2013 Death Pool Draft

Lithium

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should totally do this for money next year. At my last job people used to pay a couple of pounds a week into the pot and at the end the one with the most deaths took the lot. One of the guys won about £2000 and couldn't tell his wife where the money came from as his big winner was Pope John Paul and she was a staunch catholic. :lol: What do people reckon? Could maybe get one of the mods to manage an escrow account to keep it all fair and above board?

If we played this for money we wouldn't be allowing somebody to pick the bass player from the Deftones. I barely consider the lead singer to be a celebrity.

PS - Sorry if I offended anyone. I know my comment was in poor taste, but this is the Death Pool Thread, so I figured no one would get upset.

Edited by Randy Lahey

If we played this for money we wouldn't be allowing somebody to pick the bass player from the Deftones. I barely consider the lead singer to be a celebrity.

PS - Sorry if I offended anyone. I know my comment was in poor taste, but this is the Death Pool Thread, so I figured no one would get upset.

I agree.

The way we did it was to have a list of celebrities and they were allocated at random so you couldn't pick your own but also everybody had different people (two each I think). Effectively it was the first death wins the pot.

Chi Cheng

George Bush Sr.

Larry King

B.B. King

Chuck Berry

Stan Lee

Christopher Lee

Mic Todd

Tony Bennet

Tony Iommi

+58 points.

Big time score, but it only takes chevelle into 6th place with how active the game is this year.

EDIT: Lithium - did you edit the standings? I just went to do it, and chevelle was on there with 42 points, but no one else on his list has died...:huh:

If it's any consolation, someone at 42 is big points.

I think it says something about me that my first thought when I saw the news was "fuck, that's terrible" and my second was "well, at least I had him in my death pool".

My first thought is usually either "Good thing I put them", or "fuck, they were worth x points" :lol:

I agree.

I don't disagree, but to play devil's advocate how would we determine who is a big enough celebrity? The best way I can think of is use the stiffs.com (The biggest pay-to-play death pool) celebrity list :shrugs:

EDIT: Lithium - did you edit the standings? I just went to do it, and chevelle was on there with 42 points, but no one else on his list has died... :huh:

Yeah, I just mixed up Cheng's age and the number of points.

I don't disagree, but to play devil's advocate how would we determine who is a big enough celebrity? The best way I can think of is use the stiffs.com (The biggest pay-to-play death pool) celebrity list :shrugs:

I like doing it the way we have always done it.

EDIT: Lithium - did you edit the standings? I just went to do it, and chevelle was on there with 42 points, but no one else on his list has died... :huh:

Yeah, I just mixed up Cheng's age and the number of points.

>I don't disagree, but to play devil's advocate how would we determine who is a big enough celebrity? The best way I can think of is use the stiffs.com (The biggest pay-to-play death pool) celebrity list :shrugs:

I like doing it the way we have always done it.

No worries, in doing all the math I just realized I gave you and Diceman double points for Tatcher too :lol:

Every time someone dies, I'm editing the strikethrough into the original post from now on.

Why is Axl Rose on a lot of lists? Is he ill? Does he live such a crazy life that he's destine to die young? Yes, 50's is young compared to people living to their 80's and over nowadays.

I would think Steven Adler would die first before Axl.

Lindsey Lohan, obviously.

I really don't think much about who's going to die in 2013. If I like them, I feel bad but if they've lived a full long life than it's easier to accept, but if someone dies and you don't expect it, it's sadder.

I think Axl will live a long life well into his 80's and still be rocking!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try this again (forgot last year) I'll put on my first list now in case I forget again.....

01. Burt Reynolds

02. Zsa Zsa Gabor (thought she was already dead)

03. Britney Spears

04. Jimmy Carter

05. Bill Murray

06. George Jones

07. Willie Nelson (think he's still alive, is he 100 yet?)

08. Mary Tyler Moore

09. Don Rickles (hurry up with that Toy Story 4)

10. Nancy Reagan

+19 points

1. Hugo Chavez

2. Jeff Hanneman

3. Edward Furlong

4. Ian McKellen

5. Clive Burr

6. Stephen Hawking

7. Muhammad Ali

8. Annette Funicello

9. Hillary Clinton

10. George H. W. Bush

+51 points.

RIP Jeff :(

First posted updated with current standings.

Shit, you're too good at this game.

This year is the first time I've had an undisputed lead :tongue2: In '09 I called Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayze, and Les Paul, and managed to lose by one point. Then I didn't score again until Etta James died last year.

1. Hugo Chavez

2. Jeff Hanneman

3. Edward Furlong

4. Ian McKellen

5. Clive Burr

6. Stephen Hawking

7. Muhammad Ali

8. Annette Funicello

9. Hillary Clinton

10. George H. W. Bush

+51 points.

RIP Jeff :(

First posted updated with current standings.

Did you kill them?