Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, and with this album anything can/could happen, but I dont think some of these really credible sites like Harddrive and Billboard would post this as fact unless they were 100% certain thats the release date. I'm 99% convinced this is finally happening, and hopefully we get something official very soon.

I have to admit, I do believe these articles are true and I think Kaneda's post last night was a reference to them since he created it mere minutes before the first article went online, but hey, until the thing's out in stores, anything can happen.

Which post is that?

It was deleted because he edited it and turned it into a spam about a minute after creating it.

The message was originally:

GET READY

Then a minute later he edited it to: SOON IS THE WORD.

Then he just edited it so that it said KANEDA KANEDA and the mods deleted it. I don't know why he did it or what the point was, but minutes afterward the first article about the Nov 23 date went online.

Haven't these credible sites posted release dates before that turned to shit?

Not saying they are lying but in GnR land things change so fast that today's fact is tomorrows lie, i have no faith it will come out now, i admit it

Umm no. Not from Billboard.com lol

Billboard is like the Variety of the music industry, isn't it?

Notice that they said THEIR sources close to the situation confirmed it, so they aren't just relying on other websites for their info. They got it straight from the horse's mouth, or at least from the people taking care of the horse. :lol: Considering Azoff gave them an exclusive last time (about the Best Buy deal, before it was revealed anywhere else), I wouldn't be surprise if the "source close to the situation" is Azoff himself.

Which would definitely be good news for us.

Edited by Estranged Reality

If gunsnroses.com confirms it the release date is real......

Yes, because they've been so trustworthy in the past. :lol:

I would trust Azoff over Del James and his GN'R website updates, so if we start hearing that Azoff is confirming the release date to people, I'll believe it.

It seems like Del works on another level from Azoff and in some cases seems to be working against him. It was interesting to me how Del started confirming the Body of Lies news to fans on MySpace before it was officially announced, then suddenly stopped responding to people, and then started responding again saying "It's not my place to comment on that." I wondered if perhaps Azoff asked him why he was doing his job for him. It just shows how amateurish and incompetent GN'R's news handling has been over the years - posting vague updates to fan forums, messaging bulletins on MySpace, never updating their website, posting inane things on their website when they do update it, refusing to confirm or deny anything, etc., etc., etc. Azoff knows how to do it. The fact that he's giving sources like Billboard exclusive news updates (such as the Best Buy deal) and seems to be actively pursuing the promotion of this album is reassuring.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I have to admit, I do believe these articles are true and I think Kaneda's post last night was a reference to them since he created it mere minutes before the first article went online, but hey, until the thing's out in stores, anything can happen.

Which post is that?

It was deleted because he edited it and turned it into a spam about a minute after creating it.

GET READY

Then he just edited it so that it said KANEDA KANEDA and the mods deleted it. I don't know why he did it or what the point was, but minutes afterward the first article about the Nov 23 date went online.

What was the source of the first article?

(I haven't read through all of this yet)

Billboard is like the Variety of the music industry, isn't it?

Notice that they said THEIR sources close to the situation confirmed it, so they aren't just relying on other websites for their info. They got it straight from the horse's mouth, or at least from the people taking care of the horse. :lol: Considering Azoff gave them an exclusive last time (about the Best Buy deal, before it was revealed anywhere else), I wouldn't be surprise if the "source close to the situation" is Azoff himself.

Which would definitely be good news for us.

Billboard is the Official Charts List for all musical genres in America. They keep track of every Record and Single. If they say it is Official, it is Official.

Billboard and Harddrive radio have posted rumors in the past, but they always let you know that its just a rumor. To my knowledge they dont post something as fact unless their sources are 100% sure. Now anything could happen, and Axl could pull the deal at anytime, but I think as of right now this deal is in place and this info is correct.

As far as harddrive, this post from today is what im talking about. When they are posting something that is rumored, they make it clear like in this post.

Rumors are running rampant around the net about Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham of Led Zeppelin. Talk is they want to tour and Robert Plant does not. But according to an interview done for MuchMoreMusic, Twister Sister's Dee Snider (also the host of "House of Hair") spilled the beans that the remaining Led Zep members may decide to either tour or record with one Myles Kennedy, who happens to be the singer for Alter Bridge. Apparently Dee is also managed by the same manager that handles Robert Plant. Plant has said publicly he has no intention to tour for at least another two years. So we will just have to wait 'n see. Meanwhile, Alter Bridge are about to embark on a tour of the UK. I think the truth on all this will be made clear very soon.

http://www.harddriveradio.com/pages/dirt.asp

Anyone else notice the following from the new billboard article:

As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23

-The use of the term "set" seems interesting...

Yeah, I noticed the "set" thing too. I'm really trying hard not to give my hopes up about it, though. It would be nice if we get something more than just 12 or 13 tracks (most of which we've all herd already).

Either way...none of this really matters since we don't have any confirmation that the "set" is even coming out.

Which post is that?

GET READY

What was the source of the first article?

(I haven't read through all of this yet)

I think it was this article: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N’ Roses’ long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy’s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

A few topics with links were merged into this thread, but looking back I'm pretty sure that was the first one.

Yeah, I noticed the "set" thing too. I'm really trying hard not to give my hopes up about it, though. It would be nice if we get something more than just 12 or 13 tracks (most of which we've all herd already).

Either way...none of this really matters since we don't have any confirmation that the "set" is even coming out.

Yeah, it's probably smart not to get your hopes too high. Although, I have to say, I think this is legit! I doubt Billboard would run that without getting some inside info,etc. The only thing I don't understand is why the F aren't Axl and Co saying something yet?? If there's nothing by the end of the day I wouldn't be suprised, but I would be dissapointed. I mean if you took this long to make something, wouldn't you want to be the one who announces its release??? Not a couple of internet sites. Just a thought.