Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

This isn't a fucking official source, change the title man. I was expecting a link to either the Best Buy website or the gunsnroses.com, and this is neither, so it's not official.

fair enough, I changed "official" to reliable. But blabbermouth saying that, without a question mark, is VERY reliable. they're putting their balls out on the block.

I think you need to read the first sentence of the story a little closer. They are not reporting that CD has a release date, they are reporting to HITS saying that CD has a release date:

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date.

So, if this doesn't pan out, blabbermouth hasnt put anything on the block. They didnt say that the album is coming, they just said that somebody else said that the album is coming.

I'm not arguing with you but "according to or not. Blabbermouth IS putting them on the block when they present it as fact. Just how I'm getting shit for saying "blabbermouth said . . ."

No. They quite literally are NOT presenting the album release date as fact. Journalism 101 tells you that the first sentence is the most important part of a story. It also tells you to read the actual facts of that first sentence. Hell, the first five words of the first sentence are "According to Hits Daily Double". You just arent getting it, are you?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a fucking official source, change the title man. I was expecting a link to either the Best Buy website or the gunsnroses.com, and this is neither, so it's not official.

fair enough, I changed "official" to reliable. But blabbermouth saying that, without a question mark, is VERY reliable. they're putting their balls out on the block.

I didn't mean to sound so harsh, just realised I might have come off that way. My hopes just sort of spiked when I saw the title and it was a vicious come-down :tongue2:.

Edited by FunkyMonk

yeah. this thread is better,.,

isnt nov/23rd a sunday??

As someone said earlier, an exclusive deal would mean that BestBuy could release the album any day of the week they want. A Sunday (especially that one) because it could be in their ad in Sunday newspapers across the country.

I would be nice if we got some real CONFIRMATION on this, though. I'm still not holding my breath. This still reeks of a big disappointment.

yeah. this thread is better,.,

isnt nov/23rd a sunday??

during the thanksgiving week, sales starts on sunday. Though most artist release their albums on a tuesday still. It would be a very smart move.

Very smart move. Release it on sunday in the U.S. and the rest of the world can download it on monday. Best promotion they can have imo.

Ok guys, this is about as legitment of news we will get until we get something "official". Harddrive radio doesnt post rumors as facts unless they know for sure, so now I believe this is happening.

Here is there post from today. Not saying this is 100% accurate, but this site has A LOT of credibility, and I believe them because they are 99% of the time right.

Well, the new Guns 'N Roses (I have such a hard time saying that when Slash is not involved) album, "Chinese Democracy," will be available at your local Best Buy store on Sunday Nov. 23. It will be everywhere else, I think, on the 25th

http://www.harddriveradio.com/pages/dirt.asp

Ok guys, this is about as legitment of news we will get until we get something "official". Harddrive radio doesnt post rumors as facts unless they know for sure, so now I believe this is happening.

Here is there post from today. Not saying this is 100% accurate, but this site has A LOT of credibility, and I believe them because they are 99% of the time right.

Well, the new Guns 'N Roses (I have such a hard time saying that when Slash is not involved) album, "Chinese Democracy," will be available at your local Best Buy store on Sunday Nov. 23. It will be everywhere else, I think, on the 25th

http://www.harddriveradio.com/pages/dirt.asp

Like you say it's not official until it's on both best buy and GN'R websites. Even then it can probably go wrong.

The problem I have is the "I think" bit. Sounds like they've heard a rumour. Let's hope it's true though.

LP

only through best buy.. but giving it 7 days before it hits the charts to help it place high.. if he/they/whoever is in charge of the album at this point is concerned with high first week sales.. TRY SELLING THE FUCKING ALBUM SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN BEST BUY

Edited by illfigja

I bet we get a announcement sometime tomorrow since Body Of Lies is released. Would not be suprised to see Chinese Democracy pre-order available in Sundays Best Buy ad, and at the very least next weeks Best Buy ad.

First off we need an announcement from Axl or Best Buy now! I don't think it would be smart to make the announcement on a Friday. Less people pay attention to news on Friday and then the weekend comes and nobody's really paying attention. Thursday, as in today, would be the smart/perfect time to announce it!

Thursday is bull shit. Announcement should be made Monday morning. Then all week people are talking about it. Thursday/Friday means there's a weekend too soon and by Monday morning it's last weeks news.

That's my opinion. Probably horse shit, but fuck it.

LP