NOV 20th 2011 - Wilkes Barre, PA @ Mohegan Sun Arena

The Real McCoy

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so is anybody familiar with the area? I want to get there around 2, where should I park if parking doesn't open until 5:30? Also is anybody still planning on meeting up together in line?

Being that I was born and raised there, I'm kind of familiar with it... :lol:

Like I said, the 5:30 opening time for the parking lot MIGHT be wrong. My friend that works at the arena didn't think that sounded right.

Wal-Mart and a strip mall are right across the street (Starbucks...never a bad thing.)

Lucky's Sportshouse is right down the road with a view of the parking lot so that you can keep tabs on what's going on.

I can't imagine the lot opening only an hour before the doors do...as far as I know, they've NEVER done that.

In this case, the earlier...the better.

See you in line and on the rail.

Then I need to be there by 2. Front row!

You can fit PLENTY of people on the barrier, at least 60 or so. Judging by past shows, I'd say anytime before 4:30 and you're definitely gonna be fine. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna be hanging out in line fairly early regardless. Definitely looking forward to hanging with ya'all. I'll most likely have my GNR hoodie on, so I'll be easy to spot.

Then I need to be there by 2. Front row!

You can fit PLENTY of people on the barrier, at least 60 or so. Judging by past shows, I'd say anytime before 4:30 and you're definitely gonna be fine. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna be hanging out in line fairly early regardless. Definitely looking forward to hanging with ya'all. I'll most likely have my GNR hoodie on, so I'll be easy to spot.

I'd probably be there before 3 if I wasn't bringing people with me; they're both excited to get on the barrier, but neither is as seasoned a concert veteran as me, so I don't wanna make the wait too unbearable for them. In Hamilton last year I got there 2 and a half before doors and I was 15-20 back in line, so I think all of us from here will be fine to get on the barrier Sunday night! B)

Doesn't lining up and waiting around all day kind of spoil the show for you? It just seems a bit nerdy.

I personally love it. It's totally worth being at the barrier; there's nothing else like it. An 8 hour wait for Maiden is a walk in the park for me, it's cool to spend time queueing with fans you know, and of course meeting new fans too.

I'd probably be there before 3 if I wasn't bringing people with me; they're both excited to get on the barrier, but neither is as seasoned a concert veteran as me, so I don't wanna make the wait too unbearable for them. In Hamilton last year I got there 2 and a half before doors and I was 15-20 back in line, so I think all of us from here will be fine to get on the barrier Sunday night! B)

A seasoned vet would show up at around 10 pm, buy some merch and beers, and then make their way to the floor. Honestly, it's not that hard to get up close at Guns shows. This isn't 1991.

Edited by ITW 2012

Doesn't lining up and waiting around all day kind of spoil the show for you? It just seems a bit nerdy.

I personally love it. It's totally worth being at the barrier; there's nothing else like it. An 8 hour wait for Maiden is a walk in the park for me, it's cool to spend time queueing with fans you know, and of course meeting new fans too.

Yep. This.

A seasoned vet would show up at around 10 pm, buy some merch and beers, and then make their way to the floor. Honestly, it's not that hard to get up close at Guns shows. This isn't 1991.

Respect. I'm not gonna push my way up to the front when those people have been waiting all day.

Respect. I'm not gonna push my way up to the front when those people have been waiting all day.

Yeah...I don't want to be a jerk about it.

I'll grab some lunch and chill in line...it's gonna be near 60 (small chance of rain), so it's not gonna be a big deal to wait in line.

Yep. This.

I'd rather just hang out with other fans at the bar before the show.

Yep. This.

I'd rather just hang out with other fans at the bar before the show.

I'll try to get to Lucky's beforehand, but I'm gonna catch as much of the Cowboys / Redskins game as I can before I leave for the show.

Edited by The Real McCoy

Why let keeners ruin a good rock and roll party? Being up front is alright, but after awhile it's nice to drop back and listen.