Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

Logic dictates someone who leaks a song knows nothing about the inner workings of the band, especially because he said he got the leaks from a friend of Fernando, that would be even more silly, the friend clearly wouldn't know shit if it were true. I caution all of you, MSL is lying plain and simple, you have no reason to believe him other than the fact he gave you songs, thats all you got, that for me does not make me like him or believe he has inside info...

Anyway fuck it, have fun with his imaginary release date...

GUnsguy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes a guy who leaks a track an insider?

I can say CD is releasing Dec 26th/08, now I could be right, Or I could be pulling the date outta my ass, you guys shoot everyone down including Ax himself yet believe in this guy? That is very fucked up IMO, all he did was leak a track, no sources before, all of a sudden hes insider? ppfffttt.

Gunsguy

Remember when Jarmo said he had inside information that CD was being released in November 2006?

I hope MSL is right...

hey even Axl was wrong with his predicted release date, which means that no one could know it , not mysteron, not me, not Axl, and defiantly NOT MSL, believe the makeup date if you like youll see again that is is bs. I honestly think MSL want Axl to rant on him during the next tour, this is why he is causing this shit, he want attention, even bad press is good press remember that...

Gunsguy

You are one to talk Gunsguy. MSL has 100X the credibility that you ever did.

Right cause everything he said came true right? Oh wait he just said all this shit, I forgot, remember he is just the person who leaked a track, that does not mean he knows anything people. I at least gave up my source, so whats his source? A friend of a friend of fernando? LOL thats hilarious

huh?

Gunsguy

You gave up your source after your information proved to be bad in an attempt to cover your ass.

Until I'm proven wrong, I'll choose to believe MSL. He seems like an objective dude, which is more than I can say from other people who always seem to become GNR camp bitches eventually. Plus all of the things he talks about make sense. The billboard story coming basically right after the leaks to take away the attention. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I can say CD is releasing Dec 26th/08, now I could be right, Or I could be pulling the date outta my ass, you guys shoot everyone down including Ax himself yet believe in this guy? That is very fucked up IMO, all he did was leak a track, no sources before, all of a sudden hes insider? ppfffttt.

Gunsguy

Remember when Jarmo said he had inside information that CD was being released in November 2006?

I hope MSL is right...

hey even Axl was wrong with his predicted release date, which means that no one could know it , not mysteron, not me, not Axl, and defiantly NOT MSL, believe the makeup date if you like youll see again that is is bs. I honestly think MSL want Axl to rant on him during the next tour, this is why he is causing this shit, he want attention, even bad press is good press remember that...

Gunsguy

Right cause everything he said came true right? Oh wait he just said all this shit, I forgot, remember he is just the person who leaked a track, that does not mean he knows anything people. I at least gave up my source, so whats his source? A friend of a friend of fernando? LOL thats hilarious

huh?

Gunsguy

You gave up your source after your information proved to be bad in an attempt to cover your ass.

Ok you win so, having said that, I did give him up, and I did have a source and I would have never givin him up iof he haden't been fired. It was not an attempt to cover my ass, its no different then MSL claiming that he is told thing, I was told things, I gave him up not to cover my ass but to prove I had a source. Knowing what happened with me you all should tread carefully when you put faith in someone that is claiming things...

The blueprint for this was written years ago, might not have been rockband 2 but they weanted to do something that no rock band had done before, rockband 2 with a single from a forthcoming album seems to fit the slate no? Maybe my source knew something just not exactly this, I mean if you go back to when I said that there had been no single issued on any game from any band before a release of an album, right? now Motley crue did it already, now they did but not back then, does this make sence?

Gunsguy

Edited by gunsguy

Gunsguy

I hope MSL is right...

Gunsguy

huh?

Gunsguy

MSL was crafty enough to get us actual songs. What makes you think that him getting new information is so unlikely? The fact that Beta, Fernando, and Mysteron are speaking badly about MSL only adds to his credability. I'd be less inclined to believe MSL if the GNR camp ignored him but obviously they are trying to shut him up. Somebody even removed the topic where we were talking about his latest news.

Gunsguy

I hope MSL is right...

Gunsguy

huh?

Gunsguy

MSL was crafty enough to get us actual songs. What makes you think that him getting new information is so unlikely? The fact that Beta, Fernando, and Mysteron are speaking badly about MSL only adds to his credability. I'd be less inclined to believe MSL if the GNR camp ignored him but obviously they are trying to shut him up. Somebody even removed the topic where we were talking about his latest news.

sure they are after all he openly admitted he was leaker of said tracks, no one has done that before

Threads about rumours should not be everyday things, if everyone posted a new thread about a rumour this place would go to hell very fast, and not to mention he aint here so why promote him?

Gunsguy

Edited by gunsguy

Gunsguy

I hope MSL is right...

