NOV 20th 2011 - Wilkes Barre, PA @ Mohegan Sun Arena

The Real McCoy

Hey Guys,

First Guns N Roses concert for me and I have pit tickets. I was wondering if you guys can help me out. Few questions I have is if you want the front and center what is the best time to get there? I'm assuming between 2:00-3:00. Also while we are waiting in line can we bring chairs and stuff and when the doors open just throw the chair away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and any additional advice for a first time Guns n Roses concert would be great. Thanks!

2:00 might be TOO early...the parking lot might not even be open by then.

But yeah, I've never really seen anyone be hassled by anyone for anything while in line there.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

First Guns N Roses concert for me and I have pit tickets. I was wondering if you guys can help me out. Few questions I have is if you want the front and center what is the best time to get there? I'm assuming between 2:00-3:00. Also while we are waiting in line can we bring chairs and stuff and when the doors open just throw the chair away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and any additional advice for a first time Guns n Roses concert would be great. Thanks!

2:00 might be TOO early...the parking lot might not even be open by then.

But yeah, I've never really seen anyone be hassled by anyone for anything while in line there.

Thanks I wanted to bring a few things that way while I'm waiting in line I can at least sit down

Hey Guys,

You don't need to be there any earlier than 3 I wouldn't say.

currently on the bus into town at the moment, lol. Checking in at my hotel (days inn) and then prob just having a quiet night with the gf. We were thinking about pregaming at Luckys tomorrow and then maybe drinking a little in the parking lot, if anyone wants to join us. Hopefully this show is on par with the east rutherford show!

I got to East Rutherford at eleven. The second person was there by twelve. As for chairs, you can bring them and then run to your car an hour before the show starts. No one will give you shit about leaving the line. Trust me, the second guy in line at East Rutherford actually left and drove to Dunkin Donuts a mile away to get some coffee. When he came back, everyone was cool about letting him back in his spot.

I got to East Rutherford at eleven. The second person was there by twelve. As for chairs, you can bring them and then run to your car an hour before the show starts. No one will give you shit about leaving the line. Trust me, the second guy in line at East Rutherford actually left and drove to Dunkin Donuts a mile away to get some coffee. When he came back, everyone was cool about letting him back in his spot.

Good to know. I'm going to do that with my chairs. Thanks for the info.

For those who missed my post in the other thread there are some good links with information for the arena and area.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=179138&view=findpost&p=2933731

Also, if you are coming from out of town and never had "Old Forge Pizza" head over here and try it out.

Revello’s Old Forge Pizza located at section 106

Old Forge Pizza

Hot Porketta Sandwiches

Homemade Cannoli

Edited by ShawnFromPa

Phew, it's been a hell of a morning. One of the people that was going with me backed out at 10 this morning, because she was too sick to even drive the 15 minutes to our apartment. So, I've been frantically trying to find someone who could take her ticket, made even more complicated by the fact that there is a wind ensemble concert today that most of my friends are involved in. Luckily, I've found someone, and we'll be leaving as soon as my roommate gets out of the violin recital he's required to attend, should be on our way around noon. I'll be wearing the shirt with the red outline of the current GN'R logo on the front, and the Asia/Canada tour dates on the back. May have on a beige coat covered in patches on too if it's cold. You guys are welcome to come say hi to me if you'd like, I'm excited to meet some more forum members in real life! B)

Phew, it's been a hell of a morning. One of the people that was going with me backed out at 10 this morning, because she was too sick to even drive the 15 minutes to our apartment. So, I've been frantically trying to find someone who could take her ticket, made even more complicated by the fact that there is a wind ensemble concert today that most of my friends are involved in. Luckily, I've found someone, and we'll be leaving as soon as my roommate gets out of the violin recital he's required to attend, should be on our way around noon. I'll be wearing the shirt with the red outline of the current GN'R logo on the front, and the Asia/Canada tour dates on the back. May have on a beige coat covered in patches on too if it's cold. You guys are welcome to come say hi to me if you'd like, I'm excited to meet some more forum members in real life! B)

I'll try to find you guys, I might just start yelling out "MYGNR" or something lol.

I'll be with 3 of my other friends. We are driving 3 and a half hours to the show (leaving in about an hour from here). I'll be wearing the shirt I got from the Hamilton, ON show last year. It has all the Canadian dates on the back.

Wonder what parking will be like? It was free in East Rutherford.

It was free in Hartford too. I didn't know bands had control over what, if anything, to charge for parking. Seems like GNR does, props to them for not charging a dime.

$10

I'll be wearing the shirt with the new tour logo on the front with the LLAS logo on it. Should get there around 2:30.

if we park at wal-mart and walk down think we will get towed?

yes im a cheap bastard $10 is ten dollars

ok so i wont be alone.. is stix the sports bar inside the arenea going to be open? giants eagle game on sun night

Edited by tomc102968