Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003872663

More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirm to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

Beyond enticing pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday. As such, "Chinese Democracy" would not be eligible to chart on The Billboard 200 until the week of Dec. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008.

"We're waiting to hear about 'Chinese Democracy' just like all the other GNR fans," Dr Pepper VP of marketing Tony Jacobs tells Billboard. "But if the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Billboard

"As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday."

THE SET???

what does this mean my friends?

every best buy albums are done in sets of bonus discs and documentary or live dvd's.

Best Buy adds bonus stuff to dvd exclusives too.

I've got exclusive dvd cases at Best Buy (3D images etc.)

Also,they had an exclusive deal when the Friday 13th box set came out...there was an exclusive bonus disc (of extras) you couldn't get anywhere else.It was also limited edition,it's hard to find now.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Best Buy has exclusive additional material in relation to ChiDem (if indeed they really do have this deal).

Exclusives that the copies being imported in will not have.

Also,they had an exclusive deal when the Friday 13th box set came out...there was an exclusive bonus disc (of extras) you couldn't get anywhere else.It was also limited edition,it's hard to find now.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Best Buy has exclusive additional material in relation to ChiDem (if indeed they really do have this deal).

They did the same thing with the 'Sleepaway Camp' survival kit back in 2002.

THG

I bought Motley Crue's Saints Of Los Angeles at Best Buy for the exclusive DVD and it sucked.I hope GNR comes in a regular and deluxe with the deluxe being a DVD/CD.GNR need to have something packaged with this to keep people from downloading it, some kind of Hammerstein show or poster.Yes, I know the dvd will eventually end up online as well.

I bought Motley Crue's Saints Of Los Angeles at Best Buy for the exclusive DVD and it sucked.I hope GNR comes in a regular and deluxe with the deluxe being a DVD/CD.GNR need to have something packaged with this to keep people from downloading it, some kind of Hammerstein show or poster.Yes, I know the dvd will eventually end up online as well.

Actually the bonus disc in the Friday the 13th box set sucked too.

Amy Rose, they are all using the same website as their source.

Check MTV's sub-header: "Album has release date, according to website...."

yup we have to wait for the gnr camp to do a press release