Gunsguy

huh?

Gunsguy

Ok you win so, having said that, I did give him up, and I did have a source and I would have never givin him up iof he haden't been fired. It was not an attempt to cover my ass, its no different then MSL claiming that he is told thing, I was told things, I gave him up not to cover my ass but to prove I had a source. Knowing what happened with me you all should tread carefully when you put faith in someone that is claiming things...

Gunsguy

I understand why you're weary, and your source was supposed to be credible, I just feel like the ways in which you both retrieve your information are different. You had direct contact with somebody who had no reason to give you any information other than you were a fan, so he basically told you what you wanted to hear. (I could be completely wrong about that, but that's impression I got). MSL has played himself against the band and because of that is now receiving information from everyone who has/had a grievance or a motive, even though his "source" may not be as credible as band management, I feel like the information itself may have more truth behind it.

well I do agree that MSL definitely seems like he is an attention seeker....he likes all this attention from those on the board and those within the GNR community attacking him...

whether the story is legit or not?? who knows?? it could be...it might not...some of it makes sense...but it could all just be well worded speculation in the end.....time will tell if its true or not....november 25 is 3 months away....shacklers is out in a couple weeks....well see if theres movement in the GNR camp....

^ Plus, this rumored release date (Nov. 25th) is really going out on a limb, eh? The Tuesday of Thanksgiving week with Black Friday, the biggest retail day of the year just 3 days later. Stunning news. :rolleyes:

That said, I'm no insider, but hello! of course that's the best possible day for CD's release. Get a kick-ass commercial ad promo like the one Bono had a few years back and this thing will be a fucking monster, guaranteed.

Good, then don't buy Chinese Democracy if that's where it comes out! Too Fucking bad for you!

If it is a Walmart exclusive I will find alternate methods of buying it. It's called sticking to your beliefs. Walmart has a horrible double standard when it comes to censorship.

Fair enough, I'm not a fan of the censorshop either, but I'd still buy it there if that's where it came out first. There actually isn't any cursing on the leaks we've heard so far (except for 1 Fuck in Rhiad), so it really wouldn't be that big of deal assuming the songs we haven't heard don't have any cursing. Although I'll admit, I hope there's a few more four letter words on the album! ha, to spice it up a little.

yea axl seems to know the best places to add in curse words lol. I wonder if they would even take out "masturbation" in the song chinese democracy. I havent bought a cd in so long that has been edited so I don't know what they leave in and leave out nowadays.

I could see the word "cocaine" being edited from T.W.A.T. It seems like direct drug references are being edited out of songs lately. I remember hearing Buck Cherry's Lit Up on FM radio a few years back and "cocaine" was distorted.

I've never really understood the Wal*Mart policy of editing music. You can still buy R rated movies there that are not edited.

I believe this is still part of the whole idea that music has hidden messages, as long as they are hidden its bad, but you can buy a movie that has multiple swear words and shootings murder, rape etc, thats ok :P

We'll know the release date is close when we have a full album leak. Someone at a pressing plant is going home with one tucked in their drawers. Only after a full album leak will I believe any release date

yeah and when it does leak and its released each and every one of us better buy the thing, if you dont have a best buy near you, I will set something up for you to order online without credit card, I will try and work with others to make this happen, there can be no excuses, buy the album

Gunsguy

Edited by gunsguy

I personally don't take everything MSL has said to be the absolute truth from an insider, but so far, he's been extremely credible, and on top of that, there's nothing else to go on, and I see no reason why not to believe him at the minute. I'm rooting for November 25th. Let's hope you were right MSL.

yeah and when it does leak and its released each and every one of us better buy the thing, if you dont have a best buy near you, I will set something up for you to order online without credit card, I will try and work with others to make this happen, there can be no excuses, buy the album

Gunsguy

That sounds like a con.

Who gives a shit whether people buy it or not? I don't blame people for not buying it. It would be karmic retribution for how badly this band has treated its fans over the years if people didn't buy it. Of course most of us on this board will buy it no matter what.

Back on topic. MSL's release date is just as reliable as any other date we've had over the years. At least it is not a lie, a promise, or a guarantee release date.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Gunsguy

That sounds like a con.

Who gives a shit whether people but it or not? I don't blame people for not buying it. It would be karmic retribution for how badly this band has treated its fans over the years if people didn't buy it. Of course most of us on this board will buy it no matter what.

Back on topic. MSL's release date is just as reliable as any other date we've had over the years. At least it is not a lie, a promise, or a guarantee release date.

I agree! I mean fuck, it better come out this year! Seeing as how the plan was to have it out by the end of the year, 2 years ago...

Gunsguy

That sounds like a con.

Who gives a shit whether people but it or not? I don't blame people for not buying it. It would be karmic retribution for how badly this band has treated its fans over the years if people didn't buy it. Of course most of us on this board will buy it no matter what.

