Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how gnr fans used to live back in those days when there was no internet.

Oh you mean back in the old days when Guns N Roses used to put the music on CDs & Cassettes and they would sell them at these shops.....what were they called.........ummmmm...........Record Stores.

Glad thats over, what the hell is a record anyway :rofl-lol:

I had this weird dream that Axl had a falling out with Best Buy and his manager and decided to stop the release by threatening them with negative publicity and other insider propaganda. He then purchased all the copies at wholesale as not to be sued. And that was the end of CD.

I, like everyone else, has been wondering why the F Axl hasn't released a statement yet. It would only make sense to make a statement since apparently 50 websites are beating you to the punch. Then I realized, it's because he's not awake yet. It's only about 2PM on the West Coast. So he'll get up around 5PM like he's apparently been doing for 20 years and then we'll have our annoucement!

Don't you find it odd that an album would come out on a Sunday?

Best Buy comes out with a nice color mulit-page ad that comes out every Sunday, in all major newspapers around the country. (You can also pick

up a copy or see it on the wall when you initially walk into the store).

This will generate a monster amount of sales imo.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/extendedpl...n-roses-br.html

Perhaps the FBI is standing guard.

Word, according to Billboard, is that Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the fluorescent lights of retail outlets on Nov. 23, the Sunday before the big Thanksgiving holiday shopping weekend. Additionally, the album will be a retail exclusive to big box outlet Best Buy.

But those who want to avoid hordes of shoppers clamoring for a Wii Fit need not fear. Certainly the first-week Best Buy price will be cheaper than the major label wholesale cost. The end result, as when the Eagles partnered with a mass merchant, is that other retailers will likely just buy the album from Best Buy and stock it themselves, unless federal agents will be retained to enforce the maximum purchase limit.

The strategically-timed release will undoubtedly pump up first-week sales for the much-ballyhooed record, one that has been so overly hyped and ridiculously guarded that a blogger was actually charged with a felony for leaking many of the songs. It will be interesting to see how fans respond after the initial week of curiosity has passed, and if the story of the album will prove to be more interesting than the actual album, especially after years of on-and-off tours and promises that the record would be coming soon, really!

A recent conversation with a music industry manager had this usually insightful fellow proclaiming that "Chinese Democracy" would sell more than 1 million copies in its first week, but I can't see that happening. Guns N' Roses has hype but hasn't been consistently feeding its fanbase, a la Lil Wanye, and the band did little to show that it didn't have an antagonistic relationship with its fans after "Chinese Democracy" hit the Web this summer.

And that doesn't take into account that Guns N' Roses is essentially a classic rock band these days. Boo and hiss all you want, but the band, after all, is taking a page from Don Henley and Co. to release the album. What's next? A song exclusive "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"? Actually, yes, as the album's "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in "Rock Band 2."

i wonder how gnr fans used to live back in those days when there was no internet.

haha the mid nineties must have been a bleak time :tongue2:

We watched Kurt Loder on MTV News & always checked the dry erase board at Sam Goody's and other now closed down record stores for the UYI 1&2 release dates!

I skipped school to get those records when I was a kid and i'll put in for a day off at work if Nov 23 is THE DAY!!!

It fucking sucked. I remember going to Fargo, ND to see GNR early in 1993on the Skin N' Bones Tour (my 3rd GNR concert at the time). At one point in the show, Axl is on the mic and he say's "this is a song we hope to release on a punk cover album" introducing "Attitude". At that point, we had been hearing about this mysterious "punk cover album" for quite a long while and had no clue when it was going to be released. After saying that, I actually yelled out as loud as possible "WHEN?!?!?!".

So, blabbermouth gets their information from HITS, then billboard gets their information from blabbermouth, and now the Envelope gets their information from billboard.

We really only have this "confirmation" from one source, people.

So, blabbermouth gets their information from HITS, then billboard gets their information from blabbermouth, and now the Envelope gets their information from billboard.

We really only have this "confirmation" from one source, people.

Actually you're wrong. HITS started the whole thing, but Billboard apparently confirmed it themselves with somebody else.

Actually you're wrong. HITS started the whole thing, but Billboard apparently confirmed it themselves with somebody else.

True. Personally, I consider these sources more reliable than Axl.

How many times can a guy say something that doesn't pan out and still be considered "reliable".

THG

I was at the record store today. And I asked this beautiful girl behind the counter, when will Chinese Democracy be out. She just smiled at me and said that it would be out november 13th, And she saw how I smiled when I heard the news. Then she told me that she had been a Guns N' Roses fan all her life, and she asked me how long I'd been a fan. We talke for about 30 minutes (not many costumers) Then this guy came and took over the counter. She asked me if I wanted to come with her in the backroom. I wouldn't mind that, So we want back. She put a disk in the stereo, It was some of the leaked tracks. First of was better. She had the look in her eyes and mine where the same. We just gave into the moment and started to make out. Clothes where flying off like they where burning. It was so hot.

Then Ross from Friends walked in the door and screamed. "WE WHERE ON A BREAK!"

When I think of it. It might just have been a dream ;)

:rofl-lol:

This question is irrelevant. Back then we either had GNR on tour or GNR in the studio working on an album. A release date was set and then announced and then the album came out all in a matter of months.

Now we wait 5 years for a rumor, and then 2 years for a leak, and another 2 years for a tour that's cut short, and then more leaks a year later, and another tour, and then silence followed by more leaks.

This question is irrelevant. Back then we either had GNR on tour or GNR in the studio working on an album. A release date was set and then announced and then the album came out all in a matter of months.

Now we wait 5 years for a rumor, and then 2 years for a leak, and another 2 years for a tour that's cut short, and then more leaks a year later, and another tour, and then silence followed by more leaks.

Until now!

One minor issue I have is that they all say Robin Finck has gone. Which is bad news.

Bad news to who? I understand that it's hard to imagine Guns N Roses carrying on without a guy that was never on an album, but ....

THG

Bad news to me, he was a massive part behind me getting into the new band. He is fantastic to watch live and judging by Better, his work on the album is going to be good.