Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

finck says hi!

2842849220_8741a9b672_o.jpg

Finck looks fucking cool there, I really hope he comes back to GNR when things start happening.

I hope they release it at big W over here :)

As long as it comes out on November the 23rd I couldn't give a shit where they sell it. They have a tendancy to fuck up release dates here so that we get it a few days later, apparently an "international" release date means nothing to the stores over here.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GN'R album date confirmed

Guns N' Roses' album Chinese Democracy has been given a confirmed release date, 16 years after their last album.

The album will be released on November 23 in America - a Sunday, rather than the usual Tuesday, because it is only being sold via Best Buy supermarkets.

The band's PR told us: "We're assuming that the US date means it will be out here on November 24, but we haven't had official confirmation just yet."

Source: http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news...+confirmed.aspx

GN'R album date confirmed

Guns N' Roses' album Chinese Democracy has been given a confirmed release date, 16 years after their last album.

The album will be released on November 23 in America - a Sunday, rather than the usual Tuesday, because it is only being sold via Best Buy supermarkets.

The band's PR told us: "We're assuming that the US date means it will be out here on November 24, but we haven't had official confirmation just yet."

Source: http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news...+confirmed.aspx

Hmmm. The band's PR told us? Getting a little better.

Guns N' Roses to release new album next month

By Jonathan Cohen

20 minutes ago

NEW YORK (Billboard) - More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation told Billboard.

The set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, November 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 full-length debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on October 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008. A Dr Pepper spokesperson was not immediately available for comment.

Reuters/Billboard

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081009/music_nm/us_guns_1

Looks promising...very tempting to get into 'Chinese Democracy Starts NOW!' mode, but I think it's wise to cool it until we get a 100% official confirmation on the official website. As history has shown us, no other source in GNR land is ever 100% reliable.

i think it's hilarious that rollingstone.com refused to post any info regarding the reported release date on their website today. clearly someone at rolling stone is very unhappy that azoff and co. have chosen billboard.com as the place to which they leak information, having apparently given rolling stone the cold shoulder.

Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' Finally Issued Release Date

Click here to find out when -- and where! -- the long-awaited full-length from Axl Rose and Co. will be released.

By Larry Fitzmaurice 10.09.08 9:29 AM

Axl Rose / Photo courtesy Eammon, flickr.com/people/eammonAfter a decade of waiting, waiting some more, and pretending the wait is over, the wait is, indeed, definitely, probably, possibly over. Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy, the perpetually delayed follow-up to 1991's Use Your Illusion, will be released exclusively via Best Buy Sunday, November 23, Billboard.com reports. In the U.S., new releases typically drop on Tuesday.

Borrowing equally from the innovative distribution strategies of Metallica and AC/DC, the release of Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy will be preceded by two teasers: "Shackler's Revenge," which will appear in Rock Band 2, and "If the World," which will play over the end credits of the forthcoming film Body of Lies.

If you're looking for something to wash all of that down with, may we suggest a refreshing beverage?

Source: http://www.spin.com/articles/guns-n-roses-...ed-release-date

Guns N' Roses - If The World

Axl's Body of Lies contribution comes off smoothly.

by Spence D.

October 9, 2008 - It may have taken Axl Rose more than a decade (actually 15 years) to deliver a new Guns N' Roses album, but the light at the end of the tunnel is slowly beginning to shine a little brighter.

While Rose has been coy with the media and harsh with anybody who has leaked tracks online, he's been a shrewd man in terms of how he is officially setting up the proposed November 25th release of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy.

First was the high profile placement of "Shackler's Revenge" on Rock Band 2. Now comes the equally high profile placement of the next official track from the album, "If The World."

Tacked on at the end of Ridley Scott's new international thriller Body Of Lies, starring box office icons Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe, the song is the first thing you hear once the end credits begin to roll.

In stark contrast to the abrasive electro shock and generic industrial glitz of "Shackler's", this track flips a complete 180 in the opposite direction.

Keeping in tune with the film's distinct Middle Eastern thematics, Axl and band have laid out a slinky, neo-soul number that is surprisingly good.

Drenched in electronic funk slither with Rose affecting a slightly effeminate vocal croon, the track would actually have made a stellar James Bond theme song.

At the core of the song is a syncopated drum and bass groove that is warm and supple. It's wrapped around a slow burn expanse of guitar and then topped off with Rose's sedated caterwaul cum croon.

As with the sinewy vibe of the music itself, the core lyrical refrain of " If the world would end today/then all the dreams we had would all just drift away, oh/You know there's nothing more to say/if the world would end and our love slipped away..." is a perfect fit to the film's thematics of global peril and dangerous love.

Having only gotten one listen (and the song is relatively short, to boot), it's hard to really nail the song and how it will fit in with the rest of Chinese Democracy, but first impressions were strong, with the strange floating funk ambiance working surprisingly well for Mr. Rose. If the rest of the album is along these lines GN'R may be back in force, albeit on a uniquely different tact.

The only bummer is that those looking to score a copy of the track will have to settle for going to the movies instead. As of now there are no plans to include it on the official soundtrack.

Source: http://music.ign.com/articles/916/916983p1.html

One minor issue I have is that they all say Robin Finck has gone. Which is bad news.

Bad news to who? I understand that it's hard to imagine Guns N Roses carrying on without a guy that was never on an album, but ....

THG

Ha, just what I was thinking. By the Way, are those lyrics on your profile legit? If so, where and how'd you come across those?

No. They're not legit. They are as fake as they look. "The Google" found this dumb shit:

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...545A2B010253115

They seem to fit the clip I have.

from cd.com

shadowrocker05

Just confirmed with my source at Best Buy (who was at the vendor event) that the CD is now OFFICIALLY in Best Buy's RSS system. RSS is the system they use to check inventory and product information. Chinese Democracy is listed with an official street date of November 25th, 2008. It is possible that the release will be moved up to Sunday but the one thing that is certain is that it IS being released that week and it WILL be featured in Best Buy's November 23rd ad as well as a few ads leading up to that week.

If you guys would like proof for yourselves feel free to call Best Buy or go in to a store and ask. Make sure they check in RSS and not on the website like a lot of them try to do.

i guess it ben somewhat confrimed

I have a google alert set for chi dem for years now, today it was feeding all kinds of confirmed release date stories, all traced to Billboard, but most from reputable sources, which hasn't happened like that before.

For real this time?

If it isn't announced on the official website, then I'll refuse to believe it.

If it's not in my cd player playing, I'll refuse to believe it.

Same, but I might have to perform some rigorous experimentation to ensure that I'm not dreaming/hallucinating.

The radio station I listen to said that they have the thumbs up to play the new GUNS N' ROSES. I'd start a thread about this but I'm on restriction. They will be giving more info on the rock report that starts at six. That's 20 minutes away. Here's a link to the station. I'm going to lose my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cfox.com/

Edited by Randy Lahey