Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice the following from the new billboard article:

As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23

-The use of the term "set" seems interesting...

3 cds?

No, 1 cd and a set of chopsticks.

Mysteron just posted this on HTGTH
The plan is to release the album on 23rd Nov'.

Nothing is confirmed at this time though.

Easy to say when others posted it before.

Not for nothing, but the guys info has been rock solid in the past. He's come out with Euro tour dates before official announcments, he helped organize the Hammerstein preshow, he's put some mods in contact with management (and not just at HTGTH).

I'm not telling you you HAVE to believe the guy..that's your call.

But he's got a solid track record, decent credentials, and there are numerous GnR board mods who will vouch for his "inside" status.

Again, nothing is official til it's official. But this firms up the "unofficial" word even more, IMHO.

Edited by pilferk

Mysteron just posted this on HTGTH
The plan is to release the album on 23rd Nov'.

Nothing is confirmed at this time though.

Easy to say when others posted it before.

Not for nothing, but the guys info has been rock solid in the past. He's come out with Euro tour dates before official announcments, he helped organize the Hammerstein preshow, he's put some mods in contact with management (and not just at HTGTH).

I'm not telling you you HAVE to believe the guy..that's your call.

But he's got a solid track record, decent credentials, and there are numerous GnR board mods who will vouch for his "inside" status.

Again, nothing is official til it's official. But this firms up the "unofficial" word even more, IMHO.

If you see/read something from him ask him when they gonna start promoting the album. November 23rd is realy close by so if they wanna promote it properly they have to hurry up.

If you see/read something from him ask him when they gonna start promoting the album. November 23rd is realy close by so if they wanna promote it properly they have to hurry up.

He's posting over at HTGTH....head over and ask him.

I did ask him if "soon" is the word on an official announcement....I'll let you know if he responds and what he says.

All Mysteron said was "nothing confirmed." Doesnt mean it's not happening, just means there's been no announcement officially as of yet.

So if it is released, he looks smart for saying it was going to be released.

If it isn't released..well, he looks smart because he said "nothing is confirmed", meaning it could change.

That's how you get a reputation as an "insider".

Mysteron is full of shit in my humble fucking opinion, like all insiders he is vague and when he does talk its obvious to the world anyway

Yeah. I've been pretty skeptical about Mysteron credential's too. At one point little old me was the first person to "announce" Mix Master Mike as the opening act for the 2002 tour. Nobody else had heard it either here or on HTGTH. I was able to convice people that I was an insider because of this. In reality, I had just heard a local DJ mention it.

I don't want to make this a referendum on Mysteron, but I'll ask this:

Someone explain how you know, and post, exact dates, times, and locations of Euro tour dates before they're officially released?

Someone explain how you coordinate a pre-sell, using Ticketmaster, through the band's management without connections to them?

I'm willing to listen to any explanations people come up with, but...I'll be honest...the people who usually insist he's full of shit don't usually know his track record. They can't address specifics, they're just going by the "general feeling" concerning "insiders" in the gnr community. Hell, maybe you've seen instances where he's been REALLY wrong that I've missed.

And Mysteron always hedges with things like "that's the plan". Not because he's trying to be vague, but for two other reasons:

1) Plans do (and have...we know it) change some time.

2) He's not the official mouthpiece of GnR.

Anyway, believe whatever you like. All I ask is that you at least look at the evidence on the table and form an informed opinion.....if you still don't believe him, bully for you.

All Mysteron said was "nothing confirmed." Doesnt mean it's not happening, just means there's been no announcement officially as of yet.

If it isn't released..well, he looks smart because he said "nothing is confirmed", meaning it could change.

As I've said in the past, it was because of him that I got to see GNR 5 times in '06...I don't begrudge the guy, so I'll take this as a positive sign. He won't be the one breaking the news after all.

Edited by oneway23

Mysteron is full of shit in my humble fucking opinion, like all insiders he is vague and when he does talk its obvious to the world anyway

Yeah. I've been pretty skeptical about Mysteron credential's too. At one point little old me was the first person to "announce" Mix Master Mike as the opening act for the 2002 tour. Nobody else had heard it either here or on HTGTH. I was able to convice people that I was an insider because of this. In reality, I had just heard a local DJ mention it.

Yes, we all remember the magic fax machine....

But Mysteron's info has been different. It's not been one specific thing here or there, like "predicting" a VMA appearance.

He gave out the better part of the whole tour schedules days before they were "official".

And Danny, as lucky as you got....do you think you could have pulled off organizing the Hammerstein presell, through management, by "guessing" your way through?

Again, hey.....believe him or not..but there are some things you can't explain away by "guessing" unless you assume he's clairvoyant.

Someone explain how you know, and post, exact dates, times, and locations of Euro tour dates before they're officially released?

Someone explain how you coordinate a pre-sell, using Ticketmaster, through the band's management without connections to them?

