Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

If they're planning on a DVD release it should be the Boudkan show the one with Axl's monitor mix.

The band sounds tight and Axl's vocals are top notch.

A re-recorded appetite right now wouldn't make sense when they're trying to introduce the new band and I use the term band loosely.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, I can't even imagine all the NDA that are signed for this.

Looks like they are trying to create a hype with all this. The problem is that only the GN'R fans that have access to a GN'R forum

know about it. We are, in a certain way, part of the promotion. How many of us are talking about this to their friends? I guess a few of us.

If they don't use the movie for promotion, that means that they have a plan on the table.

By putting out a few song out, with the movie and RB, media will take the released date when it's announce more seriously. Strange marketing plan

I have to say.

If they're planning on a DVD release it should be the Boudkan show the one with Axl's monitor mix.

The band sounds tight and Axl's vocals are top notch.

A re-recorded appetite right now wouldn't make sense when they're trying to introduce the new band and I use the term band loosely.

Totally agree on your last point. I really hope the extra dvd is some sort of Making Of Chinese Democracy with a bunch of behind the scenes stuff and interviews with Axl. That would be killer! As far as a Live DVD, I think it would be cool, but I'd rather get one of those from the tour that hopefully follows the release on 11/23/2008!

From MTV...

Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Will Finally Be Released November 23

Web site claims that's the day long-awaited LP will land on Best Buy shelves.

By Chris Harris

Well, it's looking more and more likely that Guns N' Roses' follow-up to 1991's Use Your Illusion albums, Chinese Democracy, will actually see the retail light of day in our lifetime.

Last month there were rumors that frontman Axl Rose had inked a deal with Best Buy allowing the chain to be the album's sole purveyor, and that GN'R's manager, Andy Gould, told 900 Best Buy employees during a Dallas convention that the LP would be on store shelves by November 25. Now comes word from Hits Daily Double (you need to register to access the site) that Interscope has arrived at a hard-and-fast, set-your-clock-to-it release date of November 23.

Although a spokesperson for Interscope had not responded to MTV News' requests to confirm the report as of press time, Hits Daily Double claims the record will drop the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, giving the record a full seven days at retail before entering the December 2 Billboard chart; typically, albums are released in the U.S. on Tuesdays.

With the site reporting a firm release date, it seems Chinese Democracy is finally imminent, but without label confirmation, the report could just be the latest in a long string of rumors. A track from the album called "If the World" accompanies the closing credits of "Body of Lies," the new thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. Plus, Guns N' Roses' song "Shackler's Revenge" appears on the new "Rock Band 2" video game.

If the report is true, then November 23 marks the end to what's been a 17-year saga, rife with broken promises, confusing delays and rock criticism punch lines. And you'd have to imagine no one could be happier about it than Rose himself. In 2006, in an online posting that promised the band would do its best to have the record ready for release that year, the frontman said that "to say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement.

"Overcoming the endless and seemingly insanity of the obstacles faced by all involved, not withstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone — the fans, the band, our road crew and business team — has, at many times, seemed for all like a bad dream where one wakes up only to find they are still in the nightmare, and unfortunately this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life," Rose continued. "The true ongoing behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time some form or another of legalities have been taking place that really the best way to deal with publicly was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome and especially one that wouldn't jeopardize the band or the album."

Despite all this, and with fans growing increasingly impatient for a taste of Chinese Democracy, Rose has still managed to tour — successfully, at that — as Guns N' Roses. The road to the record's release has also been littered with numerous leaks (one reportedly facilitated by former baseball catcher Mike Piazza), false starts and a number of sightings, where the singer has reportedly previewed his magnum opus for complete strangers. In 2006, Rose stopped into a New York nightclub to celebrate his 44th birthday and played 10 tracks for the club's owners and a group of friends.

howgun.gif

Gotta love this guy

absolutely stunning...Could you possibly be any more on point? Within 2 minutes, I love it!

Best movie ever made! The girl in his bed was so hot, that it brought me my 1st erection. And the nutty professor was so terrifying, that it made me shit my pants 10 seconds after I got the erection. I was 6 years old and I remember it like yesterday....

Random source does not make it confirmed in any way.

Hits Daily Double is an industry "inside" source. They're reputable and they're usually right (and they're the source of the article linked above).

In addition, billboard has independantly confirmed the same.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003872663

Nothing is official til it's official. But this is about as solid as any "unofficial" word can be.

Edited by pilferk

Man, Rollingstone.com is really missing the boat on this one. Haven't posted anything about this, or even updated their site all day. They're usually on top of GNR related news. Maybe they're keeping quiet waiting to announce some big shit later today! A guy can only hope...

Enough "inside" sources. The fact that websites say, "'Chinese Democracy' Gets Release Date" better make this rumour somewhat credible. Those words have been a long time coming, so they better have something to back up a title like that.