Same as Richards.

8. Peter Doherty - I think he'll die soon.

9. Nichole Richie - No idea about how she's doing either, but I remember reading headlines that she was doing drugs and saw pictures of her some years ago. She'll generate high points if she dies, as she's so young.

10. Ingmar Stenmark - Famous Swedish ski star. Old.

good call on edward furlong. i dont think he will be around much longer he almost overdosed on heroin a few years ago, he is constantly doing drugs and drinking last i heard he was in jail for domestic abuse.

1. tony iommi

2. hugh hefner

3. ozzy osbourne

4. nancy reagan

5. flava flav

6. bob barker

7. betty white

8. billy graham

9. lindsay lohan

10.michael douglas

:max:

I'll post my list in a bit...gotta think about it...

I've thought of a bit of a snag with this - with the new forum upgrade came the option to not add the "edited by..." info in an edited post...how will we make sure no one edits after January 1st with this new option?

"Edited by" still appears does it not?

edit: yes

I'll add a list.

1. Nelson Mandela

2. Henry McCullough (Wings guitarist)

3. Muhammad Ali

4. Fidel Castro

5. Stan Lee

6. Zsa Zsa Gabor

7. Christopher Lloyd

8. Roger Moore

9. Margaret Thatcher

10. Scott Hall

Ah, maybe it's only a moderator function :shrugs: I have a check box that asks if you want to display the "edited by" line, underneath the text box at the full edit screen.

I'll try this again (forgot last year) I'll put on my first list now in case I forget again.....

01. Burt Reynolds
02. Zsa Zsa Gabor (thought she was already dead)
03. Britney Spears
04. Jimmy Carter
05. Bill Murray
06. George Jones
07. Willie Nelson (think he's still alive, is he 100 yet?)
08. Mary Tyler Moore
09. Don Rickles (hurry up with that Toy Story 4)
10. Nancy Reagan