Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole 11/23 WOULD be a great idea if it proves to be true...

Also, I've been thinking about the fact that there's been no official announcement yet. At first I was concerned, but now I wonder if the band is cashing in on the whole mysticism and rumor based history surrounding this album, and may in fact be keeping it that way, as long as they can, up until the day of the release, just to build as much hype as possible around the album. (Hey, it's worked so far.) Then...BOOM, it's released and making headlines everywhere.

It would also be a great way to keep potential "hoarders" from leaking tracks upon what they believe to be a potential imminent release. Just a thought.

Edited by sofine11

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N’ Roses’ long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy’s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Would be smart if true. We'll see!

Isn't Hits Daily Double a pretty reliable source? I know its under "rumor mill", but it seems that they have been right about a lot of things in the past.

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N’ Roses’ long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy’s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Would be smart if true. We'll see!

Isn't Hits Daily Double a pretty reliable source? I know its under "rumor mill", but it seems that they have been right about a lot of things in the past.

yes, hits are an industry site...

This actually makes a ton of sense. I mentioned a few days ago that an exclusive deal would allow them to release it on any day of the week.

Having it drop the day the circular comes out (on Sunday) would create huge buzz for them, and gives them a running start into the big holiday shopping season.

This looks legit!

Chinese Democracy starts now!

(1st time I've said it).

I think it's too well developed to be fake. We already saw the info about the Best Buy exclusive go from pure rumor, hopeful speculation, to being confirmed. I have a feeling we'll see a stronger source report this today...Rolling Stone, Billboard.

Cool.

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Finally Has A Release Date -

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=106510

BLABBERMOUTH, love them or hate them, IS a reliable source and there is no question mark on their post. They take this as confirmation, NOT rumor.

Does CD need the gimmicky release date to ensure a top spot? Why does it matter that it makes #1 on the billboard anyway? Did Axl threaten to kill himself if it didn't?

**I posted this thread because Blabbermouth saying this IS news. If any OFFICIAL confirmation, such as gnr.com, Best Buy etc comes around today, I'll update.**

Edited by illfigja

BLABBERMOUTH, love them or hate them, IS an official source and there is no question mark on their post. They take this as confirmation, NOT rumor.

Yeah, but right at the start of the article it says:

According to Hits Daily Double

I'm not saying this info will turn out to be false, but right now they're all running off the same website as their source, just like Billboard was the source for all those Best Buy Exclusive news articles last month.

BLABBERMOUTH, love them or hate them, IS an official source and there is no question mark on their post. They take this as confirmation, NOT rumor.

Yeah, but right at the start of the article it says:

According to Hits Daily Double

I'm not saying this info will turn out to be false, but right now they're all running off the same website as their source, just like Billboard was the source for all those Best Buy Exclusive news articles last month.

Most Blabbermouth articles start with "according to", it doesn't mean anything either way. Blabbermouth might have pasted the story, or contacted Hits Daily Double to confirm. Regardless, I'm suspecting by the end of the day this will clear itself up.

Does CD need the gimmicky release date to ensure a top spot? Why does it matter that it makes #1 on the billboard anyway? Did Axl threaten to kill himself if it didn't?

Blabbermouth is an official source? Since when? Usually when people refer to an "official source" they mean somebody involved with the band.

This isn't a fucking official source, change the title man. I was expecting a link to either the Best Buy website or the gunsnroses.com, and this is neither, so it's not official.

fair enough, I changed "official" to reliable. But blabbermouth saying that, without a question mark, is VERY reliable. they're putting their balls out on the block.

This isn't a fucking official source, change the title man. I was expecting a link to either the Best Buy website or the gunsnroses.com, and this is neither, so it's not official.

fair enough, I changed "official" to reliable. But blabbermouth saying that, without a question mark, is VERY reliable. they're putting their balls out on the block.

I think you need to read the first sentence of the story a little closer. They are not reporting that CD has a release date, they are reporting to HITS saying that CD has a release date:

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date.

So, if this doesn't pan out, blabbermouth hasnt put anything on the block. They didnt say that the album is coming, they just said that somebody else said that the album is coming.

I think you need to read the first sentence of the story a little closer. They are not reporting that CD has a release date, they are reporting to HITS saying that CD has a release date:

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date.

So, if this doesn't pan out, blabbermouth hasnt put anything on the block. They didnt say that the album is coming, they just said that somebody else said that the album is coming.

I'm not arguing with you but "according to or not. Blabbermouth IS putting them on the block when they present it as fact. Just how I'm getting shit for saying "blabbermouth said . . ."

Edited by illfigja