Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

So...November 25th ey? How's that going, any official announcments yet?

Absolutely! From every site except gunsnroses.com

If it's not from Best Buy, the label, or a GNR annoucnement then it's got absolutely no weight.

I thought it was for sure that it was going to be on "the schedule" last week sometime?

Edited by FunkyMonk

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...November 25th ey? How's that going, any official announcments yet?

Absolutely! From every site except gunsnroses.com

and that surprises you why??????????

same shit different day......... gotta love being a GnR Fan!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by SHAZ65

Well, if nothing comes out of any of this, I'd like to have some kind of explanation of what the Hell the Best Buy Leaks were all about.

Do you really think that if nothing happens about this that they will explain why? :lol:

(I'm not picking on you I swear! :tongue2:)

Edited by FunkyMonk

Well, if nothing comes out of any of this, I'd like to have some kind of explanation of what the Hell the Best Buy Leaks were all about.

Do you really think that if nothing happens about this that they will explain why? :lol:

(I'm not picking on you I swear! :tongue2:)

Well, not technically, but I would like to know why Gould was there playing three tracks and shit.

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N’ Roses’ long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy’s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

from the "Rumor Mill" portion of the site :rofl-lol:

Somewhere in time, where only Axl can tell.

You know what we know now was not ment for public consumption - So if it all falls through and nothing happens technically we shouldn't recieve any explanation. It's nice to know GnR's managers are working towards their goal behind the scenes tho.

How many more tracks to be released/teased onto several platforms before C.D really starts starting?

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N’ Roses’ long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy’s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

OMG & HOLY SHIT!

Read the rest of the so-called 'rumors' on that page.

It's all legit news.

I'm not saying that the 11/23 News is set in stone or whatever - but it's not a crank site.

CDSN!

From Hits Daily Double:

OMG & HOLY SHIT!

Read the rest of the so-called 'rumors' on that page.

It's all legit news.

I'm not saying that the 11/23 News is set in stone or whatever - but it's not a crank site.

CDSN!

kk I'm gonna go to bed now. I'll wake up go to my job interview and when I'm back I hope I see some more sources of this news or something official... Been a long 2 weeks.

From The Business Sheet...

http://www.businesssheet.com/2008/10/kanye...ers-in-november

Over the past few months, the major record labels have announced a number of high-profile album releases for the end of the year, no doubt in an effort to boost fourth-quarter revenues. One previously dormant act who lately began prepping an end-of-the-year release is Kanye West. But while Kanye blogged two weeks ago that his album, 808s and Heartbreak would be coming out "November something," he didn't provide a specific release date. Today, we learn that his new album will be released on November 25, pitting him against fellow Island Def Jam act The Killers, who release their third album the same day. While you might think Kanye and The Killers attract different fanbases, we think plenty of people would want to buy both discs.

In that case, Thanksgiving weekend will feature a much different battle than the one that took place between Kanye and 50 Cent last year—and, if Kanye plays it up, perhaps the most exciting competition of The Killers' career. (No offense to past rivals The Bravery and Fall Out Boy.)

Meanwhile, this album puts Universal in the dominant position for holiday releases with new discs set to hit shelves from Jay-Z, Kanye, The Killers, 50 Cent and Guns N' Roses.

From Canada.com....

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonis...46-0b6332da848c

We cry ourselves to sleep at night knowing music fans have pretty much stopped going to traditional record stores.

CD sales in the U.S. were down last week by a whopping 30 per cent from the same point last year.

The cavalry is on its way, as the year's ultra high-profile releases are slated for the coming months. We've already seen big releases by Radiohead, Coldplay, Metallica, Kid Rock and Lil Wayne put up big numbers, yet the best is still to come.

We suggest you save your pennies for these upcoming efforts. They might make a believer out of you yet.

1. Guns N' Roses, Chinese Democracy (Nov. 25). The biggest joke in recent history just might become a reality in the next few months. Expectations are high that the long-delayed recording from singer W. Axl Rose (and a bag of hammers operating under the GNR banner) will move serious units. That attitude will last a week if the music sucks, and the band's label will need to find other ways to recoup the reported $10-million price tag. In any event, Chinese Democracy is the year's biggest release, in terms of audience anticipation.

------

Fucking so close. I'm not giving up hope on 11/25 or 2008.

I guess if Best Buy does nab an exclusive, they can wait a lot longer to make the release announcement because they don't have to go through traditional venues of release...I reckon it might be a bit faster to put something out through a single retail outlet like Best Buy. :shrugs:

This is exactly what I'm thinking to myself as I rationalize a release as the days pass us by. Let's hope you're dead on here.

From Hits Daily Double:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Would be smart if true. We'll see!

Edited by sofine11

Yet there has been no refuting about this Nov. release date, so maybe we should just bite the bullet and believe. God can you imagine the chaos that this album will be, might even be the return of excitement. Hell people wait in line in epic movies that they have waited 10 years for, we have seen it even in the past 5 years. Anticipation is not found dead in the American fanatic consumers, when something is made to rejuvanate the senses. Now on a muscial scale I know America is not rock n roll anymore, yet maybe in all actuallity we arent respecting the music scene because of the failing quality of music integrity, as I have stateds before. So cheers for Chinese Democracy and this could def. be what broke the camels back for what was in the past exciting times for music when it comes to us as fans to the upteenth degree, and for the new kids growing up that are going to be able to experience something exciting in the scope of musical art in there life time, blessed be, I salute you axl for sticking it to the man.

Edited by mack10