Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

So with that being said...do you guys honestly think that SR won't be a BIG commercial success as a single? I tend to think that more people will think the way we do about this song than not...I honestly believe that if I had no idea who was singing it, I would immediately take notice and want to hear it again and again...THAT is what will end up making CD a commercial success...as well as what Axl said a while back...."There will be something on there for everyone"...

I know some people don't like the song, and thats fine, but with the compilation of material we have heard...so the fuck what? There will be alot of other music on there to listen to that you WILL like...

No, I think it will go down like Oh My God 2 if it's the first single. If Axl wasn't singing on it I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I'm allowed to post anything involving MSL since he was banned. If not feel free to delete mods, but he updated his site today. Again, sorry if this isn't allowed, I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything, I just thought it was interesting.

http://mistersaintlaurent.com./

Interesting. I don't think MSL is lying....I'm sure that's the information he was given, whether it's true or not is another story.

The sad part about it is the G N' R camp is so pissed at MSL, mygnr forum members, "downloading mutherfuckers" that now that this news got out (if it's true) they'll probably change the release date just to show us that MSL is not a reliable source.

Edited by Kasanova King

So with that being said...do you guys honestly think that SR won't be a BIG commercial success as a single? I tend to think that more people will think the way we do about this song than not...I honestly believe that if I had no idea who was singing it, I would immediately take notice and want to hear it again and again...THAT is what will end up making CD a commercial success...as well as what Axl said a while back...."There will be something on there for everyone"...

I know some people don't like the song, and thats fine, but with the compilation of material we have heard...so the fuck what? There will be alot of other music on there to listen to that you WILL like...

No, I think it will go down like Oh My God 2 if it's the first single. If Axl wasn't singing on it I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

Randy, What kind of music do you listen to usually? Are you more of a "hard rock" kind of guy? Or do you usually prefer the slower stuff?

I've got a lot of everything on my iPod. I don't like nu-metal though. Disturbed, Linkin Park, and all those other bands aren't my cup of tea. If you took Axl's vocals off Shackler's Dinner and played it to me as an instrumental I wouldn't like it.

I agree with what KK said about MSL's release date.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Not sure if I'm allowed to post anything involving MSL since he was banned. If not feel free to delete mods, but he updated his site today. Again, sorry if this isn't allowed, I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything, I just thought it was interesting.

http://mistersaintlaurent.com./

Interesting. I don't think MSL is lying....I'm sure that's the information he was given, whether it's true or not is another story.

The sad part about it is the G N' R camp is so pissed at MSL, mygnr forum members, "downloading mutherfuckers" that now that this news got out (if it's true) they'll probably change the release date just to show us that MSL is not a reliable source.

That would be madness ... from the GNR CAMP ... ( EVEN FOR THEM )

At this point, acctually, with the release of SR ... I can almost confirm that something is coming.

The record company wouldn't agree to just release a song out of the blue for nothing ... after all this years. It would be a lost MOMENTUM for a release. You would create expectation and loose more faith in this BAND.

Chinese Democracy is finaly coming "SOON " ( I mean, this year ), and since we know about SR, release it in NOVEMBER is what they have to do.

I've got a lot of everything on my iPod. I don't like nu-metal though. Disturbed, Linkin Park, and all those other bands aren't my cup of tea. If you took Axl's vocals off Shackler's Dinner and played it to me as an instrumental I wouldn't like it.

My sentiments exactly.

As what seems to be the first single for Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge will do horrible as a single. Some people will like it off the bat, but from the opinion of douche bag radio DJs and such it'll be quickly dismissed as "This is what we've been waiting 14 years for... this doesn't sound like Appetite for Destruction!"

My sentiments exactly.

As what seems to be the first single for Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge will do horrible as a single. Some people will like it off the bat, but from the opinion of douche bag radio DJs and such it'll be quickly dismissed as "This is what we've been waiting 14 years for... this doesn't sound like Appetite for Destruction!"

I hope not. Shackler's Revenge is a MUCH better song than OMG ever was. It's alot clearer for one and not as industrial. I think it will be just fine....but you're right, hopefully some bitter DJ won't bash it - like they all did for OMG.

My sentiments exactly.

I hope not. Shackler's Revenge is a MUCH better song than OMG ever was. It's alot clearer for one and not as industrial. I think it will be just fine....but you're right, hopefully some bitter DJ won't bash it - like they all did for OMG.

Shackler's Revenge has a much better vocal melody than Oh My God. Musically they aren't that different though. For me it's just the solo and the elephant noise that are really holding it back.

It's nice that MSL was able to deliver a release date for us. I totally believe that Nov 25th is the release date Azoff is gunning for. Hopefully he can close the deal with Best Buy in the next few weeks.

My sentiments exactly.

I honestly don't think the dj's will be saying that shit...I think that will be more for the main stream media, which have nothing to do with one another....We'll see though...

It pisses me off how stupid some of you are , FOR ONE OH MY GOD PEAKED AT 25/40 ON THE MAINSTREEM ROCK CHART FOR 5 WEEKS.

2 - this song is not oh my god , omg isnt that catchy and its clutterd , this song isnt clutterd at all , its disturbed meets guns n roses with a touch of white zombie wich is what poeple like these days , this is NOT made to please you old geeks , its made for teenagers , he doesnt give a shit about you , only the teenagers , and as one i dig this song , its amazing , its alive its not another nightrain.

Id be done with this band if i had another AFD , fuck jungle , no one tells elton john to remake your song on eveyr album and no one tells the killers to come up with another mr brightside , go in another direction and make a song as strong , its called musical diversity and survival.

