Guns N' Rubs - Canadian massage therapist tends to Axl Rose

Jackie Moon

SASKATOON Some parents dread the day their child falls in with the wrong crowd the rebels, the dopers, the drop outs but what happens when your daughter goes on tour with one of the world's biggest rock stars?

Cornelia Tan, who works at Saskatoon's Pro Sport Rehab and Fitness, toured with Guns N' Roses across Canada as frontman Axl Rose's personal massage therapist.

Next week, Tan joins the band again for a month-long tour in South America.

"My dad had his concerns, for sure," said Tan.

Tan's parents hadn't heard of Guns N' Roses, but once they Googled the band, revealing its notorious hard partying past, they had some questions.

"This isn't the Guns N' Roses of the Appetite for Destruction days," said Clyde Bersky, Tan's boyfriend who joined her for the Canadian dates. "The fans are rowdier than the band."

Tan, 33, has worked at Pro Sport, her first job out of school, for about two years. She's worked with several high-profile acts that have played Credit Union Centre, including The Eagles.

On Jan. 19, she set up a massage table in a backstage room at CUC and waited for her latest client, Axl Rose.

The 47-year-old singer/songwriter of Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child o' Mine and Paradise City is known for his physical performances he ran and jumped across five stage platforms for almost three hours in Saskatoon.

Eighteen years ago, Rose told Rolling Stone magazine he has chiropractors and massage therapists on call while touring.

"I work with a massage therapist, because I put a lot of stress in my lower back, and with what I do onstage, there's a lot of rebuilding that has to be done," he told the magazine.

Tan usually works with Rose before a concert. She said she has a style of massage therapy that works well for rehabilitation.

"I'm strong and I treat with strength," she said. "I work at a slower pace, which allows me to work deep without causing pain."

She travelled with the band to Regina, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax and Moncton. Next month she's off to the slightly more exotic cities of Bogota, Buenos Aires, Santiago, and San Paulo.

Tan and her boyfriend of 2 1/2 years travelled like any member of the band: they slept on tour buses travelling between cities, stayed in posh hotels and were transported to concert venues by limo.

The backstage rock-n-roll excess has been replaced by television and pancakes.

Though Rose has been characterized as a moody, unpredictable artist, Tan said he's always been cordial with a great sense of humour.

On the massage table, he's just another client with knotty shoulders.

"(At first) I was excited, definitely curious about my client," said Tan.

"But I had to approach the job as if he was any other client."

Source

nice to see axl buys canadian. also he is nice? pssh whats that all about . axl is supposed to be evil. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jackie Moon

Everybody shut the fuck up. This thread was posted by the official news reporter and is therefore the official thread for the Guns N' Rubs news. The other one is unofficial. This was a rumor until the news reporter posted it.

easy there tiger. i should have linked the offical thread to use your illusions discussion thread, my mistake but , come on, the gold medal game is on. which reminds me, why the fuck am i posting here.

lol she is 30 years old and her parents are worried about her working for Guns N' Roses

damn, when are people gonna grow up

Parents who actually give a shit about their kids never stop worrying.

I am going to have to agree with you on that, I am a parent of 2, when they grow up I will always be worried.

lol she is 30 years old and her parents are worried about her working for Guns N' Roses

damn, when are people gonna grow up

Parents who actually give a shit about their kids never stop worrying.

I am going to have to agree with you on that, I am a parent of 2, when they grow up I will always be worried.

If my daughter were working for Axl Rose, I´d be there while she is working, with a gun and a knife in my hands... :rofl-lol:

Love the fact that Axl tours with Chiropractors... cuz I am a Doctor of chiropractic. I met Axls touring Chiro when I was in school in Iowa. The guy came to campus and told us about touring in 91/92 with the band. He was put on retainer by the band and toured the world with them

Metallicas Chiropractors also came to campus twice when Metallica played in Moline. You bet your ass I'd tour with a band.

Love the fact that Axl tours with Chiropractors... cuz I am a Doctor of chiropractic. I met Axls touring Chiro when I was in school in Iowa. The guy came to campus and told us about touring in 91/92 with the band. He was put on retainer by the band and toured the world with them

Metallicas Chiropractors also came to campus twice when Metallica played in Moline. You bet your ass I'd tour with a band.

me too. they don't always put them on retainer though. the guy in auburn hills in 06 was really not a good representative of our profession. he was frumpy and out of shape. his attitude sucked. the venue called him a couple of hours before the show out of the yellow pages. he never saw Axl (thank god), didn't even know who was in the band (might be nice to look that up before showing up to work). he just happy that they gave him a couple free tickets for his kids. he had rather extensive paper work that we wanted them to fill out prior to getting adjusted as well. gimme a break.

most of the people that get adjusted are the crew.

the RMT on the other hand (Lynn somebody) was professional, well dressed, and actually did work on Axl.

I was backstage (not working...just as a guest) and spoke to them both.

Steve Thaxton though is a stand up guy. He went to Parker (like me). I've actually got a couple of flyers from him that they were passing on about Chiropractic and touring at the Toronto Show from that 91/92 tour.