Well I think alot of people dont have credit cards, I dont have to no con here, just thought it would help if the rumour of best buy or wal-mart is true, a great number of people here dislike or dont have access to those stores, no conning, anyway forget it I dont want to make it seem like con, just borrow a credit card and buy it online if you can,,.

Just buy the album, more to send the record company the message that good music sells, rather than lining Axl's pockets if that is wwhat you mean...

Gunsguy

I have been dealing with MSL for a little while, and he seems to me to be very honest and forthright in his explanations of things...We had an hour long conversation on the phone last night for example where he really kind of swung me on a few things...He really takes the time when asked to break things down step by step to give whoever he is talking to a better idea of the who, what, when, where, and why as far as the information he is giving.

We as GNR fans certainly have a right to be skeptical about the information we are given, considering the overall circumstances, but if you were to actually discuss these issues with him personally....well....i'm pretty sure it would open your mind a bit...

Just sayin...

Edited by tippin

What MSL is stating is no secret, and is not "breaking-exclusive news"-- it is just reading between the lines. Those with even a slight understanding of the industry and business could figure out what MSL reported. He is just applying logic, with a few facts, and re-hashing some banter he picked up on industry message-boards. Before I even finished reading Billboard's story Saturday, I knew this was a business move with intentions to create a bidding war. Pretty simple stuff. It does not take a brain surgeon to figure out that the labels heavy-hitters are released just prior to "black Friday" (biggest shopping day of the year after Thanksgiving). It would be a great idea having this album sitting at Best Buy with millions of Americans rummaging through the store looking for DVD players, TV's, computers, and games for X-mas.

Exactly...

I have been dealing with MSL for a little while, and he seems to me to be very honest and forthright in his explanations of things...We had an hour long conversation on the phone last night for example where he really kind of swung me on a few things...He really takes the time when asked to break things down step by step to give whoever he is talking to a better idea of the who, what, when, where, and why as far as the information he is giving.

We as GNR fans certainly have a right to be skeptical about the information we are given, considering the overall circumstances, but if you were to actually discuss these issues with him personally....well....i'm pretty sure it would open your mind a bit...

Just sayin...

I am sure he does explain things well--he likes to talk, especially about himself and his escapades. I am sure he has sources. I am sure those sources--who would only need an amateur understanding of capitalism, the music industry, and 5th grade reading comprehension skills--told him what they thought was going on. I am also quite certain, that he has exposed himself to being the butt of a "con" job or "joke". I find him entertaining, and have no ill will against him.

Just sayin...

Fair enough...Switching gears for a sec...can you guys honestly say that if you put SR into rotation at your local hard rock station, that it doesn't measure up well against the other current music being played? I think it blows it away...

Just sayin...

I am sure he does explain things well--he likes to talk, especially about himself and his escapades. I am sure he has sources. I am sure those sources--who would only need an amateur understanding of capitalism, the music industry, and 5th grade reading comprehension skills--told him what they thought was going on. I am also quite certain, that he has exposed himself to being the butt of a "con" job or "joke". I find him entertaining, and have no ill will against him.

Just sayin...

Fair enough...Switching gears for a sec...can you guys honestly say that if you put SR into rotation at your local hard rock station, that it doesn't measure up well against the other current music being played? I think it blows it away...

Yeah listen to your favorite rock station for about 1/2 hour at the last song put on SR, then back to the radio, its clear that it kills anything else out right now for sure, my friends have said this and my family so....

Gunsguy

Just sayin...

Just sayin...

Yeah listen to your favorite rock station for about 1/2 hour at the last song put on SR, then back to the radio, its clear that it kills anything else out right now for sure, my friends have said this and my family so....

Gunsguy

They are going to need some help from us fans initially, imho (calling in/e-mail requesting it). Many of the listeners of modern rock stations are almost willingly brainwashed by the corporate play lists (I cannot tell one band from the next, although all use the Disturbed guitar tuning and similar power chording) and the blow-hard DJ's who lead the pack. It will not only need a few spins to sink in, as it's different (good thing), but also a few people saying "it's cool" to convince the brainwashed masses to follow. Sad but true. Yes, Shackler's, and the other leaks, blow the shit out of what is regurgitated ad nauseam throughout the airwaves.

So with that being said...do you guys honestly think that SR won't be a BIG commercial success as a single? I tend to think that more people will think the way we do about this song than not...I honestly believe that if I had no idea who was singing it, I would immediately take notice and want to hear it again and again...THAT is what will end up making CD a commercial success...as well as what Axl said a while back...."There will be something on there for everyone"...

I know some people don't like the song, and thats fine, but with the compilation of material we have heard...so the fuck what? There will be alot of other music on there to listen to that you WILL like...