Axl rose is right for hating you fools , you go to his concerts you may defend him from critics , but your his biggest virus , you cant forget the bygone's, you cant move on from 1988 , if you want that stay in the yesterdays section. fucking nerds.

Edited by Assassin's Creed

Guest gunns5
It pisses me off how stupid some of you are , FOR ONE OH MY GOD PEAKED AT 25/40 ON THE MAINSTREEM ROCK CHART FOR 5 WEEKS.

2 - this song is not oh my god , omg isnt that catchy and its clutterd , this song isnt clutterd at all , its disturbed meets guns n roses with a touch of white zombie wich is what poeple like these days , this is NOT made to please you old geeks , its made for teenagers , he doesnt give a shit about you , only the teenagers , and as one i dig this song , its amazing , its alive its not another nightrain.

Id be done with this band if i had another AFD , fuck jungle , no one tells elton john to remake your song on eveyr album and no one tells the killers to come up with another mr brightside , go in another direction and make a song as strong , its called musical diversity and survival.

Axl rose is right for hating you fools , you go to his concerts you may defend him from critics , but your his biggest virus , you cant forget the bygone's, you cant move on from 1988 , if you want that stay in the yesterdays section. fucking nerds.

All the negative people on this forum (probably upwards of 70% of people) should read that quote and then re read it until it sinks in through their mullets into their brains...

Axl has to adapt with the times, and has to reinvent himself in a way that will appeal to a broader range of people ....

In order to do that, he has to incorporate different influences of music/different styles and approaches

to make every song signature and unique to the new GUNS SOUND

fuck all the mullet wearing pigs who want another afd... It aint going to happen (judging from the leaks so far)

All these songs can be compared to short films, as they all create an atmospheric world with a marrage of guitars,vocals,drums and bass lines that when wrapped together, create a perfect balance of harmony and emotion that is only known as Chinese Democracy.

All the negative people on this forum (probably upwards of 70% of people) should read that quote and then re read it until it sinks in through their mullets into their brains...

Axl has to adapt with the times, and has to reinvent himself in a way that will appeal to a broader range of people ....

In order to do that, he has to incorporate different influences of music/different styles and approaches

to make every song signature and unique to the new GUNS SOUND

fuck all the mullet wearing pigs who want another afd... It aint going to happen (judging from the leaks so far)

All these songs can be compared to short films, as they all create an atmospheric world with a marrage of guitars,vocals,drums and bass lines that when wrapped together, create a perfect balance of harmony and emotion that is only known as Chinese Democracy.

I very much agree with both you guys, except for one part of Assasin's post- that it will be geared toward teenagers. I think you are saying that because the most recent leak is reminicent of... ugh, in your words, Disturbed... while I wouldn't agree with that part either, I can see where you would make the comparrison. With that said, I firmly believe that Shackler's (if that's what it is) will be one of the only songs on the album that sounds the way it does. Don't get me wrong: I absolutely love the song, but I just feel that the rest of the leaks represent music for adults; the mature. We know one thing: Axl has always been about progressing and growing. This is evidenced by the Illusion albums. He, himself said that those were creations made to be representative of their grown; more specifically, growth past the younger-oriented Guns of the Appetite days. Taking this into account, it would be easy to see that Chinese Democracy would be even more "adult" driven than the Illusions. The fact that the music is totally wonderful and outstanding will be what makes it a top-notch album to be respected by music critics. /two cents.

I very much agree with both you guys, except for one part of Assasin's post- that it will be geared toward teenagers. I think you are saying that because the most recent leak is reminicent of... ugh, in your words, Disturbed... while I wouldn't agree with that part either, I can see where you would make the comparrison. With that said, I firmly believe that Shackler's (if that's what it is) will be one of the only songs on the album that sounds the way it does. Don't get me wrong: I absolutely love the song, but I just feel that the rest of the leaks represent music for adults; the mature. We know one thing: Axl has always been about progressing and growing. This is evidenced by the Illusion albums. He, himself said that those were creations made to be representative of their grown; more specifically, growth past the younger-oriented Guns of the Appetite days. Taking this into account, it would be easy to see that Chinese Democracy would be even more "adult" driven than the Illusions. The fact that the music is totally wonderful and outstanding will be what makes it a top-notch album to be respected by music critics. /two cents.

Diversity seems to be the name of the game, so far. We've got lots of different styles, and lots of different musical "themes".

I like it. There's stuff we've heard that's going to appeal to all different types of tastes. Of course, as a result, there's stuff that some people are not going to like,too. That's what the "skip" and/or "fast forward" buttons are for. I'm OK with that.

I think Shackler's IS going to appeal to a specific type of listener (I don't know if I'd classify them all as "teenagers")...and it's exactly the type that seems to mesh with the Rock Band player (I'm one of them). It also seems, IMHO, to be a good fit for the game.

Oh, and to the guy who called all of us fans left from the 80's "old geeks"....fuck you! :) Some of us DO still like (some) current music.....we're not all old fogey's hanging on to "classic rock" from back in our youths.

Edited by pilferk

If what we have heard in the past few days is true, then Shackler's Revenge could simply be an exclusive license for Rockband 2. It will probably be on CD, but it in no way has to be the lead single.

In fact, being that harmonix has the exclusive, I would doubt it gets released to radio or itunes.

Then they can release a proper single in October, if the album is slated for late November.

Amazon

no-img-lg-uk._V45480597_.gif

Chinese Democracy by Guns N' Roses (Audio CD - 2008)

Buy new: £9.98

Available for pre-order. This item will be released on 29 Sep 2008.

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.

Rock Band 2 is out in September, so there's no reason why Chinese Democracy won't be out.

There's alot of reasons Chinese Democracy won't be out. And just about every online site has had dates for CD through the years.