Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

And yes, he's provided other information (verified later in Band member interviews..sometimes weeks or months later) that's been confirmed. I dont' remember if he confirmed or talked about the Axl appearance at the VMA's....and I'm not sure he's THAT inside. Maybe.

Like what?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, he's provided other information (verified later in Band member interviews..sometimes weeks or months later) that's been confirmed. I dont' remember if he confirmed or talked about the Axl appearance at the VMA's....and I'm not sure he's THAT inside. Maybe.

Like what?

Stuff invovling Bumblefoot, Buckethead (when he was around), when members have been in the recording studio. who had to lay down tracks....you'd have to check his post history for specifics. I'm not going to play "lawyer" for the guy any more than I have...but there's YEARS worth of posts out there to comb through. Have at 'em.

Edit: And just so you don't feel I'm ignoring or neglecting you...I'm out for the day. See ya all later!

Edited by pilferk

GOD I WISH AXL WOULD JUST COME OUT WITH AN ANNOUCEMENT HIMSELF!! So it's fairly obvious Nov. 23 is basically been confirmed as the release date, or atleast the planned release date. Meaning we could/should have a single out very soon. I mean realistically speaking the single should be out already. I just hope Axl and Company handle and promote this right.

Hopefully we will get band confirmation on this...

GNR's 'Chinese Democracy' Gets Release Date

Axl Rose

Related Links:

Best Buy Snags Guns N' Roses Album Exclusive

Purported New Guns N' Roses Tracks Hit The Web

Dr Peppet Sweetens The Pot For 'Chinese Democracy'

Similar Stories | Topics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORIES

Guns N' Roses 'Negotiating' To Release New Album

Best Buy Snags Guns N' Roses Album Exclusive

Purported New Guns N' Roses Tracks Hit The Web

GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?

New Guns N' Roses Song Heads To 'Rock Band'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 09, 2008 , 11:40 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirm to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

Beyond enticing pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday. As such, "Chinese Democracy" would not be eligible to chart on The Billboard 200 until the week of Dec. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008. A Dr Pepper spokesperson was unavailable for comment at deadline.

Edited by Kaneda

Well, if Kaneda says so....

Isn't it obvious that he is looking to prompt a response from Axl or his housekeeper?

An email that I received earlier today leads me to believe that this may in fact be possible.

Source: An email that I received earlier today.

THG

Edited by The Holy Grail