I'm willing to listen to any explanations people come up with, but...I'll be honest...the people who usually insist he's full of shit don't usually know his track record. They can't address specifics, they're just going by the "general feeling" concerning "insiders" in the gnr community. Hell, maybe you've seen instances where he's been REALLY wrong that I've missed.

And Mysteron always hedges with things like "that's the plan". Not because he's trying to be vague, but for two other reasons:

Anyway, believe whatever you like. All I ask is that you at least look at the evidence on the table and form an informed opinion.....if you still don't believe him, bully for you.

Explain how a guy with no association with the band can announce the opener for a tour. Oh wait...I just did.

It's possible, dude. I'm not saying Mysteron is full of shit, I'm just saying it's possible. Skeptisism is an honorable trait, dude.

As I've said in the past, it was because of him that I got to see GNR 5 times in '06...I don't begrudge the guy, so I'll take this as a positive sign. He won't be the one breaking the news after all.

yea, at least he was nice enough to say something. Axl would kick his ass if he broke the news himself, he can't really go on HTGTH and say something like "yes, it's official, CD is coming out Nov 23, and here's the tracklisting". But if Nov 23 is true, and I think it is, Axl better get his ass in gear or else the album will leak before we even get the official word.

Explain how a guy with no association with the band can announce the opener for a tour. Oh wait...I just did.

It's possible, dude. I'm not saying Mysteron is full of shit, I'm just saying it's possible. Skeptisism is an honorable trait, dude.

ONE little piece of info, like a tour opener, is vastly different than a tour schedule.

It's also VERY different than coordinating a presale through band management.

Be skeptical. But be "informed", too.

Edited by pilferk

yea, at least he was nice enough to say something. Axl would kick his ass if he broke the news himself, he can't really go on HTGTH and say something like "yes, it's official, CD is coming out Nov 23, and here's the tracklisting". But if Nov 23 is true, and I think it is, Axl better get his ass in gear or else the album will leak before we even get the official word.

Does Axl even know which of the person close to the band does log in at htgth to post as "mysteron"?

So, you're skeptical because anyone can get lucky and broadcast shitty info just like you did? I don't understand how you can be skeptical of his credentials, when yours was purely based on luck and the fact that it worked out for you in the end. Not everything Mysteron has said has worked out, but at least he continues to try. So, where's your next brilliant revelation?

Does Axl even know which of the person close to the band does log in at htgth to post as "mysteron"?

Does Axl? No idea.

Does the band management? Yes, I'm relatively certain they do...given the level of involvement with him to coordinate the Hammerstein presell.

ONE little piece of info, like a tour opener, is vastly different than a tour schedule.

It's also VERY different than coordinating a presale through band management.

Be skeptical. But be "informed", too.

Ticketmaster does presales all the time. So does other event brokerage businesses. They also get the information on tours before it is released to the public. Who's to say that Mysteron doesnt work in the concert promotions industry? Has he ever given us any information about the band other than concert information? Has he ever told us before anyone else about an Axl appearance (introducing The Killers at the VMA's, the fashion thing in LA, etc.)? Has anyone in the band ever acknowledged him as an insider?

Again...I'm not saying he is full of shit. He very well could be an insider. I just have not been convinced that he is.

Don't you find it odd that an album would come out on a Sunday?

Ticketmaster does presales all the time. So does other event brokerage businesses. They also get the information on tours before it is released to the public. Who's to say that Mysteron doesnt work in the concert promotions industry? Has he ever given us any information about the band other than concert information? Has he ever told us before anyone else about an Axl appearance (introducing The Killers at the VMA's, the fashion thing in LA, etc.)? Has anyone in the band ever acknowledged him as an insider?

Again...I'm not saying he is full of shit. He very well could be an insider. I just have not been convinced that he is.

I think you're confused on the way the ticket presale was handled, and how it went down.

I suggest you revist that whole scenario and how it went down. His involvement was absolutely, positivley on the management side, not the promoter side. Confirmed by a bunch of gnr mods (including Madison, I think).

And yes, he's provided other information (verified later in Band member interviews..sometimes weeks or months later) that's been confirmed. I dont' remember if he confirmed or talked about the Axl appearance at the VMA's....and I'm not sure he's THAT inside. Maybe.

Management has acknowledged him as an "insider" by providing him information to disseminate to the fans (a la the presale), yes.

But, whatever gets you through the night....man.

Don't you find it odd that an album would come out on a Sunday?

Yes and no.

Supposedly, since it's a best buy exclusive, they've asked for GnR to tailor the release to their sales cycle (Sunday to Saturday). It works to GnR's benefit, too...because they get extra days to sell through product, effecting their chart ranking.

Also, there have been video games that have gone this route for awhile now, and it's been pretty successful for that industry, and for differentiation on the products. Gives them a sort of "special event" feel, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to go that route.

But yes, it is outside the norm. It's not the only example (metallica did a Friday release), but it's not the usual.

Edited by pilferk