Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

I don't want to be the negative nanny, but what I don't get:

If CD is to be released on Nov 23th, shouldn't there be a single out at least two or three weeks ahead? Didn't Axl say in 2006 he wanted to promote CD properly? Don't they have to make a video for the single? Doesn't making a video neccessarialy mean that all of the band members have to be at the same place at the same time? Why are all the band members up and away with their side projects still? Why don't they stop that and team up?

I think you have to see SR and If The World as promotion...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallica didnt release their single until August 28th...the cd came out September 12th....so they really dont have to release a single until even November...it will go top 10in a couple days...its new GNR..theres alot of hype around it...

these deals dont require much promo because Best Buy will treat it like a commodity, like the cheap computer items they have on every corner...dont be surprised if there is a CD rack at every aisle, and a big display in the front, CD songs playing over the speakers...they are going to shove this in your face every time you enter a best buy...thats how walmart does it..to great success...

what promo is there really for this ac/dc album? apart from there being a single on the radio...walmart will do the rest...

I can't believe I actually lived long enough to see Chinese Democracy released! :xmasssanta:

Watch what you say. Alot can happen in 44 days. Make sure you look both ways before crossing the street.

Aha, true dat. :lol:

Ha, imagine being a GNR fan and getting hit by a bus on November 22! That would be so cruel!!! :rofl-lol:

I can't believe I actually lived long enough to see Chinese Democracy released! :xmasssanta:

Watch what you say. Alot can happen in 44 days. Make sure you look both ways before crossing the street.

Ha, imagine being a GNR fan and getting hit by a bus on November 22! That would be so cruel!!! :rofl-lol:

It really makes you wonder how many GNR fans have died waiting for CD.

Another reason if there really is 'no single' (before the album release) is that enough of this album has been leaked in demo form and there's songs on RB2 and a bit of a song (still find that weird) on a film!

So maybe they're just wanting the album to be heard in full by the fans before chucking a song out there.

I know that a lot of bands release a single a week before albums now, or in the case of bigger artists they release a single AFTER the album is released so that people here the song and can fuck off online and order it there and then or next time they're out at a store they can pick it up.

In this day and age if people had to wait a month or a few weeks before they can buy an album they would forget about it or something else would've take their eye.

PLUS who the fuck won't hear about the album coming out? Maybe they're hoping people would be interested enough to buy the album. If people get a single and think it's shit then thats $$ they've lost, but if people get the album it's too fucking late! haha! And if the styles are so diverse on the CD how do you promote it properly with a single song?

I personally think it'll be album first, for the old fans and the curious and then a single at the same time as the album or just after to entice the some new blood.

I could be full of shit, but I can't see a single much, if at all, before the album is release.

LP

For anyone in the UK if you go onto teletext on channel 4 page 342 page number 1 it has quotes from the band's PR 'We're assuming that the US date (23rd Nov) means it will be out here (UK) on November 24th, but we havent had official confirmation just yet' :D

http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news...+confirmed.aspx

Edited by steve

There is a rumor out there that a deal for the 23rd of November in the USA between BEST BUY AND GNR has been done however Universal / Geffen / Interscope has to sign off on it and management will try to get it done today so that they can make an announcement tonight or Monday.

Edited by Billy B

There is a rumor out there that a deal for the 23rd of November in the USA between BEST BUY AND GNR has been done however Universal / Geffen / Interscope has to sign off on it and management will try to get it done today so that they can make an announcement tonight or Monday.

wheres that from?

wheres that from?

i think we all want know where he got that from

wheres that from?

straight from his ass :D

Your mortality seems to be raising a few laughs RK :rofl-lol:

wheres that from?

straight from his ass :D

maybe

As far as singles go, they could just do what Metallica does and release like 3 songs all at once. Before Death Magnetic even came out I had heard "The Day THat Never Comes" "Cyanide" and "My Apocalypse" all on the radio.

Screw the single and the video cause it will just be overridden on MTV by a rap video at 6 oclock in the morning.

Another reason if there really is 'no single' (before the album release) is that enough of this album has been leaked in demo form and there's songs on RB2 and a bit of a song (still find that weird) on a film!

So maybe they're just wanting the album to be heard in full by the fans before chucking a song out there.

I know that a lot of bands release a single a week before albums now, or in the case of bigger artists they release a single AFTER the album is released so that people here the song and can fuck off online and order it there and then or next time they're out at a store they can pick it up.

In this day and age if people had to wait a month or a few weeks before they can buy an album they would forget about it or something else would've take their eye.

PLUS who the fuck won't hear about the album coming out? Maybe they're hoping people would be interested enough to buy the album. If people get a single and think it's shit then thats $$ they've lost, but if people get the album it's too fucking late! haha! And if the styles are so diverse on the CD how do you promote it properly with a single song?

I personally think it'll be album first, for the old fans and the curious and then a single at the same time as the album or just after to entice the some new blood.

I could be full of shit, but I can't see a single much, if at all, before the album is release.

LP

I think you are full of shit. Where are you coming up with this "Bands or artists don't release singles" thing? Let's talk about really big artists who have albums coming out around the same time this year. Kanye West and Britney Spears both have albums coming out. Both were scheduled for December (obviously Kanye is Nov. now) and they've both had singles out for a couple of weeks now. The fact is, Axl is considered to be a has been at best from most people in the mainstream. You need to release a kickass single to change peoples perception and hopefully make CD a huge hit! Unless of course, you don't have any kickass singles, and you don't release any because you're just trying to make a big cash grab initially because you realize the music won't hold up. Hopefully it isn't the latter.

If it isn't announced on the official website, then I'll refuse to believe it.

Remember all the stuff 'tuesdays' from Merck lastyear. I'll believe the albums out when its out. Axl can pull the plug anytime before then.

axl can't pull the plug once the contracts are signed

Edited by Sometimes_Isee_dead_people

Led Zeppelin never released a single.

Yeah and they broke up almost 30 years ago. What's your point? Chinese Democracy has taken longer to make than the entire active history of Led Zeppelin! Releasing a single to get people interested, throw a bone to pissed off/anxious fans, and show that Axl still has it to the general public (Assuming he still does) might not be that bad of an idea...

Edited by BMo13